Author Topic: At Last a Podcast from the Experts.  (Read 57652 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: At Last a Podcast from the Experts.
« Reply #330 on: June 05, 2019, 08:07:21 PM »
Of not knowing what happened to their daughter

Yes, my thoughts too.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #331 on: June 05, 2019, 08:09:28 PM »
Well, that as well, of course. Now they have to endure another year.
They’ve managed to endure the last 12 years, I’m sure they’re very relieved that the search for their daughter continues, even it it means more months of waiting for results.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #332 on: June 05, 2019, 11:10:58 PM »
It's interesting reading through the thread to see how the discussion has moved away from front doors, back doors, key, no key to the topic of inadmissible evidence. The supporters don't like the subject of doors and keys. They clearly wouldn't like to see it admitted as evidence IMO.

I wonder why they feel like that? I mean Gerry did sign both documents, which means it did happen, inadmissible evidence or not.

gerrys signature is nether here nor there.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #333 on: June 05, 2019, 11:12:35 PM »
It's interesting reading through the thread to see how the discussion has moved away from front doors, back doors, key, no key to the topic of inadmissible evidence. The supporters don't like the subject of doors and keys. They clearly wouldn't like to see it admitted as evidence IMO.

I wonder why they feel like that? I mean Gerry did sign both documents, which means it did happen, inadmissible evidence or not.

your signature...do you have a cite...its a fallacy imo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #334 on: June 05, 2019, 11:19:12 PM »
Who needs a signature, Lee Rainbow verifies their veracity.

I dont believe rainbow said taht,,,...he said the parents should be investigated but I dont beleive he said the rest...and you have no proof he did

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #335 on: June 05, 2019, 11:35:50 PM »
The contradictions in Gerald McCann’s statements. Denial won't do anyone any good IMHO.

That's you saying that... Where is the proof rainbow said that

Save it till tomorrow.. Sleep well
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 11:41:26 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #336 on: June 05, 2019, 11:41:04 PM »

This supporter knows that you are harping on about nothing if any real import and making a mountain out of a molehill.  Not even Amaral fixated on this issue as much as you have.  I am absolute 100% certain it will never be raised in a court of law.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 03:11:04 PM by Angelo222 »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #337 on: June 05, 2019, 11:42:51 PM »
Settle down and respect each other.  Applies to everyone - so don't take it personally.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #338 on: June 05, 2019, 11:56:42 PM »
Good to see we agree on somethings.

Night night!
Do you really agree?  Got me baffled.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #339 on: June 06, 2019, 09:24:18 AM »
Who needs a signature, Lee Rainbow verifies their veracity.

He verifies the veracity of... what?

Was he simply presented with the two statements? Would he have been sufficiently aware of the likelihood for misunderstandings on that first chaotic day? Did he assume that Gerry would have had a written translation in English to read through? Did the interpreter read back the full written statement drafted by the inspector, or just the general gist?

I'm not sure how Amaral got away with his "ace" (if that's what he kept alluding to) in court as it's not part of the accessible files.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #340 on: June 06, 2019, 10:35:16 AM »
Episode 183; The Timeline.

According to Jim Clemente the timeline is contentious because the police failed to act quickly enough. In his opinion everyone in the group should have been separated immediately and closely questioned.

I agree that it would have helped to clarify the timeline, and I'm prepared to take their word that US and British police would have reacted immediately in that way. Whether it's reasonable to criticise the Portuguese police for failing to do what Anerican and British police would have done I don't know.

One red flag both he and Laura Richatds agree on is the fact that Kate doesn't mention checking if the twins are OK when she realises that Madeleine is missing, and that she leaves them alone to go anf get the others. (32:00) They also wonder if she called Madeleine's name as she searched the apartment for her.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #341 on: June 06, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »

According to Jim Clemente the timeline is contentious because the police failed to act quickly enough. In his opinion everyone in the group should have been separated immediately and closely questioned.

I agree that it would have helped to clarify the timeline, and I'm prepared to take their word that US and British police would have reacted immediately in that way. Whether it's reasonable to criticise the Portuguese police for failing to do what Anerican and British police would have done I don't know.

One red flag both he and Laura Richatds agree on is the fact that Kate doesn't mention checking if the twins are OK when she realises that Madeleine is missing, and that she leaves them alone to go anf get the others. (32:00) They also wonder if she called Madeleine's name as she searched the apartment for her.

i dont think any of that is unreasonable.....hs anyone listened to the final thoughts...what are their conclusions

Offline Carana

« Reply #342 on: June 06, 2019, 10:48:22 AM »

I haven't listened to it, but I will.

A few points in the meantime:

The GNR is the first port of call. Their job was to assess the situation (including verifying that she really wasn't anywhere to be found in the flat - which could well explain the squashed curtain behind the sofa) and to call the PJ in the event of the suspicion of a more serious crime than the run-of-the-mill ones that they routinely dealt with.

Bearing in mind that they were the first responders, was there a first-responder protocol at the time in Portugal? (From memory, there wasn't, but I'd be happy to stand corrected.)

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #343 on: June 06, 2019, 11:55:18 AM »
I haven't listened to it, but I will.

A few points in the meantime:

The GNR is the first port of call. Their job was to assess the situation (including verifying that she really wasn't anywhere to be found in the flat - which could well explain the squashed curtain behind the sofa) and to call the PJ in the event of the suspicion of a more serious crime than the run-of-the-mill ones that they routinely dealt with.

Bearing in mind that they were the first responders, was there a first-responder protocol at the time in Portugal? (From memory, there wasn't, but I'd be happy to stand corrected.)

There are huge gaps in what we know and what we may surmise about the police response.

From a thread about the police timeline, it is difficult to establish when the GNR were informed of the abduction theory.  The earliest response fits a potential missing child rather than a potential abduction.

The escalation to the PJ suggests 5A was being treated as a possible crime scene.

The hauling in of CSI expertise from Lisbon suggests the PJ were taking it very seriously, but by that time, the media scrum had long since started.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #344 on: June 06, 2019, 12:04:55 PM »
There are huge gaps in what we know and what we may surmise about the police response.

From a thread about the police timeline, it is difficult to establish when the GNR were informed of the abduction theory.  The earliest response fits a potential missing child rather than a potential abduction.

The escalation to the PJ suggests 5A was being treated as a possible crime scene.

The hauling in of CSI expertise from Lisbon suggests the PJ were taking it very seriously, but by that time, the media scrum had long since started.

Good post until one hits the bit about "the media scrum" and all that implies.

Apart from it being used by Amaral in his book to excuse not carrying out a reconstruction ... how could the media possibly have interfered with a police investigation?
The police had the power to keep the media to the periphery.  Did that not happen?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....