Author Topic: Rules are there for a reason!  (Read 29046 times)

Offline G-Unit

Rules are there for a reason!
« on: August 18, 2017, 12:49:19 PM »
If you see something that you believe breaks the rules there's a 'report to moderator' link provided. Alternatively you can pm admin. If you feel you have been unfairly moderated you are free to raise that with admin also.

Publicly posting your opinion won't achieve anything because nobody knows what you mean. I recommend using the officially provided channels if you have a complaint.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:09:53 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

Re: Rules are there for a reason!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 01:08:47 PM »
If you see something that you believe breaks the rules there's a 'report to moderator' link provided. Alternatively you can pm admin. If you feel you have been unfairly moderated you are free to raise that with admin also.

Publicly posting your opinion won't achieve anything because nobody knows what you mean. I recommend using the officially provided channels if you have a complaint.

Thank you for your advice. I am sure it is well meant but I have tried those avenues of approach.
You will possibly disagree with me that the moderation is rather unfair against the supporters but posters who leave have not "spat out their dummies".
They are genuinely frustrated at the path the forum is going down.
I know I am.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 01:58:34 PM »
Thank you for your advice. I am sure it is well meant but I have tried those avenues of approach.
You will possibly disagree with me that the moderation is rather unfair against the supporters but posters who leave have not "spat out their dummies".
I know I am.

If you post within the rules you can't be penalised, no matter what your stance. If you prefer to ignore the rules your complaints will not be satisfied. It's really not difficult!
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 01:59:14 PM »
I know I am.

Some days you will be the bug somedays you will be the windshield.
Roll with it, accept the forum for what it is.
Two posters in recent times have spat their dummies out after running unsuccessful vendettas against some moderators.
It is not real life it's an internet forum. If you don't like it find another one you do not have to remain under sufferance you have free will presumably?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 02:08:52 PM »
If you post within the rules you can't be penalised, no matter what your stance. If you prefer to ignore the rules your complaints will not be satisfied. It's really not difficult!

I do post within the rules.
I do not ignore the rules but keeping strictly  within those guidelines seems to be a straight jacket only laced on one side of the debate.
Anyway enough said.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 02:10:02 PM »
Some days you will be the bug somedays you will be the windshield.
Roll with it, accept the forum for what it is.
Two posters in recent times have spat their dummies out after running unsuccessful vendettas against some moderators.
It is not real life it's an internet forum. If you don't like it find another one you do not have to remain under sufferance you have free will presumably?

Thank you for your advice.
The latter may be an option.

Offline John

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 02:35:01 PM »
I don't know what the fuss is about. I think I usually manage to get my points across and stay within the rules.

Most posters do and that is why unusual activity/disruption is easily identified.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 02:38:07 PM »
I know I am.

Could that be because the tide has turned with the SC ruling and the impending closure of the SY investigation?  I have certainly noticed a lemming mentality recently with several supporters effectively committing forum suicide.  Its a true saying, when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:42:25 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 02:42:39 PM »
Most posters do and that is why unusual activity/disruption is easily identified.

The problem may lie within the sphere of not so much unusual activity or disruption but rather when that can be looked at as being the norm and when it is a complaint being voiced and ultimately being acted upon by the resignation of those feeling abused.

Whether they are right or whether they are wrong ... it cannot be denied that one side of an admirable forum which prides itself on diversity are voting with their feet.  I think there is something wrong with that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 02:47:23 PM »
The problem may lie within the sphere of not so much unusual activity or disruption but rather when that can be looked at as being the norm and when it is a complaint being voiced and ultimately being acted upon by the resignation of those feeling abused.

Whether they are right or whether they are wrong ... it cannot be denied that one side of an admirable forum which prides itself on diversity are voting with their feet.  I think there is something wrong with that.

I honestly think they have given up trying to persuade others because of recent events. You only need to look at the official Madeleine sites on the internet which are contracting constantly.  Several unofficial websites like www.mccannfiles.com have now disappeared completely.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 02:50:47 PM by John »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 02:51:36 PM »
Could that be because the tide has turned with the SC ruling and the impending closure of the SY investigation?  I have certainly noticed a lemming mentality recently with several supporters effectively committing forum suicide.  Its a true saying, when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

As far as I am concerned, as a Madeleine supporter, the problem of the SC ruling is one which should be of great concern to Portuguese citizens as they are the ones more likely to be affected by precedent than I am.

I await with interest to see how the Christovão case pans out.

I am hoping that the SY investigation continues for as long as there is justification to do so ... the costs have still a way to go before matching what it has cost for an invisible bridge over the Thames.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 03:16:15 PM »
There is always room for informed debate.  The Madeleine case is indeed an intriguing mystery which may or may not be solved as time goes on.  It will be interesting to see what if anything fills the void left by SY when they eventually pull the plug, personally I fear the days of the 'no stone unturned' campaign are well and truly numbered.  The fate of Madeleine McCann might never be determined.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:58:10 PM by John »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 04:28:27 PM »

The "other side" did it about three years ago. I don't recall you expressing disquiet about that.
Maybe I missed it, if so I apologise.
p.s I have already checked the dates  ?{)(**
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Online Eleanor

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 05:31:32 PM »

The problem as far as I see it is that certain Moderators are using their biased power to silence what they personally don't like.
I am fairly sure that they don't realise what it is that they are doing.

There are often deletions for Libel which in fact aren't Libel at all.  This is so often a personal opinion, which actually isn't good enough.

We now have only Brietta and me as Supporter Mods, and neither she or I ever do this.  So she and I are always going to lose in the deletion stakes, and the silencing of opinions opposed to our own.

But if this is what John wants then all I can say is on his own head be it.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 06:22:25 PM »
The problem as far as I see it is that certain Moderators are using their biased power to silence what they personally don't like.
I am fairly sure that they don't realise what it is that they are doing.

There are often deletions for Libel which in fact aren't Libel at all.  This is so often a personal opinion, which actually isn't good enough.

We now have only Brietta and me as Supporter Mods, and neither she or I ever do this.  So she and I are always going to lose in the deletion stakes, and the silencing of opinions opposed to our own.

But if this is what John wants then all I can say is on his own head be it.

I think the truth is nearer to what John said. Some members were so convinced that they were right and couldn't deal with it when events proved them wrong imo.

Result = happy posting.