Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 110402 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #570 on: May 01, 2020, 12:03:29 AM »
IMO, a government has a fine line to tread in terms of what, when and how it informs the public of an impending serious situation.

No government would want the public to panic, particularly when it's still trying to get to grips with what's actually happening or likely to happen.

But, that's a far step away from reasuring everyone that everything's under control, when you'd have to have an IQ of a shoe size to realise that it isn't.

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #572 on: May 03, 2020, 09:54:49 AM »
IMO, a government has a fine line to tread in terms of what, when and how it informs the public of an impending serious situation.

No government would want the public to panic, particularly when it's still trying to get to grips with what's actually happening or likely to happen.

But, that's a far step away from reasuring everyone that everything's under control, when you'd have to have an IQ of a shoe size to realise that it isn't.

Of course everything isnt under control...who  is suggesting it is. There are just too many unknowns at the moment.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #573 on: May 03, 2020, 10:12:15 AM »
That resonates with me, VS.

Paradoxically, perhaps, I feel more reassured by someone / or a body (a name that springs to mind is Andrew Cuomo) - who states the reality of the situation and the projected solution, than others who are so defensive or spin-oriented that I no longer have a clue what the reality actually is.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm alone in thinking that...

No, I'm rereading that...

it seems to me that Cuomo uis saying similar things to the UK govt. we cant simply lift restricyions without more knowledge. As i understand there is now a more reliable test that the govt will use on a random sample to check the level of Immunity in the general population......thats whats needed.

I listened to another "expert" who says new Zealand may have got it wrong and have simply delayed deaths. That combined with NZ having a problem getting poeple to accept  a measles vaccine which means they no longer have herd immunity to it may just be shoring up problems for the future...the fact is ...no one knows

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #574 on: May 03, 2020, 10:25:55 AM »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #575 on: May 03, 2020, 11:10:50 AM »
its called "spin"...and politically is was invented by Blair's labour govt

Of course it’s spin but should a government really be focusing on misleading the people at this time and if they’re ‘spinning’ this it makes you wonder what else they’re lying about ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #576 on: May 03, 2020, 11:19:32 AM »
Of course it’s spin but should a government really be focusing on misleading the people at this time and if they’re ‘spinning’ this it makes you wonder what else they’re lying about ?

Best to assume all politicians and all govts partake in spin... Just need to be able to sort the wheat from the chafe

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #577 on: May 03, 2020, 11:54:15 AM »
Best to assume all politicians and all govts partake in spin... Just need to be able to sort the wheat from the chafe

You have to question the need for it at this time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #578 on: May 03, 2020, 12:24:40 PM »
You have to question the need for it at this time.
Not really... The media are just as guilty... It's just part of life now
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 01:02:38 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #579 on: May 03, 2020, 12:30:39 PM »
And still none of Boris’s critics are prepared to state now what they think he should be doing wrt the lockdown, but are conveniently waiting for him to announce his plans before commencing their carping, then ramping up their blaming and complaining when deaths continue to occur.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #580 on: May 03, 2020, 01:05:38 PM »
Not really... The media are just as guilty... It's just part of life now

But surely the government should be held to a better standard than the media ? Are we really in a position with this government that we have to disregard everything they say because we don’t know if it’s true ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #581 on: May 03, 2020, 01:33:25 PM »
But surely the government should be held to a better standard than the media ? Are we really in a position with this government that we have to disregard everything they say because we don’t know if it’s true ?
You have a preoccupation with this govt.... It's every govt.... Including Blair Labour govt. He took the UK to war on a lie.
You seem to be obsessed

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #582 on: May 03, 2020, 01:50:56 PM »
You have a preoccupation with this govt.... It's every govt.... Including Blair Labour govt. He took the UK to war on a lie.
You seem to be obsessed
Of course a Labour Government under Corbyn would have been utterly devoid of spin and completely transparent.  LOL.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #583 on: May 03, 2020, 02:09:49 PM »
Faith must have been devastated when Corbyn and his Raving Loony Party were thrashed in the election.. But every cloud has a silver lining.. She can now spend her time criticising Boris which is a much easier job she would have had defending Jeremy had the uk electorate been as gullible as Corbyn thought they would be

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #584 on: May 03, 2020, 03:28:51 PM »
You seem to be obsessed

Of course I’m preoccupied with this government....who else should we blame for the woeful response to the pandemic?