Author Topic: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?  (Read 110508 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Is Boris’s Lax Leadership Putting Us All in Danger ?
« Reply #630 on: May 10, 2020, 05:03:38 PM »
You know you’re in trouble when even your slogan doesn’t garner support. From Sky.

Boris Johnson has revealed the first details of the government's revised coronavirus rules - as the leaders of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland united in opposition to the prime minister's new slogan.

The longstanding official guidance to "stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives" has been amended to "stay alert, control the virus, save lives".

The UK government's guidance is now:

Stay at home as much as possible
Work at home if you can
Limit contact with other people
Keep your distance if you go out (2m apart where possible)
Wash your hands regularly
If you or anyone in your household has symptoms, you all need to self-isolate
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #631 on: May 10, 2020, 05:12:34 PM »
https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/10/cabinet-raging-boris-johnson-records-major-speech-without-ministers-12681645/

Looks like Hancock is going to be thrown under a bus to save Johnson. My, my these Tories are ruthless.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #632 on: May 10, 2020, 06:37:09 PM »
https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/10/cabinet-raging-boris-johnson-records-major-speech-without-ministers-12681645/

Looks like Hancock is going to be thrown under a bus to save Johnson. My, my these Tories are ruthless.

they would have had to throw too many under a bus to save Corbyn and his labour party...lol

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #633 on: May 10, 2020, 06:41:41 PM »
they would have had to throw too many under a bus to save Corbyn and his labour party...lol

You do know Labour has a new leader.....don’t you ?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #634 on: May 10, 2020, 06:47:36 PM »
I fear we shall be hearing alot of my new least favourite expressinon “roadmap”  in the next half hour.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #635 on: May 10, 2020, 06:47:54 PM »
You do know Labour has a new leader.....don’t you ?

a quick rinse doesnt remove the stench....its still corbyns Marxist party....it will probably never recover because to win an election it would have to throw corbyn and his supporters under a bus and embrace Blairism

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #636 on: May 10, 2020, 06:49:08 PM »
a quick rinse doesnt remove the stench....its still corbyns Marxist party....it will probably never recover because to win an election it would have to throw corbyn and his supporters under a bus and embrace Blairism
I think Starmer has done quite a good job with the Shake n’ Vac so far.  Most of the Corbyn fans I know really hate him, so that can only be a good sign.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #637 on: May 10, 2020, 07:11:03 PM »

It’s true, we’re not as ruthless as the Tories.

My political view at the moment is pragmatic. While Corbyn was my leader of choice Starmer has my support . I quite enjoyed him pick apart Johnson during PMQs and am looking forward to more of the same.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #638 on: May 10, 2020, 07:24:22 PM »
It’s true, we’re not as ruthless as the Tories.

My political view at the moment is pragmatic. While Corbyn was my leader of choice Starmer has my support . I quite enjoyed him pick apart Johnson during PMQs and am looking forward to more of the same.
Thats about all you have got to look forward to... I doubt you will see another labour govt... Boris is  avery easy target at the moment..due to his total inexperience dealing with a situation that no leader has any expereince in dealing with

Offline barrier

« Reply #639 on: May 10, 2020, 07:29:27 PM »
Something or nothing from Boris,more important imo is what Rishi Sunak  will have to say about furlough,Boris wants people back to work,firms wont do that until the furlough end's,end of May anyone?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #640 on: May 10, 2020, 07:32:26 PM »
It needs to be recognised that Germany is not the benchmark,their rate of R is above 1 again.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #641 on: May 10, 2020, 07:47:43 PM »
Thats about all you have got to look forward to... I doubt you will see another labour govt... Boris is  avery easy target at the moment..due to his total inexperience dealing with a situation that no leader has any expereince in dealing with

Boris is a dead man walking. When even your former employer, the Telegraph, is welcoming editorials from your political nemesis then you know you’re in trouble.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #642 on: May 10, 2020, 07:52:27 PM »
Boris is a dead man walking. When even your former employer, the Telegraph, is welcoming editorials from your political nemesis then you know you’re in trouble.

In your very limited..biased opinion. you need to accept reality ..imo

Offline barrier

« Reply #643 on: May 10, 2020, 07:52:36 PM »

A one trick pony?Brexit was his baby,we'll see.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #644 on: May 10, 2020, 07:57:03 PM »
In your very limited..biased opinion. you need to accept reality ..imo

Let’s just wait and see.