Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364784 times)

Offline Fierljepper

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1290 on: January 13, 2014, 01:48:56 PM »
The fact that SY found these three new potential suspects based on increased phone traffic shortly after Maddie's disappearance, could be an interesting lead to pursue. It is promising since apparently these three people can be linked to 'burglaries' in that area, but also because of the relatively high phone traffic amongst them. If these people have been involved in Maddie's disappearance, the best news is that they are with three since it will be much easier to be played out against each other based on different levels of involvement in the crime.

Based on these data, I actually don't think their motive was a pre-planned 'ordered' kidnap of Maddie, since if that was the case they would have been smart enough to not talk over the phone intensively so shorty after successful completion of this well thought-out 'operation'. I would find it more likely if this was a burglary that went terribly wrong in that sense that one of them actually killed Maddie by accident (e.g. by silencing/suffocating her after being interrupted by e.g. M.O. doing his check). In that case it was safer to take the body and dispose of it quickly thereafter to erase any DNA links. Then obviously a lot of calls are needed to concoct a common alibi and to ensure the weaker team members will not break down and stay on the agreed message.

Anyway, let's wait and see where this goes.

Estuarine

« Reply #1291 on: January 13, 2014, 01:49:43 PM »
Out of all this lot its the child stealing gipsies hypothesis that creases me. Me owd granny use to say "now now our ******* don't go out the end of the ginnel or the didikais will take you and sell you". By the time I was about 7 I had worked it out and cleared off wherever I fancied. CM and elements of the press must believe we are all about 5 or 6. Not only that he, is up as a parliamentary candidate in 2015. Guy Fawkes wtf are you.

Lyall

« Reply #1292 on: January 13, 2014, 01:59:57 PM »
Out of all this lot its the child stealing gipsies hypothesis that creases me. Me owd granny use to say "now now our ******* don't go out the end of the ginnel or the didikais will take you and sell you". By the time I was about 7 I had worked it out and cleared off wherever I fancied. CM and elements of the press must believe we are all about 5 or 6. Not only that he, is up as a parliamentary candidate in 2015. Guy Fawkes wtf are you.

You must have been a braver kid than most. I think fairy tales and irrational adult scare stories are still stubbornly there in most people's subconscious even in these supposed enlightened days.

Some people and organisations take advantage of it.

Estuarine

« Reply #1293 on: January 13, 2014, 04:35:24 PM »
You must have been a braver kid than most. I think fairy tales and irrational adult scare stories are still stubbornly there in most people's subconscious even in these supposed enlightened days.

Some people and organisations take advantage of it.

Little doubt of that. It has led to the perception that there is a "wankyman" behind every tree bush and lamppost in Christendom. When I was kid we knew who had a "funny uncle" and who the "wankymen" were and stayed well clear. When I was a single parent (quick tune on the old fiddle) it was looking for trouble from the Stazi if any child under 12 was left without adult supervision. I well remember the cost and "inconvenience". But that is wandering off topic.................

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1294 on: January 13, 2014, 05:10:36 PM »

The Guardian

by Haroon Siddique

British police 'preparing to make arrests' in Madeleine McCann casePolice are ready to arrest and interview suspects over girl's disappearance in Portugal, says parents' spokesman

British police are reportedly preparing the ground to make the first arrests in their investigations into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

A spokesman for Madeleine's parents told the Daily Mirror that police were ready to arrest and interview "key suspects". Scotland Yard confirmed that it had sent an international letter of request to the Portuguese authorities but would not elaborate on its contents.

However, the Mirror said officers were preparing to fly to the Algarve on Sunday night to speak to three burglars who carried out raids in the Portuguese resort where Madeleine, then three years old, vanished on 3 May 2007.

The Metropolitan police launched its own investigation into her disappearance in July last year and in October, when new developments in the case were put to air on the BBC Crimewatch programme, officers said they were seeking to track down the people behind a series of burglaries around the Ocean Club complex, mainly in the early months of 2007. There was also an incident almost exactly a year before the abduction when children in a ground-floor apartment saw an intruder break in through a patio door and stare into a travel cot, stealing nothing.

Earlier this month, the Mail reported that analysis of mobile phone data suggested that a burglary gang was operating very near to where Madeleine vanished and made an unusually high number of calls to each other in the hours after she was reported missing.

The spokesman for Kate and Gerry McCann said: "The letter is a significant development. It is necessary for British police to request the Portuguese authorities allow them to operate on their turf.

"It means they have the intention of arresting and interviewing X, Y or Z. We don't know who they have their sights on but it's likely it is the burglars."

He said Madeleine's parents did not want to get their hopes up but "realised it could be a significant new lead". He also said it was not a formality that the Portuguese authorities would co-operate.

Portuguese police, who once falsely treated the parents as suspects, reopened their investigation in October last year, more than three years after it was shelved. Their investigation is running in parallel with the Scotland Yard inquiry but the Met police commissioner has called for the two forces to join together as one team

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/13/madeleine-mccann-british-police-arrests-portugal
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Estuarine

« Reply #1295 on: January 13, 2014, 05:14:55 PM »
The Guardian

by Haroon Siddique

British police 'preparing to make arrests' in Madeleine McCann casePolice are ready to arrest and interview suspects over girl's disappearance in Portugal, says parents' spokesman

British police are reportedly preparing the ground to make the first arrests in their investigations into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

A spokesman for Madeleine's parents told the Daily Mirror that police were ready to arrest and interview "key suspects". Scotland Yard confirmed that it had sent an international letter of request to the Portuguese authorities but would not elaborate on its contents.

However, the Mirror said officers were preparing to fly to the Algarve on Sunday night to speak to three burglars who carried out raids in the Portuguese resort where Madeleine, then three years old, vanished on 3 May 2007.

The Metropolitan police launched its own investigation into her disappearance in July last year and in October, when new developments in the case were put to air on the BBC Crimewatch programme, officers said they were seeking to track down the people behind a series of burglaries around the Ocean Club complex, mainly in the early months of 2007. There was also an incident almost exactly a year before the abduction when children in a ground-floor apartment saw an intruder break in through a patio door and stare into a travel cot, stealing nothing.

Earlier this month, the Mail reported that analysis of mobile phone data suggested that a burglary gang was operating very near to where Madeleine vanished and made an unusually high number of calls to each other in the hours after she was reported missing.

The spokesman for Kate and Gerry McCann said: "The letter is a significant development. It is necessary for British police to request the Portuguese authorities allow them to operate on their turf.

"It means they have the intention of arresting and interviewing X, Y or Z. We don't know who they have their sights on but it's likely it is the burglars."

He said Madeleine's parents did not want to get their hopes up but "realised it could be a significant new lead". He also said it was not a formality that the Portuguese authorities would co-operate.

Portuguese police, who once falsely treated the parents as suspects, reopened their investigation in October last year, more than three years after it was shelved. Their investigation is running in parallel with the Scotland Yard inquiry but the Met police commissioner has called for the two forces to join together as one team

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jan/13/madeleine-mccann-british-police-arrests-portugal

Looks like a slow news day at The Grauniad. Most of this is retread!!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1296 on: January 13, 2014, 05:20:40 PM »
Looks like a slow news day at The Grauniad. Most of this is retread!!

The story is on Sky News

http://news.sky.com/story/1194324/madeleine-mccann-police-hunt-three-burglars
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:29:29 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1297 on: January 13, 2014, 05:32:01 PM »
Aye, once one runs with it, they'll all  pedal the same stuff just to keep up.
10 people saying the same thing doesn't make it any more authentic.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:50:02 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Cariad

« Reply #1298 on: January 13, 2014, 06:04:45 PM »
The Guardian

by Haroon Siddique

I was just reading this on my facebook feed. The top comments are almost entirely negative towards the Mccanns.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #1299 on: January 13, 2014, 07:47:12 PM »
I was just reading this on my facebook feed. The top comments are almost entirely negative towards the Mccanns.

You can thank PeterMac and his mates for that.

Redblossom

« Reply #1300 on: January 13, 2014, 10:39:33 PM »
You can thank PeterMac and his mates for that.

yes, every single negatve post on the daily mail which is read by thousands all over the world and commented on and arrowed in in the hundreds sometimes ....must be...doh

Getting back to the three burlars.....I suspect this is just another area the PJ checked out at the time and its being made a circus now..indeed the ridiculous theory that burlars panicked when disturbed and took madeleine with them was considered way back in 2007 and thought very remote...in the files...btw

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:42:43 PM by Redblossom »

Cariad

« Reply #1301 on: January 13, 2014, 11:02:01 PM »
yes, every single negatve post on the daily mail which is read by thousands all over the world and commented on and arrowed in in the hundreds sometimes ....must be...doh

Getting back to the three burlars.....I suspect this is just another area the PJ checked out at the time and its being made a circus now..indeed the ridiculous theory that burlars panicked when disturbed and took madeleine with them was considered way back in 2007 and thought very remote...in the files...btw

It was the Guardian, which is why I thought it worth mentioning. I have no idea who PeterMac is....

I don't know if you saw Columbosstogey's post earlier, she was saying that the police wanted to ask the burglars if they'd seen anything, thinking that they hadn't come forward before for fear of arrest. It's the most sensible reason for wanting to trace them that I've seen. Apparently it was on This Morning.

Offline The Singularity

« Reply #1302 on: January 14, 2014, 11:21:23 AM »
It seems even after so many years the divide that this particular case causes has grown so much bigger despite both the Portuguese and the UK police forces saying that Madeleine’s parents are not being investigated. They have been cleared. I do still chuckle when I see opinions that speculate that this is a conspiracy by both police forces to keep the McCanns close because secretly, they are their prime suspects. Nothing could be, I strongly suspect, further from the truth.

I don’t share the doubts that some have about the latest news in the investigation and that these so called three intruders operating in the area at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance is just to fill column inches in the tabloids. Those who have followed the investigation from the inception of Grange will no doubt be able to suspect what Redwood’s team are investigating currently. Potentially the angles not covered by Snr Amaral’s disastrous investigation where he alone can only explain his failure and letting Madeleine down. He was certainly quick to capitalise on the case so maybe it was just the money he was interested in, purely speculation on my part though.

My suspicion is that the three awaiting questioning by the joint police forces are only able to provide information to the traffickers who were capable and organised enough to make Madeleine disappear completely within minutes of being taken from the apartment. The botched robbery and then subsequent abduction really doesn’t seem to fit and I’m fairly sure the tabloids elaborated on possible, yet highly unlikely scenarios as we know journalists will sometimes do to pad out what are believed to be facts or expert opinion.

Although the article seems presumptuous in its announcement of pending arrests, maybe if we consider for a moment that although key in providing information, these people are unlikely to be arrested for the abduction itself. I strongly suspect that their information will point both the Portuguese and UK police to those people who are responsible for her abduction and concealment.

Redwood has always had over sight of the investigation and it is his opinion which he has stated clearly many times that he believes Madeleine is still alive. His analysis of the information that the investigation is working on should hold gravitas, his opinion cannot be, I suggest, merely cast aside in favour of conspiracies involving dogs and whatever else conspiracy is flavour of the day.

Redblossom

« Reply #1303 on: January 14, 2014, 11:25:15 AM »
Welcome singularity

one question...trafficked for what?

Redblossom

« Reply #1304 on: January 14, 2014, 12:06:17 PM »
Not enough to advance the investigation as they were not acted upon, if there had been conclusive proof then they would have been arrested

Can you answer my question please, madeleine was "trafficked" (as per your first post) for what?? Thanks

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 12:18:19 PM by Redblossom »