Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364741 times)

Redblossom

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1440 on: January 29, 2014, 04:17:22 PM »
I found this on another forum.. but there were no links

TVI

(video transcript & translation by astro)

Maddie: PGR [Attorney General's Office] has already received letter from the British police

[VIDEO in link above]

by Marisa Rodrigues

The three men that the British police wants to question worked at the Ocean Club, in Praia da Luz, at the time when Madeleine McCann disappeared.

They made several phone calls on the night of the 3rd of May of 2007. A number of calls to other people that was considered to be high and abnormal. This is what makes them persons of interest.

TVI knows that the rogatory letter also requests for searches to be carried out and bank accounts to be analysed.

The document has already arrived at the Attorney General's Office and will be sent to the Court of Portimão. The diligences will once more be handed over to the Judiciary Police.

It's the second time that the detectives ask for help, through a rogatory letter, for the ongoing investigation in England. Everything suggests that it will be the same inspectors, from Faro and Portimão, to carry it out.

The calendar for the diligences now has to be defined by the police forces from both countries. The British detectives may come to Portugal, but only to accompany the work that has to be performed by the Judiciary Police, on the terrain.

if you click on TVI in red in the link below, the video is there

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic21785.html

http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/videos/video/14068211/1

And a related one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdXGwvhZwM4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:25:54 PM by Redblossom »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1441 on: January 29, 2014, 04:27:57 PM »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1442 on: January 29, 2014, 04:40:54 PM »
My mind is really now getting obsessed with this newest report that the potential burglars worked for OC..

I wonder if this is true or not!

As if they worked there then their statements would be in files..

Who are these people???

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1443 on: January 29, 2014, 04:45:46 PM »

The man killed by a tractor used to work for The Ocean Club, and he was a known burglar

Offline jassi

« Reply #1444 on: January 29, 2014, 04:46:22 PM »
My mind is really now getting obsessed with this newest report that the potential burglars worked for OC..

I wonder if this is true or not!

As if they worked there then their statements would be in files..

Who are these people???

They may, of course, simply be employees who were out searching that night.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1445 on: January 29, 2014, 04:52:06 PM »
The man killed by a tractor used to work for The Ocean Club, and he was a known burglar

But he cannot be questioned, he is dead.

Who are the others?

And if they were searchers that night then the mobile network would show their calls later than 10pm.

Is this maybe something 'out of  character' that would shock many people.. therefore so much secrecy?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1446 on: January 29, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »

Who are the others?

And if they were searchers that night then the mobile network would show their calls later than 10pm.

Is this maybe something 'out of  character' that would shock many people.. therefore so much secrecy?

Only if you accept the timeline according to the McCanns. I believe some staff put the alarm as earlier.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1447 on: January 29, 2014, 04:59:42 PM »

Who are the others?

The fact that he is dead now doesn't necessarily mean that he wasn't one of the three.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1448 on: January 29, 2014, 04:59:58 PM »

Only if you accept the timeline according to the McCanns. I believe some staff put the alarm as earlier.

So you would dismiss the increase in mobile traffic between these individuals and not question them only because you don't trust the McCanns timeline?

BTW it was not only McCanns.. you have to dismiss many people's timelines.. just because you believe different..

Well, if the world and science worked like this we would never have moved from the stone age..

Offline jassi

« Reply #1449 on: January 29, 2014, 05:08:09 PM »
So you would dismiss the increase in mobile traffic between these individuals and not question them only because you don't trust the McCanns timeline?

BTW it was not only McCanns.. you have to dismiss many people's timelines.. just because you believe different..

Well, if the world and science worked like this we would never have moved from the stone age..

No, I don't dismiss anything, merely consider that it may have much less significance than you seem to.
Police wish to speak to 3 people of interest who worked at OC at the time (as did a good number of people). They have made no suggestion that these people are criminals - that's down to various newspapers.

Or maybe not -

icabodcrane

« Reply #1450 on: January 29, 2014, 05:25:14 PM »
The amount of publicity  accompanying this visit is really quite remarkable

I wonder what purpose it is meant to serve   >@@(*&)

Offline jassi

« Reply #1451 on: January 29, 2014, 05:27:08 PM »
The amount of publicity  accompanying this visit is really quite remarkable

I wonder what purpose it is meant to serve   >@@(*&)

May just be a way of SY demonstrating that they are actually doing something . Why else publicise their visit ?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:00:53 PM by jassi »

Or maybe not -

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1452 on: January 29, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »
May just be a way of SY demonstrating that they are actually doing something . Why else publicise their visit ?
Perhaps.
I wonder how those alleged burglars are related to Smithman in DCI Redwood's thoughts.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1453 on: January 29, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »
I think media is trying to figure out what is going on but there is secrecy in place..

SY keeps saying this is a part of the regular meeting and regular visits to Portugal.. the process is not going to be fast and the PJ and SY teams are collaborating their findings.

ITV has report that any possible arrests are not imminent.

No imminent plans to make any arrests in Madeleine McCann case

Emma Murphy: Europe Correspondent  last updated Wed 29 Jan 2014

As much as people may wish it to lead somewhere, the meeting between British and Portuguese detectives is a routine part of the investigation to establish what happened to Madeleine McCann.

In recent months, with both countries working on their own inquiries they have started to liaise much more over the detail of their work.

This is partly because new teams - without any of the historic antagonism - are now in place, but also due to Portuguese law.

The British can't just get on a flight and start interviewing or arresting suspects. Any police work has to be done by the Portuguese and for that to happen an International Letter of Request must be sent from the UK.

Police from the UK are visiting Portugal to discuss the Madeleine case.
Many such letters have been sent and will be sent as part of Operation Grange, the Metropolitan Police's investigation.The last arrived a few days ago.

This meeting is a chance for officers from both countries to go through the detail.

Speaking to sources in Portugal and also the UK, it seems clear there is no plan to start making arrests imminently, if at all. This will be a long and slow process.

After so many years no one in the McCann family is getting overly optimistic. There have been too many moments which apparently offered far more than this routine meeting.

Their policy remains they will continue their quest to find their daughter and welcome the work of those joining in that search.
http://www.itv.com/news/2014-01-29/no-imminent-plans-to-make-any-arrests-in-madeleine-mccann-case/

This is kind of matching the TVIs Portugal story.. it is the PJ who has to question or to arrest suspects.. but this first has to go through their legal system..

The PJ team working on the case would not show their faces in the media because they work on the ground.. and they should not be known to the media..

Redwood can show his face in media because he is not the one who is going to go questioning potential suspects..
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:26:53 PM by VIXTE »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1454 on: January 29, 2014, 08:14:32 PM »
McCann police visit Portugal, but make no arrests
(AFP) – 1 hour ago 
Lisbon — British detectives investigating the disappearance of toddler Madeleine McCann have made another visit to the Algarve but no arrests were made, Portuguese police said Wednesday.
Scotland Yard detectives were in the Algarve capital Faro on Tuesday for talks with the Portuguese authorities.
British newspapers reported that the British detectives were set to arrest three suspects.
But Pedro do Carmo, the deputy head of Portugal's criminal police department, told AFP: "There were no arrests."
Madeleine vanished from a holiday apartment in the beach resort of Praia da Luz, days before her fourth birthday in 2007. Her parents were dining with friends at a restaurant close by.
"A working meeting took place on Tuesday in Faro, in the regular fashion, as has happened before in the framework of the investigation," Carmo said.
He would not comment on the content of the meeting but said the detectives had now left Portugal.
The Daily Mirror newspaper in Britain said four Scotland Yard policemen had gone to Faro and were "set to swoop on three suspects" who were believed to be part of a burglary gang.
"The discussions are believed to have centred on getting local officials to sanction the arrests and subsequent questioning," the report said.
Portuguese authorities closed their investigation into McCann's disappearance in 2008, but Scotland Yard spent two years reviewing the evidence at the British government's request and opened their own probe in July last year.
British detectives have visited Portugal several times since they began reviewing the evidence.
The review interviewed more than 440 people and identified 41 "persons of interest", 15 of which were British nationals.
Gerry and Kate McCann have never dropped their campaign to find Madeleine. They believe she was kidnapped and is still alive.
A television appeal in October -- screened in Britain, Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands -- triggered more than 1,000 fresh calls and emails.
Portuguese authorities announced on October 24 they were re-opening the probe "due to new elements".

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gWRti8QUL-8RD3SMx2r-RMgQKXjA?docId=0e96d268-b511-401b-a735-8b3a3273ee49