Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364784 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1470 on: January 29, 2014, 10:27:00 PM »
The church stands alone in the middle of an large square over the beach...

Why did he want to go to the church at 4am? Did he think it was open? Well it could have been open at that time days later after getting the keys lol.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1471 on: January 29, 2014, 10:28:12 PM »

And I wonder if the PJ is not acting, then why not? Are these 'suspects' someone that it would not be good to see as 'suspects' in the eyes of the whole world?
Sure !
 @)(++(*

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1472 on: January 29, 2014, 10:28:29 PM »
Why did he want to go to the church at 4am? Did he think it was open? Well it could have been open at that time days later after getting the keys lol.

Kate was asking for a priest.. it was widely reported.

Redblossom

« Reply #1473 on: January 29, 2014, 10:28:45 PM »
@Lyall

Peter Bleksley, ex SY

http://news.sky.com/story/1202667/madeleine-uk-police-fly-home-from-portugal

Hoping for "satisfactory conclusion". Redwood had said some resolution but that didnt mean "solving" it

Just think they are sayng they are determined to do everythning they can.

Lyall

« Reply #1474 on: January 29, 2014, 10:30:03 PM »
Well the whole world is seeing them there.. they are pushing the ball on PJ to act..

And I wonder if the PJ is not acting, then why not? Are these 'suspects' someone that it would not be good to see as 'suspects' in the eyes of the whole world?

They can only act legally. I think whichever article said the Met need the Portuguese to find more evidence against these guys (if any exists) was probably correct: at the moment they don't have enough.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1475 on: January 29, 2014, 10:30:16 PM »
Sure !
 @)(++(*

Then why not? Why not question these people and finish the episode with 'sorry not guilty' or ' yes they were involved'.. why extend this burglars charade further?

Redblossom

« Reply #1476 on: January 29, 2014, 10:30:21 PM »
The church stands alone in the middle of an large square over the beach...

So sticks out like a sore thumb! Thanks.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1477 on: January 29, 2014, 10:30:56 PM »
Are churches open in the UK all night ? I wondered. In Portugal they're not, except for, eventually, little chapels where dead people are exposed.
Do priests insure a 24/24 availability in the UK ?

Lyall

« Reply #1478 on: January 29, 2014, 10:31:44 PM »
@Lyall

Peter Bleksley, ex SY

http://news.sky.com/story/1202667/madeleine-uk-police-fly-home-from-portugal

Hoping for "satisfactory conclusion". Redwood had said some resolution but that didnt mean "solving" it

Just think they are sayng they are determined to do everythning they can.

Cheers, Red 8((()*/

Redblossom

« Reply #1479 on: January 29, 2014, 10:31:48 PM »
Well the whole world is seeing them there.. they are pushing the ball on PJ to act..

Like who?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1480 on: January 29, 2014, 10:32:07 PM »
Kate was asking for a priest.. it was widely reported.

Or it's another alibi for Gerry.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1481 on: January 29, 2014, 10:36:46 PM »
If phoning makes someone a suspect, there are many here in Portugal. You hardly walk a hundred meters without spotting someone speaking on their cellphone  autistically (you can die in front of them or exhibit a green face, they will not notice).

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1482 on: January 29, 2014, 10:39:06 PM »
Like who?

I don't know.. just asking,,maybe someone who is thought to be a decent citizen?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1483 on: January 29, 2014, 10:41:27 PM »
If phoning makes someone a suspect, there are many here in Portugal. You hardly walk a hundred meters without spotting someone speaking on their cellphone  autistically (you can die in front of them or exhibit a green face, they will not notice).

You don't seem to understand how phone analysis works...SY will have been looking for paterns and if its true whats been reported a pattern has stood out from normal usage

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1484 on: January 29, 2014, 10:42:24 PM »
Or it's another alibi for Gerry.
It has already be talked and suggested that in the UK there's always a priest to listen to you at any time over the phone (?). I know of Samaritans, but not of priests. Can anyone confirm and send a link ? I'm actually ready to question the Portuguese Church about that.
In France you can call "SOS amitié", 24/24. They're not religious, but you are listened to.