Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364721 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1515 on: January 30, 2014, 12:19:37 AM »
Do you think the press splashing BURGLARS all over their articles for four weeks now makes these men - if they exist - more likely to volunteer for questioning, or less likely?
Lyall

I agree with you on this one  8((()*/

Lyall

« Reply #1516 on: January 30, 2014, 12:31:05 AM »
Lyall

I agree with you on this one  8((()*/

8(>((

It's another oddity, but the original Mail article of January 3rd was so big a splash the source must have been the Met themselves >@@(*&) Surely?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1517 on: January 30, 2014, 12:37:00 AM »
8(>((

It's another oddity, but the original Mail article of January 3rd was so big a splash the source must have been the Met themselves >@@(*&) Surely?

So you think it might be tactics?

Well, if they name them by leaking into the papers than PJ would be seen as bad force for not arresting them.. once the news goes out like it was case with the McCanns it is very hard to correct it in the eyes of the whole world readers..

Using this logics, for PJ would be better to arrest few burglars and have them in court - and see whether they are guilty than to have them named by the media and do nothing..

Lyall

« Reply #1518 on: January 30, 2014, 12:48:17 AM »
So you think it might be tactics?

Well, if they name them by leaking into the papers than PJ would be seen as bad force for not arresting them.. once the news goes out like it was case with the McCanns it is very hard to correct it in the eyes of the whole world readers..

Using this logics, for PJ would be better to arrest few burglars and have them in court - and see whether they are guilty than to have them named by the media and do nothing..

Have them in court? >@@(*&) They need evidence and it doesn't look like they have enough (if any). You can't go around arresting people in Europe as easily as in the UK.

The Met are probably being tactical I agree. Perhaps hoping some birds might sing or something like that. ID's is what they want (it's what English police always want. They love them).

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1519 on: January 30, 2014, 12:52:55 AM »
New article.. was out and then taken off and then put back online..

Now it reads as if it was written by a drunk cowboy  @)(++(*

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/456906/Police-fly-in-to-Portugal-arrest-three-suspects-in-Madeleine-McCann-hunt

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1520 on: January 30, 2014, 12:57:08 AM »
Have them in court? >@@(*&) They need evidence and it doesn't look like they have enough (if any). You can't go around arresting people in Europe as easily as in the UK.

The Met are probably being tactical I agree. Perhaps hoping some birds might sing or something like that. ID's is what they want (it's what English police always want. They love them).

If these were re-offenders it would be easy to question them.. and even to charge them..

Just thinking.. if SY thinks Madeleine being still alive then they would be more careful and PJ too..

From article above:

A source close to the investigation said: “The inquiry has reached a sensitive stage. They are not going to give a running commentary on developments.”
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:00:55 AM by VIXTE »

Lyall

« Reply #1521 on: January 30, 2014, 01:07:51 AM »

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/456906/Police-fly-in-to-Portugal-arrest-three-suspects-in-Madeleine-McCann-hunt

"Closing in" >@@(*&) Still. Those journalists must be sick of having nothing to say (but I guess it's better than having to doing some investigating!)

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1522 on: January 30, 2014, 01:08:52 AM »

I wonder what they have in those luggages. The translated PJ Files, the LC Files, the Metodo3 files, the Halligen Files, the Edgar Files ?
Or have they just the Met Files and toothbrushes ?

Lyall

« Reply #1523 on: January 30, 2014, 01:10:09 AM »
I wonder what they have in those luggages. The translated PJ Files, the LC Files, the Metodo3 files, the Halligen Files, the Edgar Files ?
Or have they just the Met Files and toothbrushes ?

Golf clubs? 8)--))

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1524 on: January 30, 2014, 01:17:38 AM »
Golf clubs? 8)--))
Four remains a mystery, unless they were needed to carry all the stuff.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #1525 on: January 30, 2014, 01:22:39 AM »
I wonder whether readers learning about the "painstaking trawl through mobile phone records" realize that those records are only a (vague) location, a time and a duration and that nothing proves that the cell phone user was the cell phone owner (burglars burgle eventually cellphones).

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #1526 on: January 30, 2014, 02:45:57 AM »
Could the increased activity of the phones of these employees be explained very simply by the fact that there was a major crisis going on in the town, at which they were the centre. They were probably involved in the search and were making several calls about it. Too simple?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1527 on: January 30, 2014, 06:45:56 AM »
Could the increased activity of the phones of these employees be explained very simply by the fact that there was a major crisis going on in the town, at which they were the centre. They were probably involved in the search and were making several calls about it. Too simple?

I thought they were clever enough to know this was before the search started..

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1528 on: January 30, 2014, 06:58:05 AM »
I wonder whether readers learning about the "painstaking trawl through mobile phone records" realize that those records are only a (vague) location, a time and a duration and that nothing proves that the cell phone user was the cell phone owner (burglars burgle eventually cellphones).

They don't have to be in a vague location. It depends on number of towers and how far the towers are from the apartment.
How far the phone is from the tower can be calculated, in modern methods maybe even better..
SY probably has a pretty good software as mobile pinging would be an extremely useful tool in an investigation.

I can imagine there are much more sophisticated software provided to the police.

For example it is known that Eduard Snowden put his phone in a fridge.. even if it was switched off ..as apparently according to him,. only if inside a fridge or microwave a phone cannot be located.

Also I know of a case in London, where a girl was held in an apartment against her will and the police pinpointed her whereabouts just by her mobile phone which was switched on in her bag.  They knew which apartment in a building full of apartments she was in.

So, by knowing this, I believe the police is able to trace the phone user to exact whereabouts.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:00:29 AM by VIXTE »

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #1529 on: January 30, 2014, 07:10:50 AM »
LOL. Well, I don't buy the whole story as it has been presented in the media. Frankly, in GM's own words, it's getting very boring!

EXACTLY. The only people reporting are the MEDIA.

I dont remember Scotland Yard saying or announcing they were off to Portugal to arrest 3 people?

They were only there a day for THREE HOURS meeting, hardly could have talked about much.....THREE HOURS.

Jeez I would have expected them to have been ensconced for days lol...IF they wanted to arrest three people.

I just think its a load of Who Shot John again.

Keep it in the media, it sells newspapers.

I was really sort of hoping something would happen just to get closure.....but nada....

Shame on me, for reading too much into it lol.