Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364718 times)

Redblossom

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1710 on: January 31, 2014, 02:42:12 PM »
I didn't say other employees should have CRB checks done, but if they don't even bother to do them for childcare employees then the chances are they won't be too fussy what type of person they employ in other areas of the complex.

My question was where did you read MW dont do crb checks on their childcare workers as you assrted this morning  and which you havent answered >>>>>>

MW don't seem to be fussy on what type of person they employ as childcare workers, no CRB checks, no contact with referees on CV's etc. so I doubt that any checks will have been made on maintenance workers prior to their employment. Who knows what type of person has been given access to keys ?

drummer

« Reply #1711 on: January 31, 2014, 02:44:13 PM »
Mark Warner operates at the top of the holiday market, charging up to £8,000 for two weeks abroad for a family of four.

It makes a point of offering "award-winning" childcare.

That award-winning care didn't extend to checking my CV, contacting my references, doing a criminal records check or even asking to see some basic ID. Again, I could have been anyone.

I worked at Mark Warner's swanky Hilton resort in Dahab, Egypt, where the luxurious hotel rooms are built to resemble a traditional whitewashed Arab village.

Despite being promised two days' training at the interview, I was thrown straight in with a group of toddlers.

Once, there were two of us looking after 13 children - when Mark Warner's own regulations state there should be no more than six per adult.

When I asked about my training, the manager just said: "You don't get official training as such. It's very relaxed, very laid-back here."

This is unlikely to be the approach parents think they are paying for.

Next, I was asked to supervise the children on the beach. Again, no one had checked if I had any swimming or rescue qualifications.

Even more worrying, I had to take children out on a boat without enough safety gear for all of them. When I raised the issue with my manager, he told me to go ahead with the boat trip anyway.

Also, for such a prestigious company with an upmarket reputation, Mark Warner has a very cavalier attitude to the employment laws of the countries where it operates, and is not controlled by Ofsted.

Like many of its staff in Dahab, I was there on a tourist visa.

Mark Warner should have paid for work permits but instead had us break Egyptian law on their behalf.

We were told we should just lie and say we were there on holiday, but Egypt is not the kind of country-where you want to end up in prison.

Three weeks after I returned from Egypt, the disappearance of Madeleine McCann from a Mark Warner resort in Praia da Luz in Portugal made headlines around the world.

No one blamed the company or its staff for the little girl's disappearance, but given the case, I assumed the company would toughen up its vetting of nannies.

To test this out, a BBC colleague applied for a Mark Warner childcare job and was sent to an upmarket French ski resort.

Her false CV went unchecked and, months after the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, the company still didn't do a CRB check before she started work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-526248/The-shocking-truth-daycare-nurseries-creches.html
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:47:13 PM by drummer »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1712 on: January 31, 2014, 02:53:05 PM »
IMO it is appaling that some MW/OC employees will now have their bank records grabbed.
And their reputations slandered by insinuation in the press.
Just because they used their phones that night while searching.

Ironic that the UK authorities refused in 2007 to provide the PJ with bank records of a certain (at the time) arguido.
Why dont SY grab those records instead of harassing honest employees?

Redblossom

« Reply #1713 on: January 31, 2014, 02:55:25 PM »
Yes drummer I believe it

http://themaddiecasefiles.com/post44607.html#p44607

NOT

Just another paid lackey...no evidence just mumbo jumbo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1714 on: January 31, 2014, 02:58:38 PM »
IMO it is appaling that some MW/OC employees will now have their bank records grabbed.
And their reputations slandered by insinuation in the press.
Just because they used their phones that night while searching.

Ironic that the UK authorities refused in 2007 to provide the PJ with bank records of a certain (at the time) arguido.
Why dont SY grab those records instead of harassing honest employees?

what a load of the usual twaddle ...several years ago every man in an English town was asked to voluntarily give a dna sample to help solve a brutal murder...no one complained...except the murderer who was caught...stop moaning

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1715 on: January 31, 2014, 03:30:43 PM »
what a load of the usual twaddle ...several years ago every man in an English town was asked to voluntarily give a dna sample to help solve a brutal murder...no one complained...except the murderer who was caught...stop moaning
But I agree with you completely - and it should not be limited to employees. It seems extraordinarily selective for the UK authorities to grab bank records of (for example ) a nanny or a maintenance man, but to refuse to supply to PJ the bank records of a (just an example for illustrative purposes) foreign tourist who was in that apartment daily.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1716 on: January 31, 2014, 03:31:05 PM »
Cant see any of the twenty something female nannies beng involved myself!

Well, my logic is: If you can get a young low paid worker smuggle drugs from some countries, why cannot you get them smuggle a person or a child? Some people would extend boundaries for bucks of money.

I am not saying the nannies are involved in this case but I am saying it is possible.. nannies have boyfriends.. and it is not only nannies that are employed to work with children..

Redblossom

« Reply #1717 on: January 31, 2014, 03:36:27 PM »
Well, my logic is: If you can get a young low paid worker smuggle drugs from some countries, why cannot you get them smuggle a person or a child? Some people would extend boundaries for bucks of money.

I am not saying the nannies are involved in this case but I am saying it is possible.. nannies have boyfriends.. and it is not only nannies that are employed to work with children..

Well your logic is apalling...insinuating that young people who are paid low wages are automatically drug smugglers, get a grip!!! I hope you dont have  teenagers out looking for a job they might be drug tested first!!!

@)(++(*
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:42:45 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1718 on: January 31, 2014, 03:41:43 PM »

Didn't two British, teenage Bar Workers working in Spain just get arrested for drug smuggling?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1719 on: January 31, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »
Didn't two British, teenage Bar Workers working in Spain just get arrested for drug smuggling?

Yes, not child trafficking.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1720 on: January 31, 2014, 03:47:37 PM »

Read Red's post, to which I was replying.

Redblossom

« Reply #1721 on: January 31, 2014, 03:47:57 PM »

Get with the programme WS

If you have ever nicked a tip of work or not been crb checked when applying for any job or made or received too many phone calls around PDL on that night or ever smoked drugs! Or just been an employee with access to keys, you ARE a suspect!

What a dreadful scenario! thats almost all of PDL residents suspects now, can this become a bigger joke than it already has been for six years?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:51:31 PM by Redblossom »

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1722 on: January 31, 2014, 03:50:30 PM »

A small % of young low-paid persons commit crimes.
A small % of doctors commit crimes.
And since you brought up drug-smuggling:
Was the person who smuggled drugs into Lackawanna jail a young low-paid nanny?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:55:58 PM by pegasus »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1723 on: January 31, 2014, 04:15:10 PM »
Well your logic is apalling...insinuating that young people who are paid low wages are automatically drug smugglers, get a grip!!! I hope you dont have  teenagers out looking for a job they might be drug tested first!!!

@)(++(*

I am just saying it is possible, and I do not tend to assault anyone..

Also I don't want to spend my day on discussing the useless internet searches for statistical data to prove my points.

Not here to impress anyone with my unusual brains  8)--))

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #1724 on: January 31, 2014, 04:41:50 PM »
Surely if Mark Warner had performed due diligence in its employment screening process, the need for many of the dilegences we are talking about today would have been obviated.