Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364673 times)

Estuarine

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1755 on: February 01, 2014, 11:35:35 AM »
The existence of Helena Monteiro's team is hardly "news". They have been around on this case for quite a while.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1756 on: February 01, 2014, 12:42:06 PM »
Well.. all of the recent news is just the copy of that big Portugal News article

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/new-turn-in-madeleine-case/30497

Offline jassi

« Reply #1757 on: February 01, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »
I notice the article mentions SY police officers 'fluent in Portuguese' Can't imagine that there can be many of those around.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1758 on: February 01, 2014, 12:57:31 PM »
I notice the article mentions SY police officers 'fluent in Portuguese' Can't imagine that there can be many of those around.

Perhaps explains why there were 4 officers....copied from the article

It is believed the PJ team in Oporto uncovered shortcomings in the initial investigation conducted by their counterparts in the Algarve and were now actively pursuing the theory that Madeleine McCann was abducted from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

there are posters in deep denial on this forum

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1759 on: February 01, 2014, 12:58:30 PM »

I know several people around me, even in my own family, who are fluent in Portuguese, they are not working for the police but IMO it is nothing unusual. It is a job as any other.

Offline Montclair

« Reply #1760 on: February 01, 2014, 01:01:30 PM »
Perhaps explains why there were 4 officers....copied from the article

It is believed the PJ team in Oporto uncovered shortcomings in the initial investigation conducted by their counterparts in the Algarve and were now actively pursuing the theory that Madeleine McCann was abducted from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz.

there are posters in deep denial on this forum

Most people here in Portugal or at least in Porto know what the other PJ investigators think of Helena Monteiro's strange theories about the case. Her theory of the dead "Tractorman" certainly was ridiculous. It is thought that even the Minister of Justice here in Portugal made fun of that possiblity.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1761 on: February 01, 2014, 01:19:34 PM »
Most people here in Portugal or at least in Porto know what the other PJ investigators think of Helena Monteiro's strange theories about the case. Her theory of the dead "Tractorman" certainly was ridiculous. It is thought that even the Minister of Justice here in Portugal made fun of that possiblity.

And they don't make fun of the other team which is working with the SY?

Or they do?

And the intelligent ones I guess also make fun of the Calpol theory? Because the Calpol theory for example  is hilarious to Brits  8)--))

Not to mention the Fridge theory  @)(++(*
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:21:52 PM by VIXTE »

Offline Montclair

« Reply #1762 on: February 01, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »
And they don't make fun of the other team which is working with the SY?

Or they do?

And the intelligent ones I guess also make fun of the Calpol theory? Because the Calpol theory for example  is hilarious to Brits  8)--))

Not to mention the Fridge theory  @)(++(*

What's so ridiculous about the fridge theory?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1763 on: February 01, 2014, 02:00:03 PM »
What's so ridiculous about the fridge theory?

Which Fridge Theory?  Although the similarity between the two is not only ridiculous but rather alarming.  Especially the non existence of Forensics.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1764 on: February 01, 2014, 02:32:24 PM »
Which Fridge Theory?  Although the similarity between the two is not only ridiculous but rather alarming.  Especially the non existence of Forensics.

Maybe it is psychological.  @)(++(* fridge-o- phobia  @)(++(* combined with strange hate for mothers - god knows what the psychologists would make of that ?

Shall we ask Pat Brown  @)(++(*

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1765 on: February 01, 2014, 03:06:31 PM »
Maybe it is psychological.  @)(++(* fridge-o- phobia  @)(++(* combined with strange hate for mothers - god knows what the psychologists would make of that ?

Shall we ask Pat Brown  @)(++(*

That could be a difficult one.  He hates women but he loves fridges.  Perhaps it's something to do with Frigid Women.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1766 on: February 01, 2014, 03:11:39 PM »

well the Portuguese have made her head of the investigation...perhaps thats why Portuguese police are such a laughing stock

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1767 on: February 01, 2014, 03:33:45 PM »
well the Portuguese have made her head of the investigation...perhaps thats why Portuguese police are such a laughing stock

What is her rank, by the way?

"It is thought that even the Minister of Justice here in Portugal made fun of that possibility."  ORLY.
It is thought?  By whom exactly?

icabodcrane

« Reply #1768 on: February 01, 2014, 04:00:33 PM »
What is her rank, by the way?

"It is thought that even the Minister of Justice here in Portugal made fun of that possibility."  ORLY.
It is thought?  By whom exactly?

edited

I misread the post,  sorry
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 04:02:42 PM by icabodcrane »

Offline j.rob

« Reply #1769 on: February 01, 2014, 04:21:39 PM »

I think you will find it is us Brits who bought into the McCann's lunacy that are the laughing stock of the rest of the world. Politicians, media, Mitchell, Murdoch - all with egg on their faces. Still, I suppose they made money out of it - which is even worse given that it is at the expense of a vulnerable child who has in all probability met a horrible end.