Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364675 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1770 on: February 01, 2014, 04:30:30 PM »
I think you will find it is us Brits who bought into the McCann's lunacy that are the laughing stock of the rest of the world. Politicians, media, Mitchell, Murdoch - all with egg on their faces. Still, I suppose they made money out of it - which is even worse given that it is at the expense of a vulnerable child who has in all probability met a horrible end.

I wouldn't agree at all...the pj have been criticised for the investigation for tae past six years and are now reluctantly having to accept help from a proper police force...I don't see any criticism of the british ...do you have evedence or are you just making things up again

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1771 on: February 01, 2014, 05:03:29 PM »
I think you will find it is us Brits who bought into the McCann's lunacy that are the laughing stock of the rest of the world. Politicians, media, Mitchell, Murdoch - all with egg on their faces. Still, I suppose they made money out of it - which is even worse given that it is at the expense of a vulnerable child who has in all probability met a horrible end.

You might be a laughing stock, but I am not.

The whole world is now seeing what an appalling cock up Amaral made of the case.

Creche Records not checked.
Cell phone calls ignored.
Spare Keys never even looked at.

Amaral himself said that there was only one key.  God knows how he thought the cleaners and maintenance  workers got in.  The man is an incompetent fool.  Or worse.

Lyall

« Reply #1772 on: February 01, 2014, 05:51:37 PM »
I wouldn't agree at all...the pj have been criticised for the investigation for tae past six years and are now reluctantly having to accept help from a proper police force...I don't see any criticism of the british ...do you have evedence or are you just making things up again

You are forgetting British police were already in Portugal in 2007.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1773 on: February 01, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »
Most people here in Portugal or at least in Porto know what the other PJ investigators think of Helena Monteiro's strange theories about the case. Her theory of the dead "Tractorman" certainly was ridiculous. It is thought that even the Minister of Justice here in Portugal made fun of that possiblity.

What makes you think that contacting relatives of a person who may have been a loose end is a strange theory, as opposed to systematic police work? And why would the Minister of Justice find that odd, if ever that was the case?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1774 on: February 01, 2014, 06:25:45 PM »
What makes you think that contacting relatives of a person who may have been a loose end is a strange theory, as opposed to systematic police work? And why would the Minister of Justice find that odd, if ever that was the case?

Obviously Montclair doesn't trust The PJ.  Now that is strange.  All going the wrong way, is it?

stephen25000

« Reply #1775 on: February 01, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »

The whole world is now seeing what an appalling cock up Amaral made of the case.

Amaral himself said that there was only one key.  God knows how he thought the cleaners and maintenance  workers got in.  The man is an incompetent fool.  Or worse.

What more of the world is seeing is precisely what the mccanns failed to do.

The charade of the Crimewatch program, and that is being polite.

The mccanns failure to look after their children.

No mention on Crimewatch the apartment was unlocked.

No mention of drinking for several nights in a row, only 'dining'.

Don't delude yourself, more people are getting to know how the mccanns failed their children.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #1776 on: February 01, 2014, 08:05:26 PM »
Most people here in Portugal or at least in Porto know what the other PJ investigators think of Helena Monteiro's strange theories about the case. Her theory of the dead "Tractorman" certainly was ridiculous. It is thought that even the Minister of Justice here in Portugal made fun of that possiblity.

Wasn't the Tractorman theory the reason that the case was officially re-opened, Montclair?

This is what we read here - though I find it extremely hard to believe.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1777 on: February 02, 2014, 12:18:56 AM »
"Cell phones ignored"?
You are criticising the UK phone experts who did extensive cell analysis in May 2007 onwards?
Do you think the Met's top phone forensics man is rubbish?
It was UK phone analysts who did the phone analysis May 2007 onwards.
The UK authorities insisted on doing the phone forensics.
They sent the Met's top civilian phone forensics expert to PDL in May 2007 as reported by the Guardian.
Are you claiming he ignored cellphones?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:27:39 AM by pegasus »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1778 on: February 02, 2014, 09:14:15 AM »
"Cell phones ignored"?
You are criticising the UK phone experts who did extensive cell analysis in May 2007 onwards?
They sent the Met's top civilian phone forensics expert to PDL in May 2007 as reported by the Guardian.

No.  I am saying that The PJ ignored the information they were given because they were too busy chasing the phone records of The McCanns and friends.  The PJ certainly looked into those as they are in The Files.

Anyone seen any phone records for other people?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1779 on: February 02, 2014, 10:35:36 AM »
"Cell phones ignored"?

Although they may have provided expertise in how to do so, I'm not aware the UK analysed phone activity.

Which pages from the files should we be looking at?

Offline Carana

« Reply #1780 on: February 02, 2014, 11:44:23 AM »
I don't understand this post Sherlock

I havn't read Heriberto Janosch's   'attachments'  (  ?  )  containing theses on statistics,  but Red's question seems quite straighforward to me 

How many burglars have murdered  children ?

There is an exact   answer to that  straight forward question   ( regardless of   'theses'  on statistics  )

What do you guess it might be  ?    ...  ball park figure

(  I'm going for none  )

Heri's links (which a poster on Myths had found) were not theses on statistics.

Here's the post again.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=2784.msg124879#msg124879

My own view is that there is nothing, so far, to indicate the she (or Joana) have been murdered, although they may have been.

On the other hand, these limited studies do tend to indicate that many perpetrators of more serious crimes had already committed less serious ones. The obvious caveat is that a one-time petty burglar / pickpocket / thief / drug user is not necessarily responsible for, nor connected to, a serious crime in the vicinity. However, I can see the reasons for wanting to thoroughly investigating such people to eliminate them and move on. This doesn't seem to have been done in the first instance.

ETA: Apologies to Icabod, my mistake. The first one was indeed a thesis.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:01:53 AM by Carana »

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #1781 on: February 02, 2014, 12:48:19 PM »

What more of the world is seeing is precisely what the mccanns failed to do.

The charade of the Crimewatch program, and that is being polite.

The mccanns failure to look after their children.

No mention on Crimewatch the apartment was unlocked.

No mention of drinking for several nights in a row, only 'dining'.

Don't delude yourself, more people are getting to know how the mccanns failed their children.

I must admit all the people I know who said they believe the McCanns were pearly white, have all changed their minds over the years and now dont believe a word they say, and are quite frankly fed up of reading about it, which is such shame for the child.

I think it just went all silly, with dead tractor man, and so many bogus sightings, and the attack on the gypsies....and other things.

Shame.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1782 on: February 02, 2014, 01:10:55 PM »
I must admit all the people I know who said they believe the McCanns were pearly white, have all changed their minds over the years and now dont believe a word they say, and are quite frankly fed up of reading about it, which is such shame for the child.

I think it just went all silly, with dead tractor man, and so many bogus sightings, and the attack on the gypsies....and other things.

Shame.

Strange...any people I talk to have every sympathy for the mccanns

Redblossom

« Reply #1783 on: February 02, 2014, 01:19:54 PM »

Shame.

It went silly "years ago"

Tractorman was just a continuation...years later

We are now in a place where for a whole  month three  burglars have been touted and whch SY were on the verge of arresting whch turn out to be ocean club employees according to the mccanns lawyer in Portugal and of whch arrests he says "improbable"

just imagine these three employees are totally innocent, thats the thanks they get for helping out that night!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:23:19 PM by Redblossom »

Offline jassi

« Reply #1784 on: February 02, 2014, 01:31:44 PM »
It went silly "years ago"

Tractorman was just a continuation...years later

We are now in a place where for a whole  month three  burglars have been touted and whch SY were on the verge of arresting whch turn out to be ocean club employees according to the mccanns lawyer in Portugal and of whch arrests he says "improbable"

just imagine these three employees are totally innocent, thats the thanks they get for helping out that night!

Mon dieu - if this were to be the case, where will SY turn to next?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future