Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364752 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1860 on: February 04, 2014, 09:14:26 AM »
Well in actual fact VIXTE we don't know if he has re-offended or not. He is very possibly still at large.

Alternatively, he could have been incarcerated for something else. Perhaps involved in other types of crime - petty or serious remember. Whatever his needs dictate at the time, he'll take the criminal route if it works for him. That's the MO.

Do we imagine this individual having lived a blameless life since 2007?

Downright fear might have put them or him off.  They might get caught next time.  And that would be seriously unfunny for anyone.  Imagine what could happen to them in prison, even on remand.  Although I most definitely do not approve of rough justice.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1861 on: February 04, 2014, 10:07:19 AM »
Papers are not the official positions.
They write whatever they can find. And if they cannot get any real story from the police they would make up one.
There you have a clueless jouno who doesn't know about the case even as much as we know and who is digging to find news for his new article.
Whatever he gets he writes.. because Madeleine sells papers..

Totally agree with you VIXTE.   As far as I know SY or the PJ have not said anything more than they want to speak to certain people.    The rest is just a mixture of rehashed old news   - and the usual press speculation aided and abetted by every reporters imaginary best friend i.e. 'an unnamed source'.

Some people are speculating on press speculation and are now talking as if the information is directly from the police imo.

As soon as I read ...'a source close to' ...or.... 'an unnamed' source'.... or..... ''It is believed....''  etc etc etc -  I lose all interest as IMO it casts too much doubt on the veracity of the article.

The McCann name sells newspapers.  End of.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #1862 on: February 04, 2014, 10:16:01 AM »
Totally agree with you VIXTE.   As far as I know SY or the PJ have not said anything more than they want to speak to certain people.    The rest is just a mixture of rehashed old news   - and the usual press speculation aided and abetted by every reporters imaginary best friend i.e. 'an unnamed source'.

Some people are speculating on press speculation and are now talking as if the information is directly from the police imo.

As soon as I read ...'a source close to' ...or.... 'an unnamed' source'.... or..... ''It is believed....''  etc etc etc -  I lose all interest as IMO it casts too much doubt on the veracity of the article.

The McCann name sells newspapers.  End of.

VIXTE, Benice, Eleanor ... The man I was talking about all these months was an OC employee driver with a record for theft. He seems to be the man PJ is investigating now. But he is not Bernardino. Bernardino was married and now would be 66 years old. More on http://espacioexterior.blogspot.com ... Although Bernardino would be closely related to this man.

The another man, who Bernardino saw as a suspect, was investigated by PJ in 2007, he lived in Rua Direita in front of the Post Office. And he was correctly discarded in 2007, IMO.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:31:08 PM by Heriberto Janosch »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1863 on: February 04, 2014, 10:25:24 AM »

Thank you, Heri.  I have always thought you were on the right track.  It is no surprise to me that an Ocean Club employee could be involved.

Offline Benice

« Reply #1864 on: February 04, 2014, 10:43:28 AM »
VIXTE, Benice, Eleanor ... The man I was talking about all these months was an OC employee driver with a record for theft. He seems to be the man PJ is investigating now. But he is not Bernardino. Bernardino was married and now would be 66 years old. More on http://espacioexterior.blogspot.com ... Although Bernardino would be closely related to this man.

The another man, who Bernardino saw as a suspect, was investigated by PJ in 2007, he lived in Rua Direita in front of the Post Office. And he was correctly discarded in 2007, IMO.

Thankyou for that Heri. 

My point was that IMO some people are not differentiating between press speculation and what SY and the PJ have actually released in their official statements.   It was a general observation as it seems to me that some people are attributing speculation by reporters to SY and the PJ.   

I certainly don't include you in that observation.    Your meticulous investigation into this case have raised some extremely valid points imo.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #1865 on: February 04, 2014, 04:11:42 PM »

Thankyou for that Heri. 

My point was that IMO some people are not differentiating between press speculation and what SY and the PJ have actually released in their official statements.   It was a general observation as it seems to me that some people are attributing speculation by reporters to SY and the PJ.   

I certainly don't include you in that observation.    Your meticulous investigation into this case have raised some extremely valid points imo.

Yes, this is an important distinction, Benice.

There is the fact that a lot of what is contained in press reports is unsubstantiated.

But  this is no reason to assume that SY and the PJ  are not working professionally on matters of substance.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1866 on: February 04, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »
Because NO ONE took Joana, because her family KILLED HER thats why................

I had assumed that the family was involved, based on casual reading of the PT press.

When I started to pay more attention... I couldn't find anything to substantiate that assumption.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1867 on: February 04, 2014, 08:30:38 PM »
I had assumed that the family was involved, based on casual reading of the PT press.

When I started to pay more attention... I couldn't find anything to substantiate that assumption.

Apart from confession of course.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Carana

« Reply #1868 on: February 04, 2014, 09:04:20 PM »
Apart from confession of course.

In somewhat dubious conditions...

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #1869 on: February 05, 2014, 08:26:33 PM »
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/STEPHEN-CARPENTER.htm
I think they are looking for the man in this statement

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1870 on: February 05, 2014, 09:04:59 PM »

Do you mean the laundry man or the car being parked there used for laundry?

Also, I wanted to ask you.. there was a huge thread on 'cars in the PDL at the night of 3rd May' on some forum, not sure what forum that was might be 3 Arguidos.. do you think these threads are preserved anywhere?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:07:48 PM by VIXTE »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #1871 on: February 05, 2014, 09:15:03 PM »

The man with the grey hair?

Offline Kazcutt

« Reply #1872 on: February 05, 2014, 09:17:09 PM »
Do you mean the laundry man or the car being parked there used for laundry?

Also, I wanted to ask you.. there was a huge thread on 'cars in the PDL at the night of 3rd May' on some forum, not sure what forum that was might be 3 Arguidos.. do you think these threads are preserved anywhere?

Maybe both . The garage with the bed is strange

Not sure about thread about cars .the mccamns or cars in general that was around

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #1873 on: February 05, 2014, 09:23:59 PM »
Wonder if Steven Carpenter is Tannerman?

Carrying his child around 9.30?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1874 on: February 05, 2014, 09:59:48 PM »
Wonder if Steven Carpenter is Tannerman?

Carrying his child around 9.30?

I thought the same..