Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364756 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #1905 on: February 06, 2014, 04:42:17 PM »
And how do YOU know this is either fairly or unfairly?
If any of them had a criminal record it would be OK for them to be suspects.

I find that it would be fair to question anyone in more depth who could have been in the vicinity and didn't have a solid alibi that evening, if only to eliminate them or to probe as to whether they may have had information that they didn't feel willing to share at the time.

I wouldn't have minded if I'd been in the vicinity. Even if you happen to have spent a quiet evening at home on your own, there must be all kinds of questions that could help to establish whether you should be on the front / back burner or eliminated.

Redblossom

« Reply #1906 on: February 06, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »
I find that it would be fair to question anyone in more depth who could have been in the vicinity and didn't have a solid alibi that evening, if only to eliminate them or to probe as to whether they may have had information that they didn't feel willing to share at the time.

I wouldn't have minded if I'd been in the vicinity. Even if you happen to have spent a quiet evening at home on your own, there must be all kinds of questions that could help to establish whether you should be on the front / back burner or eliminated.

I reckon thats pretty much about several million people! Now, where and how to start

>@@(*&)

Offline pegasus

« Reply #1907 on: February 06, 2014, 07:25:46 PM »
And how do YOU know this is either fairly or unfairly?
If any of them had a criminal record it would be OK for them to be suspects.
Because there is no indication any of those three employees have any criminal record.
To imagine they do would be pure conjecture IMO.
One contributor to this site has claimed one of them definitely has a criminal record for theft, but no evidence was provided, I have tried but cannot find any confirmation, so I am assuming for now it is a name coincidence. Very common family name BTW.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 07:29:21 PM by pegasus »

Offline Carana

« Reply #1908 on: February 06, 2014, 07:28:13 PM »
I reckon thats pretty much about several million people! Now, where and how to start

>@@(*&)

A growing, interactive, spider's web, I would think.

Redblossom

« Reply #1909 on: February 06, 2014, 10:13:15 PM »
6th February 2014

Daily Mirror

Madeleine McCann: Cops probing claims a kidnapper tried to snatch another British tot from holiday flat in Portugal

A mum has told Scotland Yard how she chased an intruder away from her Algarve apartment after she found him heading towards her child’s cot

Police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are probing claims a kidnapper tried to snatch another British tot from a holiday flat in Portugal.

A mum has told Scotland Yard how she chased an intruder away from her Algarve apartment after she found him heading towards her child’s cot.

The unnamed mum reported it to Portuguese police at the time, but it is claimed they failed to search the area or take fingerprints.

Detectives investigating three-year-old Maddy’s disappearance have now interviewed the mum.

A source said: “British detectives are keen to establish whether Portuguese officers missed a crucial line of inquiry here.

“There is some confusion over why this was not taken more seriously.”

It was reported that the mum said she heard a noise late one night and caught the intruder heading for the cot.

The would-be-kidnapper fled the apartment, thought to be in an apartment in an Algarve resort north of Praia da Luz, where Maddy was taken.

The alleged incident happened in 2010 - three years after Maddy vanished from her bed while on holiday with her parents Kate and Gerry and twin brother and sister.

Scotland Yard detectives are still waiting for permission to quiz three ex-staff members at the complex where the McCanns of Rothley, Leics, stayed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-cops-probing-claims-3116263

how does one head towards a childs cot. Is there sat nav? Is there nothing else in the room?

How does this article assert he was a kidnapper rather than a burglar

This rang bells but wrong bell, Andy Redwood had said apparently that a family on the ground floor near Mccanns apartment had had a burglar back in May 2006 who got in via patio doors while they were dining next door (nice neighbours)  and looked into their childs travel cot but got scared away by the other kids in the house screaming and dropped the camera they were nicking, give me strength
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:20:51 PM by Redblossom »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1910 on: February 06, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »
This, what is reported in the article is not in PDL, it is somewhere else in Algarve..

Estuarine

« Reply #1911 on: February 06, 2014, 10:26:22 PM »
This, what is reported in the article is not in PDL, it is somewhere else in Algarve..

Three years later and in a resort NORTH of PDL? North would be a bit difficult unless one was really pernickity.

Redblossom

« Reply #1912 on: February 06, 2014, 10:27:36 PM »

yes Vixte I KNOW

I was just saying the story rang a bell but seems it was a similar incident four years later! Well, not that I believe a word of it...attempted burglary somewhere in the algarve, at some stage in recent history, hardly  a connection to Madeleine McCann disappearing!

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1913 on: February 06, 2014, 10:29:25 PM »
yes Vixte I KNOW

I was just saying the story rang a bell but seems it was a similar incident four years later! Well, not that I believe a word of it...attempted burglary somewhere in the algarve, at some stage in recent history, hardly  a connection to Madeleine McCann disappearing!

I don't believe it either.. It is an unnamed source..

Redblossom

« Reply #1914 on: February 06, 2014, 10:31:22 PM »

A growing, interactive, spider's web, I would think.

Oh!

Well.....not sure what to say to that response!

I think the idea is to narrow down the "suspect list" not widen it ad infinitum

@)(++(*

Redblossom

« Reply #1915 on: February 06, 2014, 10:34:39 PM »
I don't believe it either.. It is an unnamed source..

Good!

Unnamed source, unnamed mother, unnamed location,  no way to check this n the news then in PT or UK, typical nonsensical utter codswallop! At best

Clarence Mitchell gets paid alot for dreaming up rubbish, what a job!

Estuarine

« Reply #1916 on: February 06, 2014, 10:36:11 PM »

Oh!

Well.....not sure what to say to that response!

I think the idea is to narrow down the "suspect list" not widen it ad infinitum

@)(++(*

When everyone on "the list" has been eliminated what is left  >@@(*&)

Redblossom

« Reply #1917 on: February 06, 2014, 10:43:46 PM »
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 10:54:30 PM by Redblossom »

Estuarine

« Reply #1918 on: February 07, 2014, 03:48:05 PM »
I'm not going to comment on that!

@)(++(*

Aw go on ! start a riot  8(>((

Redblossom

« Reply #1919 on: February 07, 2014, 06:59:50 PM »
Aw go on ! start a riot  8(>((

I will patiently wait for SYs and or PJs next statement

8**8:/:

Eta I was reading some old press articles today whilst looking for something  and the level of ignorance and bad and mistaken reporting and speculation was quite astonishing. The papers are not Moses' tablets but the sheer laziness is astounding.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:04:03 PM by Redblossom »