Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364713 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2055 on: February 09, 2014, 02:36:10 PM »

I'd rather see the modern police finally investigate this modern case with the modern technology supported methods widely used in our modern times.

My only concern is that SY and others are placing too much relevance on technology over good policing.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2056 on: February 09, 2014, 02:39:54 PM »
My only concern is that SY and others are placing too much relevance on technology over good policing.

Indeed. The only technology they seem to be relying on is that of mobile phones and I don't believe that will give the answer.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Lyall

« Reply #2057 on: February 09, 2014, 02:50:17 PM »
Oh c'mon.. I am sick of it.. What, for example?

Like the theory shown in his video about opening the front door with a credit card??? And the same time ignoring the (NON-INVESTIGATED!) fact that there were numerous versions of the apartments keys in the hands of 'everyone and his dog'?

Sorry but that is insult to one's intelligence!  And if anyone wants to still talk about these unfolded CONSPIRACY ways, I have nothing against it.. but there is an own thread for it

I'd rather see the modern police finally investigate this modern case with the modern technology supported methods widely used in our modern times.

The keys story (if true) changes nothing, Vixte. It doesn't take us any further on than we were in week 1.

It is taking the easy way out to just sit back and say there was opportunity therefore Madeleine was abducted by burglars/resort workers/travelers/the faceless bogeyman.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:52:25 PM by Lyall »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2058 on: February 09, 2014, 02:51:19 PM »

I have read the files. IMO that was very far from a good policing.
There was lots of only 'surface sweeping' moments, without asking the proper questions and without deep analysis.
Only one line of enquiry, the possibility that Madeleine died as a result of the parents involvement was investigated to a higher level, but this included lots of 'low level' analysis.

In science, to prove a theory you have to have facts ABCD to come together. In Amaral's theory there were only 'A' parts of it.

What PJ and SY are trying to do now is finding B, C, D s to prove a theory. And if you have material facts, at least As and Bs you can try looking for Cs and try proving a theory.

Only talk is not a theory. It is an unproven speculation.,

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2059 on: February 09, 2014, 02:56:31 PM »

If she does turn up tomorrow, someone here is likely to come up with a theory that Team Amaral had a cunning strategy that they'd been working on for 7 years + whereby accusing the parents and leaking half-baked myths against them was actually to allow an abductor to let her go home. Or something.

Haven't we seen that somewhere before, very recently?  It's a good wheeze, you must admit.  And it worked, according to Luz.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2060 on: February 09, 2014, 02:59:24 PM »

What good policing when it can't even understand DNA and Forensics?

Offline jassi

« Reply #2061 on: February 09, 2014, 03:16:53 PM »
Unfortunately, police officers are not the brightest of people and have to rely on 'experts' for technological opinion and guidance. Experts seldom agree with one another.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Cariad

« Reply #2062 on: February 09, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »
I have read the files. IMO that was very far from a good policing.
There was lots of only 'surface sweeping' moments, without asking the proper questions and without deep analysis.
Only one line of enquiry, the possibility that Madeleine died as a result of the parents involvement was investigated to a higher level, but this included lots of 'low level' analysis.

In science, to prove a theory you have to have facts ABCD to come together. In Amaral's theory there were only 'A' parts of it.

What PJ and SY are trying to do now is finding B, C, D s to prove a theory. And if you have material facts, at least As and Bs you can try looking for Cs and try proving a theory.

Only talk is not a theory. It is an unproven speculation.,

In science, you try to disprove a theory, not prove it. That's why it's science.

I say that A causes B and you, me and a hundred other guys try to work out why that wouldn't work. If we can't, we build a LHC to try and find evidence to support it.

Offline jassi

« Reply #2063 on: February 09, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »
In this case SY appear to be trying to find evidence to prove a certain theory.

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #2064 on: February 09, 2014, 03:59:31 PM »
Unless they find Madeleine or her remains I find it very difficult to believe that there will ever be a prosecution.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2065 on: February 09, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »
In this case SY appear to be trying to find evidence to prove a certain theory.

I don't think SY are being allowed to do anything at the moment

Offline jassi

« Reply #2066 on: February 09, 2014, 04:20:56 PM »
I don't think SY are being allowed to do anything at the moment

Ah, you mean those dastardly Portuguese are thwarting their every wish ?
I've no doubt the PJ are doing everything that is legally required of them.

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2067 on: February 09, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »
Ah, you mean those dastardly Portuguese are thwarting their every wish ?
I've no doubt the PJ are doing everything that is legally required of them.

It may well be legal red tape thats holding things up...I just hope they are able eventually to do all they want

Estuarine

« Reply #2068 on: February 09, 2014, 04:26:05 PM »
Unless they find Madeleine or her remains I find it very difficult to believe that there will ever be a prosecution.

I am with you there. I just hope that even if that is not the case someway will be found to end this distasteful circus.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2069 on: February 09, 2014, 04:42:15 PM »
It may well be legal red tape thats holding things up...I just hope they are able eventually to do all they want

It is not only SY that is working on the case. They have a supporting PJ team as well as an independent PJ team.