Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364781 times)

Offline Benice

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2280 on: February 17, 2014, 12:16:56 AM »
Yes, it could be the widow.

And this suspect is the PJ suspect.

I am not sure if the SY is looking at the same gang..

I wonder if the widow worked at OC or not?

It's a newspaper article Vixte.   Therefore of very little interest to me I'm afraid.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2281 on: February 17, 2014, 12:20:15 AM »
It's a newspaper article Vixte.   Therefore of very little interest to me I'm afraid.

well, this is a news thread  @)(++(* what else is expected on this thread?

the article is an interview with the widow

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-missing-cops-quiz-3153923

Lyall

« Reply #2282 on: February 17, 2014, 12:36:10 AM »
The Express must be 8()(((@# @)(++(*

Offline Benice

« Reply #2283 on: February 17, 2014, 12:52:12 AM »
well, this is a news thread  @)(++(* what else is expected on this thread?

the article is an interview with the widow

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-missing-cops-quiz-3153923

Thanks for the link Vixte.  I can't say there is anything new there.   Just a rehash of old stuff IMO.

What happened to the secrecy laws?  Or don't they apply in her case?   Just curious.

p.s. I take you point about this being the news thread.  Soz.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2284 on: February 17, 2014, 12:52:57 AM »
The Express must be 8()(((@# @)(++(*

It's The Mirror, Silly.  Can you read?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2285 on: February 17, 2014, 12:56:17 AM »
Which 'Maddie' cops are the Mirror now quoting ? The SY Maddie cops, the PJ Maddie cops, or the joint SY/PJ Maddie cops ?
This is becoming farcical, it's akin to butter adverts i.e. "I can't believe we're the Maddie cops" "the low low Maddie cops" "utterly butterly Maddie cops" etc. etc. !!!

They are quoting PJ..  if you enlarge the front page you would see this..

Monteiro is the PJ's suspect, not the SY's suspect..  8)--))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 12:59:39 AM by VIXTE »

Lyall

« Reply #2286 on: February 17, 2014, 01:02:30 AM »
It's The Mirror, Silly.  Can you read?

I can. The Mirror got the exclusive: James Murray must be 8(8-))

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2287 on: February 17, 2014, 01:09:00 AM »
So how many separate 'Maddie Cops' squads are there now ?

I believe there are two. One is independent PJ team and another SY plus another PJ team working together.

This Monteiro guy was 'found' by the independent PJ team. while I believe the SY+PJ are more interested in OC workers.

While Oporto detectives have been working on a review of existing evidence, six detectives from the PJ’s branch in Faro have been assisting their colleagues from Scotland Yard in the ambit of an international co-operation request based on the issuing of rogatory letters. PJ police in Lisbon stressed in comments to The Portugal News that at this stage of the review, the PJ branches in Oporto and Faro are “working independently.”
http://theportugalnews.com/news/portugal-orders-re-opening-of-madeleine-case/29711

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:12:34 AM by VIXTE »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2288 on: February 17, 2014, 01:14:18 AM »

Monteiro was an Ocean Club worker.  Got sacked for stealing.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2289 on: February 17, 2014, 01:23:02 AM »
Monteiro was an Ocean Club worker.  Got sacked for stealing.

IMO his widow is right,  he was not involved in Madeleine's case.. PJ is just finding A FOREIGN scapegoat.. so the finger is not pointed at non-foreign OC workers..

He is easiest way out of this mess.. dead.. junky.. been to prison.. ideal!

That could be the current conflict between the PJ and SY.. and that could be why the PJ is taking so long to process the rogatory letters..
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:25:44 AM by VIXTE »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2290 on: February 17, 2014, 01:25:47 AM »
Gin o'clock Mitch !!!

Are you buying?  Make mine a large one.

Offline Benice

« Reply #2291 on: February 17, 2014, 01:27:59 AM »
IMO his widow is right,  he was not involved in Madeleine's case.. PJ is just finding A FOREIGN scapegoat.. so the finger is not pointed at non-foreign OC workers..

You could be right, but for any police force to rule out people simply because they have since died is irrational IMO.

Lyall

« Reply #2292 on: February 17, 2014, 01:28:08 AM »

That could be the current conflict between the PJ and SY.. and that could be why the PJ is taking so long to process the rogatory letters..

Conflict? What conflict?

Lyall

« Reply #2293 on: February 17, 2014, 01:30:54 AM »

An imagination like this ought to be working for a tabloid ?{)(**

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2294 on: February 17, 2014, 01:34:59 AM »
Conflict? What conflict?

I have noticed a 'conflict' mentioned in the earlier today's article from Portugal

Correio da Manhã

Three English police officers were in the Algarve

English Pressure on the PJ for “Maddie” case

Scotland Yard sent a third letter of request in spite of the fact that the second letter has not yet arrived at the PJ.

15 February 2014, 19h51
By:Rui Pando Gomes

In the space of three weeks, the British investigators were in the Algarve twice for meetings described as "routine".

In spite of the fact that the PJ has still not complied with any of the inquiries requested in the second letter of request sent to the Portuguese authorities, within the scope of the investigation into the Maddie case, Scotland Yard has now announced that it will send a third legal request, with more inquiries of alleged suspects.

After another visit by the English pólice, for a routine meeting, the day before yesterday, as reported by CM, this new request for help is seen as a sign of “pressure” on the Portuguese pólice.

According to findings by CM, the second letter of request has still not officially arrived to the Faro PJ police officers.

“The English police can make a request for an understanding. The Public Ministry, under Portuguese law, could refuse to authorise”, a legal source told CM.

According to the English press, the commissionaire Martin Hewitt, who is coordinating the British investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann – which occurred on 3rd May 2007, in Praia da Luz – “a letter with detailed requests was sent” on Friday, a legal action that is “part of an on-going process”. He added that they “are procedures to enable the investigation to continue successfully”.

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/ultima-hora/pressao-inglesa-sobre-judiciaria-por-caso-maddie