Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364809 times)

Lyall

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2295 on: February 17, 2014, 01:37:44 AM »
I have noticed a 'conflict' mentioned in the earlier today's article from Portugal

>@@(*&) Maybe you see what isn't actually there? Maybe you want to see a conflict?

Lyall

« Reply #2296 on: February 17, 2014, 01:39:02 AM »
I have noticed a 'conflict' mentioned in the earlier today's article from Portugal

One word not mentioned in that article: lawyer.

They don't move quickly, in any country.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2297 on: February 17, 2014, 01:39:40 AM »
Might just take you up on that sometime !!!

Who knows?  We might even get on.  I do so love a hearty debate.

Lyall

« Reply #2298 on: February 17, 2014, 01:40:15 AM »
Vixte has left the building by the looks of it !!

Must be busy writing for their newspaper @)(++(*

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2299 on: February 17, 2014, 01:43:12 AM »
>@@(*&) Maybe you see what isn't actually there? Maybe you want to see a conflict?

You are right.. maybe there is not a conflict.. but it there wasn't one why would CM underline that SY is pressurising PJ to deal with the requests in the R. letters?

SY sending letters.. PJ not dealing with letters.. taking their time.. deciding what to do...maybe PJ is not at a mistake at all but the courts are delaying it.. the question is who is delaying it and why...

Lyall

« Reply #2300 on: February 17, 2014, 01:46:22 AM »
You are right.. maybe there is not a conflict.. but it there wasn't one why would CM underline that SY is pressurising PJ to deal with the requests in the R. letters?

SY sending letters.. PJ not dealing with letters.. taking their time.. deciding what to do...maybe PJ is not at a mistake at all but the courts are delaying it.. the question is who is delaying it and why...

Why would CM say that? Because they're a newspaper?

Don't believe the hype 8(0(*

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2301 on: February 17, 2014, 01:48:34 AM »

New mantra on this forum  8)--))

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2302 on: February 17, 2014, 01:49:12 AM »
Why would CM say that? Because they're a newspaper?

Jeez.  Where do you have to go to get a decent debate?

Lyall

« Reply #2303 on: February 17, 2014, 01:51:28 AM »

Lyall

« Reply #2304 on: February 17, 2014, 01:55:44 AM »
Jeez.  Where do you have to go to get a decent debate?

Monty Python's Argument Clinic? 8)-)))

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2305 on: February 17, 2014, 01:58:33 AM »
8(>((

My grandma used to say: "What people talk about .. that either happened or will happen.. " @)(++(*

If you apply it on the paper's stories and you check the past ones.. and compare it to the files.. then you see that SOME things papers wrote about Madeleine's case were actually truthful.. so in every article there is a little truth and lots of rubbish..

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2306 on: February 17, 2014, 02:01:49 AM »
Monty Python's Argument Clinic? 8)-)))

Do they sell Gin?

Lyall

« Reply #2307 on: February 17, 2014, 02:04:49 AM »
My grandma used to say: "What people talk about .. that either happened or will happen.. " @)(++(*

If you apply it on the paper's stories and you check the past ones.. and compare it to the files.. then you see that SOME things papers wrote about Madeleine's case were actually truthful.. so in every article there is a little truth and lots of rubbish..

I think you're right, and it's not changed.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2308 on: February 17, 2014, 02:07:00 AM »

Egos are involved.

SY want to look like they are in the driving seat (hence the suggestion of pressuring). There's nothing to say that Portuguese courts are foot-dragging. Just that the normal bureaucracies are being observed.

PJ on the other hand also want to maintain control, and want to be seen to be doing so.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2309 on: February 17, 2014, 02:09:47 AM »
Fair enough, SH. I think if we stick to what's said officially things are clearer, but the newspapers are no more reliable now than they were in 2007.

Newspapers are no more reliable, that's for sure.

But we can separate what is contained in the tabloids from the exercise of trying to figure out what is going on in reality.