Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364804 times)

Redblossom

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2625 on: February 27, 2014, 11:43:35 PM »
Misinform to manipulate better.

I think so

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2626 on: February 27, 2014, 11:45:25 PM »
Big news

MEPs approve common rules of transnational criminal investigation

ARTICLE | THU, 02/27/2014 - 24:22

The European Parliament (EP) today approved new rules proposed by the European Commission in criminal matters aimed at facilitating transnational criminal investigations, particularly in obtaining evidence or hear witnesses.
"Adopting this policy means bad news for those who commit crimes in the EU and an important tool for those who investigates crimes in the common space, "said Nuno Melo (CDS), EP rapporteur.
European Investigation Order (EIO), adopted in Strasbourg by 467 votes in favor, 22 against and 10 abstentions, aims to facilitate the taking of evidence by the judicial authorities in transnational criminal investigations.
This is already possible today, but researchers have to rely on a diverse set of standards, some more than 50 years.
A decision on recognition or execution of an EIO should be taken within 30 days.
If accepted, the investigative measure must be performed within 90 days, and if you can not meet this deadline, the authority of the executing State shall inform authority of the issuing State of the reasons for the delay.
DEI Under the authorities of another country can ignore the request or set their own deadlines and may refuse to recognize or enforce a decision on a limited number of cases, for example if is likely to harm essential national security interests or if the investigative measure is not authorized by the law of the executing State in a similar national case.
According to the deputy, "media cases like Madeleine McCann or Freeport, to give two examples involved two countries - my country, Portugal, and England - would have immediately benefited from this policy by lower administrative and bureaucratic complexity that will ensure. "
DEI has been agreed between the European Parliament and the Council of Ministers of the European Union.

http://online.jornaldamadeira.pt/artigos/eurodeputados-aprovam-regras-comuns-de-investiga%C3%A7%C3%A3o-penal-transnacional

google translated..

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2627 on: February 28, 2014, 01:57:36 AM »
If you ignore the media, and listen only to SY, we know

They have names
The investigation is gathering pace
The CPS are requesting details and assistance from the Portugese, but not apparently, arrests or interviews (implies the suspects have already been interviewed furthermore, are British).

Add in the sudden dearth of McCann faces appearing earnestly on our telly telling us how "important" the 3 burglars are, and the inexplicably postponed Libel trial, and what do you get?

?{)(**

Is it possible you could be putting two and two together there, Silkywhiskers?

Or should I say, three and three...

Offline Carana

« Reply #2628 on: February 28, 2014, 11:23:19 AM »
Big news

MEPs approve common rules of transnational criminal investigation

ARTICLE | THU, 02/27/2014 - 24:22

The European Parliament (EP) today approved new rules proposed by the European Commission in criminal matters aimed at facilitating transnational criminal investigations, particularly in obtaining evidence or hear witnesses.
"Adopting this policy means bad news for those who commit crimes in the EU and an important tool for those who investigates crimes in the common space, "said Nuno Melo (CDS), EP rapporteur.
European Investigation Order (EIO), adopted in Strasbourg by 467 votes in favor, 22 against and 10 abstentions, aims to facilitate the taking of evidence by the judicial authorities in transnational criminal investigations.
This is already possible today, but researchers have to rely on a diverse set of standards, some more than 50 years.
A decision on recognition or execution of an EIO should be taken within 30 days.
If accepted, the investigative measure must be performed within 90 days, and if you can not meet this deadline, the authority of the executing State shall inform authority of the issuing State of the reasons for the delay.
DEI Under the authorities of another country can ignore the request or set their own deadlines and may refuse to recognize or enforce a decision on a limited number of cases, for example if is likely to harm essential national security interests or if the investigative measure is not authorized by the law of the executing State in a similar national case.
According to the deputy, "media cases like Madeleine McCann or Freeport, to give two examples involved two countries - my country, Portugal, and England - would have immediately benefited from this policy by lower administrative and bureaucratic complexity that will ensure. "
DEI has been agreed between the European Parliament and the Council of Ministers of the European Union.

http://online.jornaldamadeira.pt/artigos/eurodeputados-aprovam-regras-comuns-de-investiga%C3%A7%C3%A3o-penal-transnacional

google translated..

Thanks for that, Vixte. I'm wondering if there are transnational law blogs or articles that could explain why a JIT was quickly established between France and the UK in the Alps massacre case, but not in the Madeleine case.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2629 on: February 28, 2014, 12:07:09 PM »
Thanks for that, Vixte. I'm wondering if there are transnational law blogs or articles that could explain why a JIT was quickly established between France and the UK in the Alps massacre case, but not in the Madeleine case.

Bodies?
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #2630 on: February 28, 2014, 12:30:37 PM »
Bodies?
Yes, a JIT has to be established on a specific crime with determined objective and duration. 

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2631 on: February 28, 2014, 06:24:39 PM »
Yes, a JIT has to be established on a specific crime with determined objective and duration.

Yes, but for whom would it have been to decide in the Madeeleine case, prior to a full investigation, what the crime was?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #2632 on: February 28, 2014, 08:52:36 PM »
Yes, but for whom would it have been to decide in the Madeeleine case, prior to a full investigation, what the crime was?
The police of the country where the vanishing occurred. Supposing this country doesn't believe in fairies,  ?{)(**

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2633 on: February 28, 2014, 10:41:29 PM »
Is it possible you could be putting two and two together there, Silkywhiskers?

Or should I say, three and three...

Yup.

I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

There is only ONE reason that the CPS are involved.  The perps are British.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2634 on: February 28, 2014, 10:42:34 PM »
Yup.

I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday.

There is only ONE reason that the CPS are involved.  The perps are British.

I should get back on the truck if I were you

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2635 on: March 01, 2014, 12:02:20 AM »
The police of the country where the vanishing occurred. Supposing this country doesn't believe in fairies,  ?{)(**

Exactly my point. It would have been a pre-judgement in this case.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2636 on: March 01, 2014, 01:10:39 AM »
No news makes me quite curious.. I wish I was a fly on the SYs wall..

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2637 on: March 01, 2014, 02:30:00 AM »
No news makes me quite curious.. I wish I was a fly on the SYs wall..

I did not become interested in the Madeleine case until half way through last year, but were there always regular updates from the time SY began their review? Is this an unusually quiet spell?

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2638 on: March 01, 2014, 03:56:06 AM »
I did not become interested in the Madeleine case until half way through last year, but were there always regular updates from the time SY began their review? Is this an unusually quiet spell?

Yes and no.

The McCanns don't like to be out of the spotlight long, hence Amaral's libel trial, Gerry and Kate both staged photo ops on the court steps, Gerry looking determined and heroic, Kate wan and tragic and righteous. Amaral just looked like Amaral.

The sudden postponement of the libel trial, coupled with the new efit, the hints of arrests, the CPS involvement - apart from criticising the investigation (again) they have been unusually silent and avoiding the spotlight.

My guess?  Their world is currently in the process of falling apart.

SY have informed them of the way the investigation is going, and to quote Amaral, "it is understood things are not going well for the McCanns".

[ .... speculative comment removed ... ]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:02:23 PM by John »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2639 on: March 01, 2014, 10:34:43 AM »
Yes and no.

The McCanns don't like to be out of the spotlight long, hence Amaral's libel trial, Gerry and Kate both staged photo ops on the court steps, Gerry looking determined and heroic, Kate wan and tragic and righteous. Amaral just looked like Amaral.

The sudden postponement of the libel trial, coupled with the new efit, the hints of arrests, the CPS involvement - apart from criticising the investigation (again) they have been unusually silent and avoiding the spotlight.

My guess?  Their world is currently in the process of falling apart.

SY have informed them of the way the investigation is going, and to quote Amaral, "it is understood things are not going well for the McCanns".

[ .... speculative comment removed ... ]

Sooner rather than later...its easy to make any ridiculous claim when theres an information  vacuum...but if what you are saying is true...when will the McCanns be arrested and why is there no sign of it yet
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 01:02:52 PM by John »