Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364633 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2700 on: March 22, 2014, 10:11:36 AM »
Erm

A source said: “All the cases mentioned were investigated by us here. Monteiro was arrested but freed because of lack of evidence.’’

A bit further on:

A local source said: ‘“He is the main suspect for the incidents involving the girls on holiday and was questioned but there was insufficient evidence.”

Which is it?

Mr and Mrs A. Source have said rather a lot over the past seven years...

Was his DNA checked?

The message is essentially the same.
Without knowing who the two sources were, it is impossible to know which is technically accurate statement.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Anna

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:01:23 AM by Anna »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2702 on: March 22, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »
Oh, I see. The article that Anna links says however that he was arrested.

Perhaps that was a previous charge?

Several cases between 2004 and 2006\7 and a further case committed in 2010.  Hardly likely to have been Euclides Monteiro.  So likely two separate crimes committed by different people.
This means that Euclides Monteiro could have been involved in the abduction of Madeleine.
But if The PJ were looking at him in the light of the sex abuse cases then they wouldn't have found any evidence against him.

Offline Carana

« Reply #2703 on: March 22, 2014, 10:29:29 AM »
The message is essentially the same.
Without knowing who the two sources were, it is impossible to know which is technically accurate statement.

And the media wouldn't have been all over it at the time?

Offline Carana

« Reply #2704 on: March 22, 2014, 10:31:12 AM »
Several cases between 2004 and 2006\7 and a further case committed in 2010.  Hardly likely to have been Euclides Monteiro.  So likely two separate crimes committed by different people.
This means that Euclides Monteiro could have been involved in the abduction of Madeleine.
But if The PJ were looking at him in the light of the sex abuse cases then they wouldn't have found any evidence against him.

Wouldn't the PJ have checked his DNA against the sexual abuse cases? If not, why not?

Offline jassi

« Reply #2705 on: March 22, 2014, 10:31:57 AM »
And the media wouldn't have been all over it at the time?

Who knows ?
The media often aren't precise in their reporting, so can't be considered as reliable regarding exact wording.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Reply #2706 on: March 22, 2014, 10:33:13 AM »
Wouldn't the PJ have checked his DNA against the sexual abuse cases? If not, why not?

I presume these are rhetorical questions.

Or maybe not -

Offline sadie

« Reply #2707 on: March 22, 2014, 11:04:59 AM »
Very sound questions Carana

There was DNA

If it wasn't checked, then why not?

If it was checked, then they KNOW if he was the sexual predator, or not

Full stop.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2708 on: March 22, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »

I don't think that The PJ were checking him to see if he was a sexual predator in all those attacks.  They had been going on since 2004 after all.   
But did check him to see if he was a burglar, due to the phone pings, and knowing he was a convicted burglar.  And the check appears to have been done at the time of Madeleine's disappearance anyway, him being in PdL at the right time.
I have no idea why The PJ discarded him.

But unless there was a copycat after his death, which I suppose is always possible, then he can't have been the sexual predator.  But he could have been involved in the abduction of Madeleine McCann.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2709 on: March 22, 2014, 11:36:33 AM »
I don't think that The PJ were checking him to see if he was a sexual predator in all those attacks.  They had been going on since 2004 after all.   
But did check him to see if he was a burglar, due to the phone pings, and knowing he was a convicted burglar.  And the check appears to have been done at the time of Madeleine's disappearance anyway, him being in PdL at the right time.
I have no idea why The PJ discarded him.

But unless there was a copycat after his death, which I suppose is always possible, then he can't have been the sexual predator.  But he could have been involved in the abduction of Madeleine McCann.
In my opinion, NSY are just going back over the initial evidence gathered by the police in 2007 and looking at it with a fresh eye.  I think the new PJ team are doing exactly the same.

Obviously there are going to be local difficulties with two such disparate jurisdictions working the same case.       I think these are being exacerbated by people much higher up the chain of command who seem to be dragging their heels in allowing the teams to work in tandem leading to frustrations on both sides.   

We only have newspaper reports that the PJ consider Euclides was their man. 
They are not stupid and if similar offences were carried out in 2010 after his death, I'm sure they would have made the connection. 

I think the recent NSY statements might have been discussed with their counterparts in the PJ who would have been unable to do so under Portuguese law? 

I think Eleanor is spot on with the reasons the PJ would find him of enough interest to interview him, but may have been side tracked from that line of inquiry by the concentration of resources on the McCanns.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:19:17 PM by Mr Moderator »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline sadie

« Reply #2710 on: March 22, 2014, 11:45:14 AM »
In my opinion, NSY are just going back over the initial evidence gathered by the police in 2007 and looking at it with a fresh eye.  I think the new PJ team are doing exactly the same.

Obviously there are going to be local difficulties with two such disparate jurisdictions working the same case.       I think these are being exacerbated by people much higher up the chain of command who seem to be dragging their heels in allowing the teams to work in tandem leading to frustrations on both sides.   

We only have newspaper reports that the PJ consider Euclides was their man. 
They are not stupid and if similar offences were carried out in 2010 after his death, I'm sure they would have made the connection. 

I think the recent NSY statements might have been discussed with their counterparts in the PJ who would have been unable to do so under Portuguese law? 

I think Eleanor is spot on with the reasons the PJ would find him of enough interest to interview him, but may have been side tracked from that line of inquiry by the concentration of resources on the McCanns.
Welcome Brietta

A very sound early post.  8((()*/

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2711 on: March 22, 2014, 11:57:09 AM »
Thank you for your welcome, Sadie.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2712 on: March 22, 2014, 12:02:06 PM »
Thank you for your welcome, Sadie.

Welcome from me too.  And thanks for understanding what I am talking about.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2713 on: March 22, 2014, 08:48:29 PM »
The tractorman died in 2009, the latest attacks were in 2010..

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/madeleine-mccann-police-intruder-girls-algarve
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:54:22 PM by VIXTE »

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2714 on: March 22, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »
CMTV commentator Francisco Moita Flores says the alleged rapist being sought is 'just propaganda' and adds that Scotland Yard should not attach such importance to vague data.

Video

Please show me where Smellyman is labelled a "rapist".

He is a pervert, clearly, a bed sitter, but the official word is he is believed to have "sexually assaulted" only two children, who clearly remained alive and untaken.

Sexual Assault can be anything from a quick grope of a butt through clothing, to the full act of rape.

NOWHERE have I read that Smellyman raped.