Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364680 times)

Offline Mr Moderator

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2715 on: March 22, 2014, 11:24:22 PM »
Please show me where Smellyman is labelled a "rapist".

He is a pervert, clearly, a bed sitter, but the official word is he is believed to have "sexually assaulted" only two children, who clearly remained alive and untaken.

Sexual Assault can be anything from a quick grope of a butt through clothing, to the full act of rape.

NOWHERE have I read that Smellyman raped.

The word being used by CMTV is violador which correctly translates I believe as rapist.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2716 on: March 22, 2014, 11:26:04 PM »
The word being used by CMTV is violador which correctly translates I believe as rapist.

And I would appreciate if you stuck to the FACTS as revealed by Andy Redmond.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2717 on: March 22, 2014, 11:49:31 PM »

Madeleine McCann police hunt two Eastern European bogus charity workers who targeted Algarve holiday homes

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-missing-police-hunt-3273735#ixzz2wjs1odwO
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2718 on: March 23, 2014, 12:00:43 AM »
David Cameron vows to speak to Portuguese government if British cops are hampered with their Madeleine McCann inquiry

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-missing-david-cameron-3265699#ixzz2wjtjyKmr

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #2719 on: March 23, 2014, 12:02:33 AM »
Madeleine McCann police hunt two Eastern European bogus charity workers who targeted Algarve holiday homes

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-missing-police-hunt-3273735#ixzz2wjs1odwO

We see from a 'development' like this just how slow-moving this case is.

Events relating to these collectors were recorded and filed years ago, and only now is an appeal being made for them to come forward.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #2721 on: March 23, 2014, 12:32:15 AM »
Police at war over Maddie!

Todays Sunday Express now claiming that Scotland Yard and the PJ have fallen out over the naming of deceased Euclides Monteiro as the prime suspect.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 01:50:25 AM by Mr Moderator »

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2722 on: March 23, 2014, 12:35:21 AM »
Todays Sunday Express now claiming that Scotland Yard and the PJ have fallen out over the naming of Snr Monteiro as the prime suspect.

More to follow...

How on earth can he possibly be the Prime Suspect?

He's the wrong race, for a start!

He looks NOTHING like Smithman!

More Pro-McCann spin bs.  Someone's intent on stirring up problems between the PJ and SY.

Does everyone forget the photos of Andy in Portugal meeting with his PJ colleagues?  3 hours, smiling faces, relaxed body language, only a couple of months ago.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #2723 on: March 23, 2014, 06:42:49 AM »

More Pro-McCann spin bs.  Someone's intent on stirring up problems between the PJ and SY.

Does everyone forget the photos of Andy in Portugal meeting with his PJ colleagues?  3 hours, smiling faces, relaxed body language, only a couple of months ago.

Its all BS, anyway, dont forget the date is slowing coming towards the anniversary so we will be getting a lot of this, as the papers want to make some money.

Take a deep breath lol.

The so called assaults/burglarys were known about and even Edgar talked about them in 2009 so its nothing knew.

The poor guy who died in 2009, MAY have been responsible for a few petty burglaries, but as the PJ have stated if he sat on a bed NO SEXUAL assaults were made by him....its out there for anyone to read.

IF these children were SEXUALLY ASSAULTED and the parents knew about it, wouldnt they have taken their children to the hospitals and have them swabbed for DNA etc? I would have done that.

This is one of the things that worried me about the McCann children. My daughter is missing could have been taken away by a pedophile I would have woken up my twins and had them taken to the hospital to check them out just incase anything had been touched....

SEXUAL assaults I am sure being very serious, would have been thoroughly investigated by the PJ at the time if they were reported.

It sounds like a european who works in sunny climes who did these things....and also 3 years APRIL/JUNE....perhaps someone working in Portugal for only a few months each year...maybe.

PERHAPS Scotland Yard should sort out our back yard before it interferes in Portugal.

4 sexual assaults allegedegly in Portugal.....

23,000 sexual assaults in Britain 2010/11.......I know where i would rather live...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124805/The-paedophile-map-Britain-child-sex-attack-takes-place-20-MINUTES.html

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 06:48:02 AM by colombosstogey »

stephen25000

« Reply #2724 on: March 23, 2014, 07:39:49 AM »
Its all BS, anyway, dont forget the date is slowing coming towards the anniversary so we will be getting a lot of this, as the papers want to make some money.

Take a deep breath lol.

The so called assaults/burglarys were known about and even Edgar talked about them in 2009 so its nothing knew.

The poor guy who died in 2009, MAY have been responsible for a few petty burglaries, but as the PJ have stated if he sat on a bed NO SEXUAL assaults were made by him....its out there for anyone to read.

IF these children were SEXUALLY ASSAULTED and the parents knew about it, wouldnt they have taken their children to the hospitals and have them swabbed for DNA etc? I would have done that.

This is one of the things that worried me about the McCann children. My daughter is missing could have been taken away by a pedophile I would have woken up my twins and had them taken to the hospital to check them out just incase anything had been touched....

SEXUAL assaults I am sure being very serious, would have been thoroughly investigated by the PJ at the time if they were reported.

It sounds like a european who works in sunny climes who did these things....and also 3 years APRIL/JUNE....perhaps someone working in Portugal for only a few months each year...maybe.

PERHAPS Scotland Yard should sort out our back yard before it interferes in Portugal.

4 sexual assaults allegedegly in Portugal.....

23,000 sexual assaults in Britain 2010/11.......I know where i would rather live...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124805/The-paedophile-map-Britain-child-sex-attack-takes-place-20-MINUTES.html

This case seems to plumb new depths of stupidity with the latest news.

The PJ have been criticized for their handling of the case,but just look at Operation Grange.

More leaks than a sieve, the change in suspects. The of a dead man...........

Sounds like desperation.

Sounds like rank stupidity.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2725 on: March 23, 2014, 07:45:58 AM »
This case seems to plumb new depths of stupidity with the latest news.

The PJ have been criticized for their handling of the case,but just look at Operation Grange.

More leaks than a sieve, the change in suspects. The of a dead man...........

Sounds like desperation.

Sounds like rank stupidity.

Only to you Stephen and those who cant bear to see SY taking the investigation away from the innocent mccanns.
What is obvious is that the pj do not want Sy to be able to follow their own leads...an absolute disgrace

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2726 on: March 23, 2014, 08:01:46 AM »

It's The PJ who seem to have the problem.

stephen25000

« Reply #2727 on: March 23, 2014, 09:20:34 AM »
Yep.  He repeated himself interminably.  And he didn't speak very good English either.

You don't get parody it seems.

You don't get comedy either.

What do you get ?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2728 on: March 23, 2014, 09:26:42 AM »
You don't get parody it seems.

You don't get comedy either.

What do you get ?

Irony.  Do you know what that is?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2729 on: March 23, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »

Scotland Yard and Portuguese police fall out over identity of key Madeleine McCann suspect

SCOTLAND Yard’s hunt for Madeleine McCann is in jeopardy because of foot-dragging by Portuguese police who think they know who was responsible for her disappearance.

High-ranking officers in Portugal are convinced African thief Euclides Monteiro took Madeleine and was responsible for sex attacks on five other British girls before being killed in a tractor accident in 2009.

However, the frustrated Yard team believes there is insufficient evidence. One attack believed to be significant to the Madeleine inquiry took place the year after Monteiro died. The clash is threatening to stall the Yard probe at a crucial time, with detectives here having made 287 requests for leads to be  pursued in Portugal.

The Sunday Express understands they have asked for forensic work at holiday apartments where sex attacks took place, in their hunt for a breakthrough clue, a fingerprint or hair.

Yet delays by Portuguese officials are slowing progress and increasing tensions between the two forces.

Last week Deputy Assistant Commissioner Martin Hewitt admitted he was “frustrated” with the pace of the investigation

The Yard is interested in Monteiro but pointedly declined to name him during a briefing for journalists last week when it made a fresh appeal for help from the public. The ex-junkie was sacked as a waiter at an Ocean Club restaurant in Praia da Luz for stealing a year before Madeleine vanished from a holiday apartment there in May 2007.

Portuguese police have been interested in the volume of calls on his mobile phone on the night she vanished, which indicate he was near the scene.

Yard officers want to know if he acted alone as a thief or was part of a wider, more sinister paedophile ring which could still pose a risk to British children holidaying on the Algarve.

They also want to investigate possible links with burglars operating in Praia da Luz whom he was known to associate with.

Last week the Yard revealed it was focusing on 12 “potentially” linked break-ins between 2004 and 2010 on the western Algarve. In four cases between 2004 and 2006 a man sexually assaulted five white girls aged between seven and 10 in their beds. Two were assaulted in one villa.

The man remained calm throughout all the attacks and even when disturbed by waking parents or children he made no attempt to run away, leaving villas slowly, apparently unconcerned about being caught.

Two break-ins occurred in Praia da Luz in 2006 and 2010 but children were not assaulted in those incidents. As Monteiro died in 2009 he could not have been responsible for the last break-in in 2010.

In most of the 12 cases nothing was taken and there was no sign of forced entry, suggesting access to holiday apartment keys. All were within about an hour’s drive.

The Yard said: “Witnesses describe the man as having dark, as in tanned, skin with short dark unkempt hair. He spoke English with a foreign accent. His voice was described as slow or possibly slurred.”

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood said: “We need to establish the identity of this man. These offences are very serious and no one has been charged. We also need to eliminate this man from our inquiries and ascertain whether these offences are linked to Madeleine’s disappearance.”

Portuguese police later leaked that the person being sought was identified by their officers as Monteiro, although he was never formally charged with any of the offences because of insufficient evidence.

However, the information offered by the Yard suggests it is far from convinced by the evidence uncovered by Portuguese detectives. They have Monteiro’s DNA as the Cape Verde immigrant had served time for theft.

British officers have pointed out to the Portuguese that a key sighting of a man holding a child in Luz at 10pm, shortly after Madeleine was taken, was not of a black man. Irishman Martin Smith and family saw him.

Former Portuguese inspector Goncalo Amaral was about to fly Mr Smith to Portugal when he was removed from the case. DCI Redwood said last week: “We still need to establish the identity of a man seen by three witnesses, carrying a child fitting Madeleine’s description towards the beach or town at about 22.00 on the night Madeleine disappeared.

“The witnesses have described the man in the e-fits as being white, aged in his 30s, with short brown hair of medium build, medium height and clean shaven.”

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/466378/Scotland-Yard-and-Portuguese-police-fall-out-over-identity-of-key-Madeleine-McCann-suspect