Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364758 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2805 on: April 02, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »
My sympathies lie with Maddie and her family who are the victims of an awful crime. Any anger should be directed at the abductor/murderer.

Offline sadie

« Reply #2806 on: April 02, 2014, 12:03:20 PM »
IMO true seekers of the truth, coming from completely opposite initial beliefs, will inevitably converge onto the single and correct solution.  8(0(*
That would be good pegasus.

That is the reason why I came on here.  For sensible discussion and the revealing of real info that the "other" side has, combined with what "our" side has found.

It would be good if we could combine our respective skills and knowledge.  Myths and half truths are no good tho.  They simply muddy the water

Let's do that.  Combine our seperate skills and factual knowledge without rancour.

Offline John

« Reply #2807 on: April 03, 2014, 08:47:20 PM »

That is the reason why I came on here.  For sensible discussion and the revealing of real info that the "other" side has, combined with what "our" side has found.

It would be good if we could combine our respective skills and knowledge.  Myths and half truths are no good tho.  They simply muddy the water

Let's do that.  Combine our seperate skills and factual knowledge without rancour.

Remind me Sadie, how many Madeleine's and Joana's have you spotted now to add to the Morocco and Amsterdam nonsense?   @)(++(*
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2808 on: April 04, 2014, 02:18:20 AM »
Well my opinion of what happened is radically different to anything I have seen posted but I am only an amateur armchair pretendy-detective on their first case so have written mainly the bit I'm moderately sure of, which is not much more than a hypothesis of an exact reason for waking  and going into another room. I find useful and interesting posts from people of widely varying opinions. Evolving a theory to fit discovered facts is the way to go IMO.

Offline Anna

« Reply #2809 on: April 20, 2014, 12:25:02 AM »
Madeleine McCann police on the trail of five British holiday flat owners - but they are refusing to cooperate

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-police-trail-five-3434162#ixzz2zMzvnyJV
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:46:13 AM by John »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline John

« Reply #2810 on: April 20, 2014, 12:44:05 AM »
Madeleine McCann police on the trail of five British holiday flat owners - but they are refusing to cooperate

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-police-trail-five-3434162#ixzz2zMzvnyJV

The article says that a full list of owners was never provided to local police but why not?  Ocean Club might not own some of the apartments but they all come under the auspices of the resort under annual agreements.  Ocean Club Resort thus know who the owners are or at least who acts for them as proxy.

I have always held the view that OCR were negligent in failing to provide proper security at the resort and also of failing to warn clients to take certain precautions when leaving the apartments.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:47:05 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pinkblossoms

« Reply #2811 on: April 20, 2014, 12:51:37 AM »

Portugal police are not being very helpful, why ? >@@(*&)

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2812 on: April 20, 2014, 01:11:16 AM »
Portugal police are not being very helpful, why ? >@@(*&)

Why indeed?

Surely it is in everyone's interest to try and find out what happened to Madeleine nearly seven years ago.

Shame on everyone who is deliberately holding up the inquiry, particularly the ex-pats.  What are they trying to hide?

“They are working hard to gather this information as quickly as possible and have appealed for full co-operation from everybody involved. But they are having to tread on eggshells.
"They would happily go round Praia da Luz and knock on doors asking everybody for information if they could.
“But they are still waiting for ­permission on the international letters of request they have sent to the ­Portuguese.” 
The formal letters are used to ask the Portuguese police to carry out certain pieces of work on the British force’s behalf.
“The frustrations at Scotland Yard are growing day by day,” said our source.
“The Portuguese police just keep referring them to what is in their files and that is not the full picture.”  http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-police-trail-five-3434162#ixzz2zNb3XPj6
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline peter claridge

« Reply #2813 on: April 20, 2014, 07:21:58 AM »
The article says that a full list of owners was never provided to local police but why not?  Ocean Club might not own some of the apartments but they all come under the auspices of the resort under annual agreements.  Ocean Club Resort thus know who the owners are or at least who acts for them as proxy.

I have always held the view that OCR were negligent in failing to provide proper security at the resort and also of failing to warn clients to take certain precautions when leaving the apartments.

Do not leave your children unattended in an unlocked apartment (not that it was unlocked) when you go out for the evening... that sort of thing?

stephen25000

« Reply #2814 on: April 20, 2014, 08:17:51 AM »
Now when it comes to newspapers talking total crapola on this case 'the mirror' cannot be beaten.

The home of the 'sardine munchers' xenophobic headline.

Can these stories and it would appear SY's efforts get any more pathetic ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2815 on: April 20, 2014, 09:26:36 AM »
Now when it comes to newspapers talking total crapola on this case 'the mirror' cannot be beaten.

The home of the 'sardine munchers' xenophobic headline.

Can these stories and it would appear SY's efforts get any more pathetic ?

In my opinion, Stephen, New Scotland Yard are doing their job.   

What is the huge problem these people have if they are prepared to obstruct the search for a missing child? 

I think newspapers are much more careful about what they print than they were back in 2007, but it remains to be seen if this story will be picked up by other media outlets, or if as in the case of the erroneous Sunday Times article, the story is retracted and an apology issued. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #2816 on: April 20, 2014, 09:31:43 AM »

What is the huge problem these people have if they are prepared to obstruct the search for a missing child? 

I think newspapers are much more careful about what they print than they were back in 2007, but it remains to be seen if this story will be picked up by other media outlets, or if as in the case of the erroneous Sunday Times article, the story is retracted and an apology issued.

Obstructing their job.

Pure speculation.

SY literally don't have a clue and they are clutching at proverbial straws in an attempt to justify the £6,000,000 plus spent so far.

it is a complete charade.

.....and of course if there is no actual evidence of abduction. >@@(*&)

Cariad

« Reply #2817 on: April 20, 2014, 10:02:26 AM »

Robert Murat was the first casualty of those trying to help the investigation and he wasn't the last. There have been reports of people being hassled by PI's and the fund.

If it were me, I think I'd have to try and help, but if I were elderly and firmly believed that I knew nothing of value, maybe I'd just want to avoid all the drama and opt for a quiet life.

This article may well be the reason they don't want to get involved. Imagine yourself in that position? You've declined to give your name to the police in relation to something that happened 7 years ago and you knew nothing about and it ends up in a national newspaper.

Not a great way to get people to comply with your wishes. 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2818 on: April 20, 2014, 10:04:57 AM »
Obstructing their job.

Pure speculation.

SY literally don't have a clue and they are clutching at proverbial straws in an attempt to justify the £6,000,000 plus spent so far.

it is a complete charade.

.....and of course if there is no actual evidence of abduction. >@@(*&)

and there won’t ever be any evidence at all of what happened to Madeleine if ‘omerta’ is the flavour of the month. 

The flat owners are one thing, the letters of request are entirely another, and if the report is accurate that nothing has been done about these, it puts an entirely different complexion on the case, IMO.

It also adds unnecessary costs to the investigation by deliberately drawing it out for longer than necessary. 

Who is to say that may not be the object of the exercise. 
The Portuguese economy is in dire straights at the moment and can well do without the expense. 
Thoughts of a General Election are looming in Britain.

Any one who may be involved in Madeleine's disappearance in any way, must be ecstatic about what is going on. 

If as it now seems, there is not the will in Portugal to progress the case, these will be the beneficiaries.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2819 on: April 20, 2014, 10:09:53 AM »
Robert Murat was the first casualty of those trying to help the investigation and he wasn't the last. There have been reports of people being hassled by PI's and the fund.

If it were me, I think I'd have to try and help, but if I were elderly and firmly believed that I knew nothing of value, maybe I'd just want to avoid all the drama and opt for a quiet life.

This article may well be the reason they don't want to get involved. Imagine yourself in that position? You've declined to give your name to the police in relation to something that happened 7 years ago and you knew nothing about and it ends up in a national newspaper.

Not a great way to get people to comply with your wishes.

I would think black burning shame of myself if I abrogated my civic and humane duty and refused to assist in the search for a missing child.