Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364702 times)

stephen25000

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #2985 on: May 07, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »
Unless physical evidence is found they don't confirm anything..that's what Grime says

You seem a bit worried .

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2986 on: May 07, 2014, 08:18:03 PM »
You seem a bit worried .

why should I be worried ...Ive got an alibi

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2987 on: May 07, 2014, 08:40:59 PM »
Unless physical evidence is found they don't confirm anything..that's what Grime says
In the Barrentos case even though the body was no longer there the two EVRDs both independently confirmed that perp did bury the body where claimed.

stephen25000

« Reply #2988 on: May 07, 2014, 08:41:46 PM »
why should I be worried ...Ive got an alibi

8((()*/

Mr. Smith.  8)--))

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2989 on: May 07, 2014, 08:43:51 PM »
Thanks. Presumably she would have been left on the surface, rather than buried if this was just a temporary place - I wonder if the dogs could detect anything so many years after?

Those "useless" cadaver dogs detected the LISK burial grounds on their tea break.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2990 on: May 07, 2014, 09:14:30 PM »
IMO these reported digs are all psychological tactics.. and they are not designed for Kate and Gerry.  ;)

I am not sure why people in here don't read the files or at least the previous threads when making comments about the EVRD dogs.

My question  here for those posters is:

You claim EVRD dogs alerted on cadaver scent of Madeleine. Where, and at which place Madeleine's scent of being dead has been found?

Eh?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:17:01 PM by VIXTE »

Offline insider

« Reply #2991 on: May 07, 2014, 10:10:56 PM »
Quite a few things are going to be revealed over the forthcoming weeks.  I wouldn't be surprised if you see some old faces on the turf in Praia da Luz.  8(0(*
Liars come in all shapes and sizes. No profession is without them.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2992 on: May 07, 2014, 10:13:39 PM »
I thought Eddie has died?  8-)(--)

Offline John

« Reply #2993 on: May 07, 2014, 10:32:02 PM »
It is unfortunate that the latest revelations in respect of the search for Madeleine are going to be played out just as we are about to enter the tourist season.  It could very well turn into another media circus if SY aren't careful.  In addition, the news that a Portuguese judge has refused warrants in respect of several former Ocean Club employees is not good.  This could very well be the excuse that in the fullness of time could see this case shelved yet again.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #2994 on: May 07, 2014, 10:36:17 PM »

Very similar to drug detection equipment. They can identify when drugs have been in contact with something, it is then up to to police to find the drugs.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline John

« Reply #2995 on: May 07, 2014, 10:38:40 PM »
Scotland Yard detectives have arrived in Portugal to oversee the excavation of a number of sites as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The digs for evidence are to take place at several locations in the resort where the youngster vanished in 2007.

Forensics officers are due to use ground penetrating radar equipment to aid the search at three sites in Praia da Luz.

Madeleine disappeared from the apartment she was staying in with her parents and two siblings on May 3, 2007. She was three years old at the time.

Officers from Scotland Yard arrive at Faro Airport.

Officers from the Metropolitan Police have also identified three potential suspects they want to talk to, not necessarily around Madeleine's disappearance, but who had been involved in break-ins in the area.

However, they have reportedly been refused permission by Portuguese authorities to search the homes of these burglary suspects, who used to work at the Ocean Complex at the time Madeleine vanished.

Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt, in Praia da Luz, said: "That's a blow for Scotland Yard."

He said disagreements over leaks to the media may delay British police in their efforts to scour areas they will be given access to.

"I'm not sure that those searches are going to begin quite so quickly," he said.

Scotland Yard's DCI Redwood leads his team through Faro Airport.

"The Portuguese are making it very clear that they were not happy with journalists being briefed. It's not something that happens in this country and in fact, the Portuguese authorities, according to the Scotland Yard message last night, had threatened to stop any of the work once it begins if they hear that Scotland Yard are talking to reporters, or indeed if reporters are in any way disrupting the work.

"I get a sense that because of this developing row, that may put off what is going to happen soon, but maybe not in the next couple of days as we anticipated."

Kate McCann told Sky News last week, on the seventh anniversary of her daughter's disappearance, that she needed to know what happened - even if it was the "worst-case scenario".

"Madeleine's either alive or she isn't and we can't change that."

Report Courtesy Sky News.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:15:44 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline pegasus

« Reply #2996 on: May 07, 2014, 10:41:19 PM »
The Scotland Yard team arrived in Portugal earlier this evening.
Excellent.
IIRC did an earlier report say they had already sent a small advance team for low-key pre-examination of the locations?

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #2997 on: May 07, 2014, 10:42:08 PM »
It is unfortunate that the latest revelations in respect of the search for Madeleine are going to be played out just as we are about to enter the tourist season.  It could very well turn into another media circus if SY aren't careful.  In addition, the news that a Portuguese judge has refused warrants in respect of several former Ocean Club employees is not good.  This could very well be the excuse that in the fullness of time could see this case shelved yet again.

It is good you mention the tourist season. I think this is the double-edged sword for the Portuguese. It is not like they have nothing to lose if they don't cooperate.
I have seen calls on mumsnet and elsewhere to boycott Portugal for their police neglecting Madeleine's case and for not investigating attacks on children.
Mumsnet are powerful in the PR machinery.

Silkywhiskers

« Reply #2998 on: May 07, 2014, 10:47:07 PM »
As far as affecting tourist season, PDL has been affected for 7 long years now so hopefully the influx of world media will mean it's a good year for once.

I would be there if I could.

I might even go, yet. 

Offline misty

« Reply #2999 on: May 07, 2014, 10:52:41 PM »
Are the UK dogs now trained with human remains (was illegal, only pigs were used) - otherwise, what is the point of using them?