Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364790 times)

Offline Heriberto Janosch

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3360 on: June 30, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »
At last?

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-06-30/scotland-yard-to-question-four-formal-suspects-in-madeleine-mccann-investigation/

Scotland Yard is to begin questioning four formal suspects in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, ITV News understands.

Officers will begin questioning the four people - identified as arguidos, meaning formal suspects - tomorrow at a police station in Faro, Portugal.

Eight key witnesses will also be questioned.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:49:51 AM by Heriberto Janosch »

stephen25000

« Reply #3361 on: June 30, 2014, 07:48:47 PM »
At last?

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-06-30/scotland-yard-to-question-four-formal-suspects-in-madeleine-mccann-investigation/

Scotland Yard is to begin questioning four formal suspects in the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, ITV News understands.

Officers will begin questioning the four people - identified as arguidos, meaning formal suspects - tomorrow at a police station in Faro, Portugal.

Eight key witnesses will also be questioned.

KEY WITNESSES OF WHAT EXACTLY ?

Merely persons of interest. 8**8:/: 8**8:/:

Offline jassi

« Reply #3362 on: June 30, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »

KEY WITNESSES OF WHAT EXACTLY ?

Merely persons of interest. 8**8:/: 8**8:/:

And obviously not suspects, so not arrested
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3363 on: June 30, 2014, 07:59:18 PM »
And obviously not suspects, so not arrested

the mccanns were not arrested but they were referred to as prime suspects

Offline jassi

« Reply #3364 on: June 30, 2014, 08:03:55 PM »
the mccanns were not arrested but they were referred to as prime suspects

They were made aguidos. These 8, who were heralded as going to be imminently arrested, according to the media, are now described as witnesses.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3365 on: June 30, 2014, 08:07:14 PM »
They were made aguidos. These 8, who were heralded as going to be imminently arrested, according to the media, are now described as witnesses.

so none of these are to be made arguidos

Offline jassi

« Reply #3366 on: June 30, 2014, 08:08:38 PM »
so none of these are to be made arguidos

Not according to the report, that status is reserved for a different 4.

Or maybe not -

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3367 on: June 30, 2014, 08:09:14 PM »
The report mentions 4 formal suspects, did you not read that bit?

Offline jassi

« Reply #3368 on: June 30, 2014, 08:10:54 PM »
The report mentions 4 formal suspects, did you not read that bit?

Yes, they are an additional 4 and are supposed to be aguidos.

Or maybe not -

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3369 on: June 30, 2014, 08:16:58 PM »
it was just over two weeks ago that the papers reported arrests "in the very near future" - patience dear Faithlilly, patience.
There you see?  All it takes is a little patience...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3370 on: June 30, 2014, 09:35:38 PM »
Madeleine McCann Police To Interview Suspects
British detectives are back in Portugal to speak to a key witness and several suspects as part of the second phase of their probe.

British police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have returned to Portugal to question a number of suspects.

They will be speaking to a key witness, as well as several individuals suspected of carrying out burglaries, as part of the second phase of the Scotland Yard probe on the ground in The Algarve.

The same team of British police who were involved in the digging of several sites outside the resort of Praia da Luz earlier in June arrived back in Portugal on Monday.

Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "They will be joining their Portuguese colleagues and sitting in on a series of interviews with, I'm told, first a key witness, and then a number of people who are being described as aguidos (suspects).

"We think that this includes the three or more former workers from the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz where Madeleine vanished who are suspected of carrying out a series of burglaries in the months leading up to Madeleine's disappearance.

"Scotland Yard have made it clear for a while, if not publicly, that they are interested in talking to these suspects.

"Now it may be just a question of eliminating them, but they have certainly been flagged up during the Scotland Yard review of the original police investigation by the Portuguese, people of interest who need to be interviewed, who may become, in a sense, more official suspects, but certainly people that Scotland Yard believe could have vital information about Madeleine's disappearance."

Madeleine vanished from a holiday apartment in the resort of Praia da Luz in May 2007 while her parents Gerry and Kate, from Rothley in Leicestershire, dined with friends nearby.

An area of scrubland to the west of the resort was sealed off by Portuguese police and excavated by the British team on June 2.

Searches of a second and then third site were similarly carried out, with the use of sniffer dogs from South Wales Police, of an area between Praia da Luz and the town of Lagos behind a water treatment plant on June 11.

Sky News also learned an object recovered from the initial searches was sent away for analysis.

Scotland Yard has refused to reveal what intelligence led them to carry out the digs - and to give any updates on their progress.

http://news.sky.com/story/1292497/madeleine-mccann-police-to-interview-suspects
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #3371 on: June 30, 2014, 09:37:45 PM »
Madeleine McCann Police To Interview Suspects
British detectives are back in Portugal to speak to a key witness and several suspects as part of the second phase of their probe.

British police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann have returned to Portugal to question a number of suspects.

They will be speaking to a key witness, as well as several individuals suspected of carrying out burglaries, as part of the second phase of the Scotland Yard probe on the ground in The Algarve.

The same team of British police who were involved in the digging of several sites outside the resort of Praia da Luz earlier in June arrived back in Portugal on Monday.

Sky's Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "They will be joining their Portuguese colleagues and sitting in on a series of interviews with, I'm told, first a key witness, and then a number of people who are being described as aguidos (suspects).

"We think that this includes the three or more former workers from the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz where Madeleine vanished who are suspected of carrying out a series of burglaries in the months leading up to Madeleine's disappearance.

"Scotland Yard have made it clear for a while, if not publicly, that they are interested in talking to these suspects.

"Now it may be just a question of eliminating them, but they have certainly been flagged up during the Scotland Yard review of the original police investigation by the Portuguese, people of interest who need to be interviewed, who may become, in a sense, more official suspects, but certainly people that Scotland Yard believe could have vital information about Madeleine's disappearance."

Madeleine vanished from a holiday apartment in the resort of Praia da Luz in May 2007 while her parents Gerry and Kate, from Rothley in Leicestershire, dined with friends nearby.

An area of scrubland to the west of the resort was sealed off by Portuguese police and excavated by the British team on June 2.

Searches of a second and then third site were similarly carried out, with the use of sniffer dogs from South Wales Police, of an area between Praia da Luz and the town of Lagos behind a water treatment plant on June 11.

Sky News also learned an object recovered from the initial searches was sent away for analysis.

Scotland Yard has refused to reveal what intelligence led them to carry out the digs - and to give any updates on their progress.

http://news.sky.com/story/1292497/madeleine-mccann-police-to-interview-suspects

and the digs resulted in what exactly ?

Oh i know , more holes in Portugal.

Offline sadie

« Reply #3372 on: June 30, 2014, 09:39:48 PM »
Martin Brunt on video

Scroll down for video[hopefully]

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/video/police-quiz-madeleine-suspects-191003193.html

Pls can anyone present it as a straight video that only has to be clicked on to get it going.  Thanks in anticipation

The main video has, surprise, surprise, vanished.  How long before this one is disabled?

To Heriberto Janosch
All I can say is "Thankyou Heri, for letting us know about this".  Truly exciting news.

I have the names you forecast about six months ago.  Am hoping that you held the golden key to solving this crime. 
You have done such a huge amount of investigative work.  Fingers crossed for you, Heri

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3373 on: June 30, 2014, 11:01:52 PM »
Yeah right

Soz Faith .... but that is kinda straws, grasping at, dont you think?
Yes, I think so.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3374 on: June 30, 2014, 11:03:54 PM »
Yeah right

Soz Faith .... but that is kinda straws, grasping at, dont you think?

It's a perfectly logical assumption sadie. Whether I'm right or not remains to be seen.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?