Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364709 times)

Offline colombosstogey

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3405 on: July 03, 2014, 05:12:26 AM »
So according to the BBC last night the interviews of 4 people have been completed and nothing new, no further developments reported.

What a surprise NOT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28123433
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:15:23 AM by colombosstogey »

stephen25000

« Reply #3406 on: July 03, 2014, 06:49:13 AM »
So according to the BBC last night the interviews of 4 people have been completed and nothing new, no further developments reported.

What a surprise NOT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28123433

The papers seem rather quiet on this.

The 'star' being somewhat economical with the truth, to say the least. Implying the links point to these people being involved in the case AS 'SUSPECTS'.

Now that's a bit of wee magic. Otherwise called clutching at micro straws.....
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:52:38 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3407 on: July 03, 2014, 07:24:30 AM »
The papers seem rather quiet on this.

The 'star' being somewhat economical with the truth, to say the least. Implying the links point to these people being involved in the case AS 'SUSPECTS'.

Now that's a bit of wee magic. Otherwise called clutching at micro straws.....

I expect the next step will be rog letters to get the dna and fingerprints

stephen25000

« Reply #3408 on: July 03, 2014, 07:39:32 AM »
I expect the next step will be rog letters to get the dna and fingerprints

They have said no already.

Why should they change theiir minds ?

and under what obligation are they to follow the orders of SY ?

The PJ probably already know the interviews were a complete waste of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3409 on: July 03, 2014, 07:50:53 AM »
They have said no already.

Why should they change theiir minds ?

and under what obligation are they to follow the orders of SY ?

The PJ probably already know the interviews were a complete waste of time.

They said no to the interviews..remember..perhaps not...they were then forced to agree as I predicted...I see the same happening with dna and prints

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3410 on: July 03, 2014, 07:51:30 AM »
They were in touch again at 9.51pm as Madeleine’s GP mum walked to her apartment to find her then three-year-old daughter missing.

That's interesting. I've been telling you guys that time for months when Kate left the table i.e. alarm raised before 10pm and everyone was shouting she left at 10pm LOL. At least I know they may be working from a correct timeline i.e. same as mine and GM said his incorrect exact 10:03. I wonder what they think about that 10:03 and what it connects to >@@(*&)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:55:00 AM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3411 on: July 03, 2014, 07:53:12 AM »
They are actually very interesting times altogether.

stephen25000

« Reply #3412 on: July 03, 2014, 07:58:17 AM »
They said no to the interviews..remember..perhaps not...they were then forced to agree as I predicted...I see the same happening with dna and prints

Or they could say, pizz off and stop wasting our time and money on false leads, which you know are being used to justify spending a load of UK tax payers money.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3413 on: July 03, 2014, 08:05:32 AM »
Or they could say, pizz off and stop wasting our time and money on false leads, which you know are being used to justify spending a load of UK tax payers money.

This us exactly what posters said last time ...have you forgotten

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3414 on: July 03, 2014, 09:04:21 AM »
Madeleine McCann suspects kept regular phone contact, police say

Three suspects were in phone contact with each other during Madeleine McCann’s disappearance, police say.

By Jerry Lawton/Published 3rd July 2014

Madeleine McCann, missing, Portugal, disappearance, child, baby, holiday, police, suspects MISSING: Madeleine McCann has been missing since May 2007 [PA]

Detectives believe they were targeting the family until the moment the alarm was raised about Madeleine vanishing.

They have uncovered a series of eight calls and texts suggesting they were monitoring her parents, Kate and Gerry, before a raid on their apartment in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May, 2007.

Detectives are trying to discover if they intended to carry out a burglary or if they had a more sinister motive for watching the McCanns.

The first call was placed by Suspect A, a 51-year-old heroin addict, to Suspect B, a beggar then aged just 16, at 12.08pm the day before Madeleine vanished.

B then swapped four phone calls and texts with Suspect C, a 33-year-old ex-Ocean Club driver with convictions for theft, on May 3.

The first was at 5.26pm, at the precise time when Madeleine was leaving the resort’s crčche.

A text message was exchanged at 9.25pm when two of the McCanns’ holiday pals left their dinner in a tapas bar to check on the group’s children who were asleep in the nearby apartments.

The two suspects were in contact again at 9.38pm when one of the McCanns’ pals Jane Tanner left the restaurant to check on her children.

They were in touch again at 9.51pm as Madeleine’s GP mum walked to her apartment to find her then three-year-old daughter missing.

“According to a Portuguese news­paper, thefts had tripled at the Ocean Club at the time Madeleine vanished”
Later that evening, A made three calls from a public phone box in the resort to B.

Police have still not traced a man seen carrying a sleeping blonde girl in pyjamas towards the resort’s beach at 10pm.

Yesterday Scotland Yard officers including Det Chief Insp Andy Redwood joined Portuguese detectives continuing to investigate the three men linked by the calls.

Sources said suspicious hair had also been found that did not match Madeleine’s DNA. According to Portuguese newspapers a request to obtain DNA and fingerprints from the three men was refused.

They deny any involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance and have answered more than 250 police questions.

Yesterday Brit police sniffer dogs were brought in to examine the cars of suspects A and C.

According to a Portuguese news­paper, thefts had tripled at the Ocean Club at the time Madeleine vanished.

None of the men commented as they left a police station in Faro.

A friend of Suspect A, whom a private detective hired by the McCanns said would “do anything for his next fix”, insisted he was innocent.

“He was indoors the night Madeleine disappeared,’’ his pal said.

“It’s inhuman a sick man like him has been dragged before the police.’’

A fourth suspect, a Russian, was also questioned. Yesterday police officers were quizzing eight people as witnesses.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/386992/Madeleine-McCann-suspects-kept-regular-phone-contact

I’m never too sure about ‘revelations’ in the tabloids but I found the way this one was structured quite interesting. 

I do not think this is a Portuguese leak.

I felt a chill when I read it. 

I do not believe the communications on the night before Madeleine was taken and the communications at key times on the 3rd were the prelude to arranging a burglary to steal tourists’ mobile phones or watches. 
They were after something far more valuable. 
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Benice

« Reply #3415 on: July 03, 2014, 10:49:30 AM »
I’m never too sure about ‘revelations’ in the tabloids but I found the way this one was structured quite interesting. 

I do not believe the communications on the night before Madeleine was taken and the communications at key times on the 3rd were the prelude to arranging a burglary to steal tourists’ mobile phones or watches. 
[/b]

A very valid point IMO Brietta.
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimăo. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

stephen25000

« Reply #3416 on: July 03, 2014, 10:52:10 AM »
[/b]

A very valid point IMO Brietta.

Valid in what way ?

It's pure speculation.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3417 on: July 03, 2014, 11:04:06 AM »
You can believe that a green spotted fairy might tap you on the back every ten minutes, but it doesn't make it true anymore than your last sentence.

It's called wishful thinking.

I know you would much prefer the investigation to be steering a different course and interviewing people of your choosing. 
Whether or not one is naďve enough to believe slavishly everything which is printed in the tabloids anxious for a story, any story; there is no doubt that the Met are following a line of inquiry which does not touch on your preferred option. 

We know from the files that there is unaccounted for forensic evidence collected from apartment 5a. 

It will be interesting to see if that takes us anywhere when the necessary permissions are granted to check it out. 

My "wishful thinking" is that the current investigation leads to finding out what happened to Madeleine McCann and apprehending those responsible. 

Until then I am content to allow the police to get on with their job. 

It is plain there are those who do not share that sentiment; but I think there are very worried individuals out there who might be rightly concerned that their seven year break from scrutiny is about to be cancelled.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3418 on: July 03, 2014, 11:08:54 AM »

So if it's not a Portuguese leak are you suggesting SY are leaking information ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #3419 on: July 03, 2014, 07:19:35 PM »

That's interesting. I've been telling you guys that time for months when Kate left the table i.e. alarm raised before 10pm and everyone was shouting she left at 10pm LOL. At least I know they may be working from a correct timeline i.e. same as mine and GM said his incorrect exact 10:03. I wonder what they think about that 10:03 and what it connects to >@@(*&)

So they know Smithmans true identity. 9:51 Kate leaves table. Remember 10:03! It only connects to one thing!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:27:09 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.