Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364730 times)

Offline pinkblossoms

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3480 on: July 08, 2014, 11:21:28 PM »
So I read, elsewhere.  Maybe someone has saved the original and can post it for all to see.

Who is bothered or interested in peoples personal affairs you lot will get off on anything easy pleased arnt you   8-)(--)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:24:34 PM by Eleanor »

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3481 on: July 08, 2014, 11:24:07 PM »
I read them in other forums from persons who attended the trial and I am not in a position to repeat them. But anyway, it is disgraceful the work of the British press who ignores all the other relevant aspects of the hearing and only repeats this story of Sean and the radio of the school bus. If the journalists did their work, you wouldn't have to ask what the judge and lawyers asked.
Perhaps you could let us have a link to a Portuguese news report of these vitally important questions?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3482 on: July 08, 2014, 11:31:32 PM »
Sadly, I don't have a lot of faith in The Portuguese Press.

I have absolutely none in anonymous postings on 'other forums'.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3483 on: July 08, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »
I have absolutely none in anonymous postings on 'other forums'.
Especially not ones where lots of "doubting" goes on.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3484 on: July 08, 2014, 11:44:36 PM »
Here is today's report from CdeM - compare and contrast with the "shockingly biased" UK report that shockingly failed to report the very important judge's questions:

Parents of Madeleine McCann say book of Gonçalo Amaral "is shocking"

The parents of Madeleine McCann felt that the book challenged the continued investigation into the disappearance of her daughter
Today, 14h41
Number of votes  (0)
Comments  (1)

The parents of Madeleine McCann said on Tuesday in court that the book of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral, 'is shocking' and was 'an affront' to the family of the missing child in the Algarve.

"Before and during the reading of the book, I felt anguish, despair and anger," said Gerry McCann, father of Madeleine McCann, who disappeared on the night of May 3, 2007. Already Kate McCann said she felt "despair because of the injustices "published in the book of former PJ inspector, having been" very painful "since the publication implies the participation of parents in the child's disappearance.

The McCanns gave evidence during the trial that takes place in the Palace of Justice in Lisbon, the process in which they seek compensation of EUR 1.2 million for defamation of former PJ inspector.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3485 on: July 08, 2014, 11:48:50 PM »
And here's another Portuguese report, oddly this one doesn't mention the vitally important judge's questions either...

The parents of Madeleine McCann said today in court that the book of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral, "is shocking" and was "an affront" to the family of the missing child in the Algarve.

"Before and during the reading of the book, I felt anguish, despair and anger," said Gerry McCann, father of Madeleine McCann, who disappeared on the night of May 3, 2007.

Have Kate McCann said she felt "despair because of injustices" public in the book of former PJ inspector, having been "very painful", once the book implies the participation of parents in the child's disappearance.

The McCanns gave evidence during the trial that takes place in the Palace of Justice in Lisbon, the process in which they seek compensation of EUR 1.2 million for defamation of former PJ inspector.

The parents of Madeleine McCann felt that the book, read by hundreds of thousands of people, called into question the continuing investigation into the disappearance of her daughter and took the majority of the Portuguese population acreditassse that the child was dead and who had staged one abduction.
http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?content_id=4014685

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #3486 on: July 09, 2014, 12:23:49 AM »
And here's another Portuguese report, oddly this one doesn't mention the vitally important judge's questions either...

The parents of Madeleine McCann said today in court that the book of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral, "is shocking" and was "an affront" to the family of the missing child in the Algarve.

"Before and during the reading of the book, I felt anguish, despair and anger," said Gerry McCann, father of Madeleine McCann, who disappeared on the night of May 3, 2007.

Have Kate McCann said she felt "despair because of injustices" public in the book of former PJ inspector, having been "very painful", once the book implies the participation of parents in the child's disappearance.

The parents of Madeleine McCann felt that the book, read by hundreds of thousands of people, called into question the continuing investigation into the disappearance of her daughter and took the majority of the Portuguese population acreditassse that the child was dead and who had staged one abduction.

Really, no questions asked in Portugal press report?
But the Mirror UK press does,

Asked how she felt when she first read Amaral’s book, she replied: “I was ­devastated. It made me feel quite desperate because of injustice I felt towards my daughter and our family.

Kate and Gerry are suing Amaral for libel, claiming his book and interviews on TV and radio are wrecking their bid to find their daughter, who was three when she vanished.

Asked about a 2009 ­Portuguese TV documentary, based on the book, Kate said: “To be honest it felt even worse with regards to the potential power and damage. I felt the documentary was Mr Amaral being even more insistent.

Asked about how Sean and his twin sister Amelie have been coping with the ­relentless bad publicity, Kate replied: “They know Mr Amaral has written a book and about the documentary. Sean asked me in October, ‘Mr Amaral said you hid Madeleine, didn’t he?’ I just said, ‘He did, he said a lot of silly things.’”

Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3487 on: July 09, 2014, 12:27:08 AM »

Looks like a press release to me. Notice the almost identical words used. Seems Portuguese journalists are just as lazy as British ones.

Seems what isn't being reported is the fact that Gerry made an absolute numpty of himself by mentioning the dogs and even when the judge pointed out that this was a civil trial and not a criminal one it didn't stop him. In fact only the judge asking him specifically if he was a dog expert seemed to depress the self-destruct button.

I get the feeling the judge wasn't very impressed by the McCanns.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3488 on: July 09, 2014, 07:59:00 AM »
“I think Mr Amaral’s book had most impact in Portugal. It was read by hundreds of thousands of people and this has been fortified by multiple media interviews. If they believed what he said, that Madeleine was dead, or that we were involved, they would not look for Madeleine and they would not come forward with information.”

Is this kind of supposition evidence really admissible in court?

Is there any evidence that people haven't come forward with information in the past 7 years, specifically because of Amarals book or the documentary?

No, that's right, there ain't.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #3489 on: July 09, 2014, 08:02:12 AM »
“I think Mr Amaral’s book had most impact in Portugal. It was read by hundreds of thousands of people and this has been fortified by multiple media interviews. If they believed what he said, that Madeleine was dead, or that we were involved, they would not look for Madeleine and they would not come forward with information.”

Is this kind of supposition evidence really admissible in court?

Is there any evidence that people haven't come forward with information in the past 7 years, specifically because of Amarals book or the documentary?

No, that's right, there ain't.

..............and that is the point.

It was pure bluster by the mccanns, with the usual cliched speech outside the courtroom.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3490 on: July 09, 2014, 08:21:39 AM »
This is a post for Montclair from a severe anti forum giving their version of how the trial went...

Lisa Edington We will have a report on this mornings proceedings within the next 2 hours. Session finished for today and neither of the McCann's had much to say when on the stand (FG)

@)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3491 on: July 09, 2014, 08:22:41 AM »
Anyone noticed their seems to be far less posters attacking the mccanns on this forum now...perhaps the truth is being realised

stephen25000

« Reply #3492 on: July 09, 2014, 08:23:58 AM »
Anyone noticed their seems to be far less posters attacking the mccanns on this forum now...perhaps the truth is being realised

No dave.

You just don't know what's going on. 8)-))) 8(0(*

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3493 on: July 09, 2014, 08:27:57 AM »
No dave.

You just don't know what's going on. 8)-))) 8(0(*

oh but I do Stephen...and I like it

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3494 on: July 09, 2014, 08:44:06 AM »
Gerry McCann: There's no doubt the... the... the... damage done has... has been severe. I mean, we've got people here screaming things and if that is representative of what people in this country and other countries think, then, you know, we're fighting a losing battle.

@)(++(*

Damn, if one in several million people don't believe them, they might aswell give up now right.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:44:00 AM by John »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.