Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364681 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3615 on: August 23, 2014, 09:05:40 AM »
'But now detectives have been given the go-ahead to question the remaining suspects they believe hold vital information that could help them crack the case.

Analysis of mobile phone data suggests at least three of them were close to the scene when three-year-old Madeleine vanished at the resort on May 3, 2007, and were in contact in the hours that followed.....................................

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:28:54 AM by Eleanor »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

« Reply #3616 on: August 23, 2014, 09:08:13 AM »
Shame the un named cowardly Portuguese source hasn't got the guts to give his name. if the Portuguese had carried out a proper investigation in the first place none of this would have been necessary

Pure rollocks.

Just more xenophobia.

The truth hurts.

No mention of the unnamed Mirror sources davel.

Are they 'cowardly' with no 'guts' either ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3617 on: August 23, 2014, 09:10:20 AM »
Pure rollocks.

Just more xenophobia.

The truth hurts.

No mention of the unnamed Mirror sources davel.

Are they 'cowardly' with no 'guts' either ?

anyone who makes a derogatory anonymous statement is cowardly...

stephen25000

« Reply #3618 on: August 23, 2014, 09:12:43 AM »
So anyone have a link showing Chelsea Hoffmann and Stephen Birch ?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3619 on: August 23, 2014, 09:50:22 AM »
I must admit that I thought no-one involved – even just on the periphery as a witness to something - would break ranks because it would be too risky to do so; but as you say, future developments should be compelling.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:47:10 AM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3620 on: August 23, 2014, 09:52:42 AM »
What ?

I have the distinct impression that you are less than happy that the Met investigation is set to continue in Portugal.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #3621 on: August 23, 2014, 09:58:25 AM »
I have the distinct impression that you are less than happy that the Met investigation is set to continue in Portugal.

Not quite Brietta.

It more than appears SY are clutching at straws and this is the last throw of the dice.

..and don't forget if the Portuguese don't like what's going on, END OF INVESTIGATION. 8(0(*

P.S. We've heard this kind of story before, and what has happened ???
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 10:08:44 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Carana

« Reply #3622 on: August 23, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »
Not quite Brietta.

It more than appears SY are clutching at straws and this is the last throw of the dice.

..and don't forget if the Portuguese don't like what's going on, END OF INVESTIGATION. 8(0(*

I don't see how. The Portuguese investigation may well wind up towards the end of the year, as there are now arguidos, unless new arguidos are constituted.

However, there is still the aspect of international cooperation vis-à-vis the UK investigation. The PT authorities could, of course, reject some requests, but it wouldn't look to good if they started refusing all requests.

stephen25000

« Reply #3623 on: August 23, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »
I don't see how. The Portuguese investigation may well wind up towards the end of the year, as there are now arguidos, unless new arguidos are constituted.

However, there is still the aspect of international cooperation vis-à-vis the UK investigation. The PT authorities could, of course, reject some requests, but it wouldn't look to good if they started refusing all requests.

I suspect it has become even with Cameron, who allowed this investigation, the money pot will run out, with zero results to show.

and what if the new arguidos do a 'kate mccann' and refuse to answer questions ?

Nothing I have seen to date will allow this case to reach a conclusion, bar a confession.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3624 on: August 23, 2014, 11:07:11 AM »
Not quite Brietta.

P.S. We've heard this kind of story before, and what has happened ???

I don’t believe we have heard this kind of story before; nor have we had such an intensive professional investigation into what happened to Madeleine McCann; it is regrettable only in that the Portuguese authorities have disallowed joint working. 

I am sure there are those in Portuguese society who already “don’t like what’s going on”, no doubt for many reasons; but in my opinion prime amongst them will be those who know and who are responsible for what happened to Madeleine on the 3rd and thereafter.

If NSY “are clutching at straws” among them are the straws that the initial investigation ignored; the fact that there are so many is an indictment on the way that investigation was conducted.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3625 on: August 23, 2014, 11:11:45 AM »
I suspect it has become even with Cameron, who allowed this investigation, the money pot will run out, with zero results to show.

and what if the new arguidos do a 'kate mccann' and refuse to answer questions ?

Nothing I have seen to date will allow this case to reach a conclusion, bar a confession.
but if they didn't answer questions that would prove they are guilty...according to the doubters on this forum

stephen25000

« Reply #3626 on: August 23, 2014, 11:14:58 AM »
but if they didn't answer questions that would prove they are guilty...according to the doubters on this forum

So just like kate mccann davel ? %£&)**# %£&)**# %£&)**#

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3627 on: August 23, 2014, 11:17:36 AM »

The change in the law which came into force days after the Drs McCann were made arguidos means that evidence had to be presented against the "new arguidos" before they could be constituted as such.

I presume if they refuse to answer questions that evidence will be strong enough to allow proceedings to continue; as we have seen in Mr Malinka's case, he appears to have been successful in contesting the evidence presented against him; the other three remain arguidos.

Time will tell.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3628 on: August 23, 2014, 11:19:57 AM »
So just like kate mccann davel ? %£&)**# %£&)**# %£&)**#

you are missing the subtle point...if they refused to answer questions according to some on this forum that would indicate guilt...as they AND Kate can't both be guilty then it follows that a refusal to answer questions does not indicate guilt...perfect logic at it's best

stephen25000

« Reply #3629 on: August 23, 2014, 11:29:37 AM »
you are missing the subtle point...if they refused to answer questions according to some on this forum that would indicate guilt...as they AND Kate can't both be guilty then it follows that a refusal to answer questions does not indicate guilt...perfect logic at it's best

You are no Mr. Spock davel.

It is also quite possible that kate mccann refused to answer to cover the truth and not just because her legal adviser told her to do so. Also, there would have been the danger of contradicting her husband's account of events. Remember her answer to the last question. ?{)(**

So implicitly, as we know the mccanns did not fully cooperate with the investigation.

As to the new arguidos, they were investigated by the Portuguese before , and they found nothing.

and quite frankly there would now be a fear of being 'fitted up' for a crime whose nature has not be ascertained.