Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364718 times)

Offline slartibartfast

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #3870 on: November 11, 2014, 09:57:11 PM »

Being in PDL on that night does not necessarily mean they were 'around'

Around PDL, maybe sitting watching telly.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3871 on: November 11, 2014, 10:02:26 PM »
I do wish that PT would develop a PJ press service. Every media outlet seems to say something different...

So far, the bottom line seems to be that several people are going to be interviewed later this month.
Some as arguidos.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3872 on: November 11, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »
Well, it appears the SY found some communication between the OC workers and the local residents of whom some were British. And also the British ones had a communication with the Portuguese ones.

That might be all normal but if any of these people was questioned and said for example that they were sleeping or that they weren't around or if they communicated with someone with a criminal record that is then worth investigating..

I wonder if  these people who are to be interviewed already informed about it.

If they weren't it would be interesting watching them while they were reading the news  8(0(*

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3873 on: November 11, 2014, 10:59:22 PM »
British expats to be quizzed in Madeleine case

BY BRENDAN DE BEER, IN NEWS · 11-11-2014 19:59:00 · 0 COMMENTS

Sources close to the investigation involving the search for missing British toddler Madeleine McCann, have today told The Portugal News two British expats are set to be declared formal suspects or arquidos. Another two Britons will be called in as witnesses.

British expats to be quizzed in Madeleine case

Dates confirmed for questioning have been confirmed as being afrom November 24 to 28 at the PJ police headquarters in Faro.

Sources told said the questioning of suspects was unlikely to stretch beyond this period.

Any new requests will have to come in the form of a new letter of international request.

Sources said there are 11 persons of interest, of which seven will be declared arguidos, and four will be heard as witnesses.
There are two Britons in either of these groups.

The two British witnesses are a couple (a man and a woman), but the two British suspects are not related in any way and are both men.

The seven suspects do not include any of the four questioned over the summer.

The Brits were all resident in Portugal at the time of her disappearance and have remained here since, sources said.

The theory that Madeleine was abducted by someone passing through,remains a scenario which Portuguese police continue to believe to be among the most probable.

Detectives from Scotland Yard are expected to sit in during questioning of suspects, but sources said today no official request had yet been received from London, though this appears to be a mere formality.

The source of this news is a mathematician?  @)(++(*

Offline jassi

« Reply #3874 on: November 12, 2014, 08:10:38 AM »
Around PDL, maybe sitting watching telly.

Ah yes, watching the football  ?{)(**
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #3875 on: November 12, 2014, 10:58:23 AM »
The Portuguese national newspaper Correio da Manha (Morning Post) yesterday reported that three British nationals, two men and one woman, are among the suspects being investigated in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and will be questioned by the Judicial Police in Faro. The article added that at least one other foreign national and three Portuguese will also be heard as witnesses before the end of the month.

www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/tres_britanicos_suspeitos_do_desaparecimento_de_maddie.html

All Correio da Manha articles about Maddie (English)

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cmjornal.xl.pt%2Fpesquisa.html%3Fq%3Dmaddie
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:18:50 AM by Mr Moderator »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #3876 on: November 12, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »
I am still wondering whether the individuals are already informed about the questioning.

Is there anything in PT law to say they have to know it in advance?

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #3877 on: November 12, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »
I am still wondering whether the individuals are already informed about the questioning.

Is there anything in PT law to say they have to know it in advance?

Thing is if they did take the child they would be long gone now wouldnt they if they had read the news? Especially from the last lot of questioning, and even this lot if they are British they can move freely they are not arrested are they, all very odd. I said to my old man months ago, i bet you like the boomarang we will come back to the beginning...........

Offline jassi

« Reply #3878 on: November 12, 2014, 01:25:30 PM »
Nobody will be arrested in Portugal until there is sufficient evidence to justify it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3879 on: November 12, 2014, 01:28:04 PM »

If anyone does a runner it will have to be because they are guilty.  And where on earth would they run to?

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #3880 on: November 12, 2014, 01:30:26 PM »
If anyone does a runner it will have to be because they are guilty.  And where on earth would they run to?

No not so much a runner, but over time from 2007 if someone was guilty they have had plenty of time, just to move on surely....would you really stay by the crime scene? I find it odd.

Anyway I wonder if this is one of the people of interest....

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/05/mccanns-pressure-and-harass-ocean-club.html

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3881 on: November 12, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »

They probably thought they had gotten away with it, which wouldn't have been surprising, under the circumstances.  Moving would have attracted attention, and people can always be traced anyway.

Let's face it, they were hardly expecting Scotland Yard.  And now it is far too late.

Offline Carana

« Reply #3882 on: November 12, 2014, 01:58:12 PM »
No not so much a runner, but over time from 2007 if someone was guilty they have had plenty of time, just to move on surely....would you really stay by the crime scene? I find it odd.

Anyway I wonder if this is one of the people of interest....

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/05/mccanns-pressure-and-harass-ocean-club.html

No idea. Some people may feel that being overlooked or casually interviewed is safe. Others may find "reasons" to move elsewhere.

Was that interview given free of charge, I wonder?

Offline Carana

« Reply #3883 on: November 12, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »
The Portuguese national newspaper Correio da Manha (Morning Post) yesterday reported that three British nationals, two men and one woman, are among the suspects being investigated in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann and will be questioned by the Judicial Police in Faro. The article added that at least one other foreign national and three Portuguese will also be heard as witnesses before the end of the month.

www.cmjornal.xl.pt/nacional/portugal/detalhe/tres_britanicos_suspeitos_do_desaparecimento_de_maddie.html

All Correio da Manha articles about Maddie (English)

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cmjornal.xl.pt%2Fpesquisa.html%3Fq%3Dmaddie

LOL The story changes yet again. If the PJ had an official press service to give official updates, then there would be no need for garbled leaks.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 04:47:20 PM by Carana »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3884 on: November 12, 2014, 02:42:55 PM »
Thing is if they did take the child they would be long gone now wouldnt they if they had read the news? Especially from the last lot of questioning, and even this lot if they are British they can move freely they are not arrested are they, all very odd. I said to my old man months ago, i bet you like the boomarang we will come back to the beginning...........

... and that is exactly where SY had to go to get to where they are in the investigation today.

I’m not sure the people about to be interviewed all live in PDL now and I’m not sure they all ever did.

The advantage anyone directly associated with or who has come into direct contact with Madeleine is that over seven years they will have had ample opportunity to remove all possible trace. 

For example, all clothing or bedding and anything with which Madeleine might have come into contact will have been destroyed. 
Similarly, any vehicle in which she may have been transported will either have been destroyed or forensically cleaned with carpets etc. being replaced.

It must have come as a shock when Madeleine’s parents’ unrelenting campaign to have her case reopened achieved the impossible success with SY taking up the case; this is the only time since Madeleine's disappearance they have had any cause for concern.   

I doubt very much if all the information SY have consists of phone pings. 

From the little information we have been given … I think they are in the process of building a strong case. 

If I were a guilty party I would be a very worried person indeed particularly as the press is printing conjecture, but for the first time, with the actual perpetrator/s as the focus.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....