Author Topic: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann  (Read 1364797 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Latest news on the search for Madeleine McCann
« Reply #4035 on: December 04, 2014, 08:33:59 PM »
I suspect that international cooperation is restricted to doing things in accordance with the host country's laws, whoever the host country may be.

That is true. But lawmakers aren't the police. At some point, there needs to be a meeting point.

And if you've read anything from Europol... it isn't a piece of cake.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #4036 on: December 05, 2014, 11:50:25 AM »
Redwood is retiring. DCI Nicola Wall is meeting the Portuguese next week.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #4037 on: December 05, 2014, 12:29:32 PM »

The photos above in the thread are good. It's good job the SY officers were in plain clothes and not in uniform  &%+((£
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Admin

« Reply #4038 on: December 05, 2014, 01:10:39 PM »

May 2013: Vogue true crime

Another grey day, this time in central London, and the aftershocks of the Met's corruption scandals and Operations Weeting and Elveden are still rippling the walls of the meeting room at Scotland Yard, where I find DCI Nicola Wall. Wall has served 25 years at the Met, eight as a DCI, and heads up the Murder Investigation Team in west London. She's also a trained hostage and crisis negotiator. Married two years ago, her husband does contract work in the Middle East and she sees him sporadically. "We don't have children," she says briskly. "I've got the greatest respect for women who balance both - because that's fantastic - but I don't have to. And I've got a house in Putney, and I have a really nice life."

For Wall, there is no typical murder. No two jobs are the same. "We could end up with the Tia Sharp jobs of this world," she says of the 12-year-old whose body was discovered at her grandmother's house last August. "And then there are jobs that are equally as difficult as those, but that just somehow don't get that media spark." She usually has about six or seven live cases at any one time, and prides herself on her investigative speed; she is only partially joking when she attributes her low media profile to the fact "we solve cases so quickly nobody gets involved…"

A diminutive peroxide blonde, with fine cheekbones and a faint Derbyshire accent, she cuts an unusual figure. "I'm a bit different," she admits. "The jury nearly fell over last time I was in the box!" She's glad that the current crop of TV detectives are not "as mumsy" as their forebears and has a small fondness for Saga Noren "because she's quite feminine, very glamorous, very pretty and very capable, too."

As plainclothes officers, the detectives are united in their determination to look good. Wall especially enjoys playing with her femininity, if only to shake up the stuffier factions of the Met that still exist. "I usually wear a heel, and I always paint my nails," she says with a toss of her well-groomed head. "They usually brighten a day."

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2013/04/04/may-2013-vogue-true-crime
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:27:11 AM by John »

Offline Mr Moderator

« Reply #4039 on: December 05, 2014, 01:44:29 PM »
Detective leading hunt for Madeleine McCann steps down

Telegraph
5 Dec 2014

DCI Andy Redwood, who has led Scotlan Yard's Madeleine McCann investigation for the past three years, announces he is retiring from the Metropolitan Police.

Andy Redwood (centre) and the Portuguese judiciary police chief of investigation, Luis Mota Carmo (left)
in Praia da Luz, Algarve, Southern Portugal in June 2014.

DCI Andy Redwood, the man who has led Scotland Yard's hunt for missing Madeleine McCann is stepping down and retiring from the Met.

He is will retire later this month and will hand over to DCI Nicola Wall from the Homicide and Major Crime Command.

Kate and Gerry McCann have been informed of the development and a comprehensive handover is currently taking place.

The Scotland Yard team will travel to Portugal on Monday to carry out further enquiries and to introduce DCI Wall to the Portuguese authorities.

DCI Redwood said: “After careful consideration and a full and rewarding career in the Met the time is right for me to move on.

"The past three and a half years leading Operation Grange has been an extraordinary privilege, and I leave the investigation in the very capable hands of my experienced colleague Nicola."

British officers spent eight days searching three areas of land in the Algarve resort of Praia da Luz in June, close to where Madeleine disappeared more than seven years ago but they found no new evidence.

Madeleine disappeared from her holiday apartment on May 3 2007 as her parents Kate and Gerry dined at a nearby tapas restaurant with friends and it became one of the most famous missing persons cases of all time.

Portuguese police closed down their investigation into her death in 2008 but the Met launched its own operation three years later.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/11275266/Detective-leading-hunt-for-Madeleine-McCann-steps-down.html
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 03:13:00 PM by Admin »

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #4040 on: December 05, 2014, 08:25:34 PM »
Joaquim Marques is the pigs farmer, right?

I wonder if the phone data connects him to PDL on that day?

Wasn't it said that these new witnesses and suspects were picked due to being identified from the phone data.. or am I dreaming this?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4041 on: December 05, 2014, 08:27:39 PM »

Wasn't it said that these new witnesses and suspects were picked due to being identified from the phone data.. or am I dreaming this?

The Pig Farmer from where?  I don't think I have heard of him.

Offline Carana

« Reply #4042 on: December 05, 2014, 08:33:32 PM »

Hard to tell, Vixte. It seems to be Groundhog Day all over again. The Met can't give updates; the PJ are in theory subject to their judicial secrecy laws... what may be fluttering out of PJ windows or local bars again may - or may not - be accurate.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #4043 on: December 05, 2014, 08:36:37 PM »
The Pig Farmer from where?  I don't think I have heard of him.

The pig farmer is one on the list
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-510082/Revealed-Madeleine-photofit-man-jailed-raping-British-girl.html

Also on the list is the laundry man:
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/73may13/Mirror_29_05_2013.htm

What I am curious about is if SY found that  if any of these people were communicating with each other on that day?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4044 on: December 05, 2014, 08:48:41 PM »
The pig farmer is one on the list
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-510082/Revealed-Madeleine-photofit-man-jailed-raping-British-girl.html

Also on the list is the laundry man:
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/73may13/Mirror_29_05_2013.htm

What I am curious about is if SY found that  if any of these people were communicating with each other on that day?

I am truly shocked.  What on earth was going on in that sleepy village?  Surely The PJ must have been aware.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #4045 on: December 05, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »
The gardener is not on the list, as previously reported. I think he has been mistaken for the GREEN guy

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/PJ_Report_English_Translation.pdf

Also, regarding the pig farmer I found something really strange: 'Curiously, it was the ex-girl friend of Serguei Malinka that did accuse M. Marques to the police.' from Portuguese press..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:05:08 PM by VIXTE »

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #4046 on: December 06, 2014, 01:04:05 AM »
This is the chap the PJ supposedly identified as the one Tamsin did the efit of. Was that ever released by the PJ or is it one the McCanns are supposed to have held back?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/T_M_S_AGE_12.htm

PJ's final 57-page report

On page 800, the interview with T. M. S. is presented, who saw on two occasions and on several other days, an individual observing the apartment from which MADELEINE disappeared. A photo-fit was created based on the witness' indications . . . diligences were performed which led to the identification of MICHAEL ANTHONY GREEN, who was the target of diverse diligences without incriminatory results, pages 632 to 726 of Volume III, Appendix VI. Beyond this individual, there were other diligences performed at this level, also without useful results for the investigation, as is explained throughout Appendix VI.

Information witheld

Further details about MICHAEL ANTHONY GREEN are in the files witheld at the request of the British police:

Appendix VI 1 – Information/Lists of Suspects of Sexual Crimes – where you will find a detailed reviews, from the perspective of the possibility of encountering correlations with suspects with sexual motives;

Appendix VI 2 – Diligences and Exploration of Information related to the aforementioned – in which, in conformity with that already expressed and in order to provide a better consultation, were gathered the information collected about residents in the surrounding areas – temporary and permanent – as well as a listing of local crime (break-ins and others) and crimes of a sexual nature. The information provided came to this Police by individual knowledge, through British authorities or by other sources;
'...100 pages of notes relating to this part of the investigation were withdrawn from 17 volumes of police case files released to the public after a request from British police.'

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 02:21:46 AM by John »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #4047 on: December 06, 2014, 01:21:59 AM »

This is the chap the PJ supposedly identified as the one Tamsin did the efit of. Was that ever released by the PJ or is it one the McCanns are supposed to have held back?

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/T_M_S_AGE_12.htm

PJ's final 57-page report

On page 800, the interview with T. M. S. is presented, who saw on two occasions and on several other days, an individual observing the apartment from which MADELEINE disappeared. A photo-fit was created based on the witness' indications . . . diligences were performed which led to the identification of MICHAEL ANTHONY GREEN, who was the target of diverse diligences without incriminatory results, pages 632 to 726 of Volume III, Appendix VI. Beyond this individual, there were other diligences performed at this level, also without useful results for the investigation, as is explained throughout Appendix VI.

Information witheld

Further details about MICHAEL ANTHONY GREEN are in the files witheld at the request of the British police:

Appendix VI 1 – Information/Lists of Suspects of Sexual Crimes – where you will find a detailed reviews, from the perspective of the possibility of encountering correlations with suspects with sexual motives;

Appendix VI 2 – Diligences and Exploration of Information related to the aforementioned – in which, in conformity with that already expressed and in order to provide a better consultation, were gathered the information collected about residents in the surrounding areas – temporary and permanent – as well as a listing of local crime (break-ins and others) and crimes of a sexual nature. The information provided came to this Police by individual knowledge, through British authorities or by other sources;
'...100 pages of notes relating to this part of the investigation were withdrawn from 17 volumes of police case files released to the public after a request from British police.'

Maybe ex sex offender. Sometimes the offence is spent, meaning taken off record..who knows..

Offline Alice Purjorick

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey