Author Topic: Former staff at Ocean Club now being investigated over burglary claims.  (Read 56635 times)

Offline John

The focus in the Madeleine McCann disappearance has now shifted to firmer employees of Ocean Club Garden who had access to keys to the apartments.

British police searching for missing Madeleine McCann want their Portuguese counterparts to search the homes and examine the bank accounts of three former employees of the resort where she vanished, it is reported.

Detectives from both countries are running their own investigations and a team from Scotland Yard made the request during meetings with Policia Judiciaria after flying to Portugal this week.

Police are keen to investigate the trio, who are believed to have been working at the Ocean Club complex in Praia da Luz where the McCanns were staying in 2007, the Daily Mirror said.

Officers reportedly believe they were behind a spate of burglaries in the weeks before three-year-old Madeleine disappeared.

Former Ocean Club employee Nelson Rodrigues speaks to Sky's Martin Brunt.

Nelson Rodrigues, a barman at the Ocean Club at the time, told the Mirror a wide range of staff would have had access to rooms.

He said: "There were quite a few staff who had access to keys. Reception staff, the cleaners, and the maintenance men could all get into rooms. Waiters and barmen did not have access to keys.

"I remember at the time things belonging to guests went missing now and then. Mobile phones, cash, anything valuable lying around."

www.247news.eu/article.php?id=808227&en&t=Madeleine%20McCann%20Cops%20Hunt%20Resort%20Workers
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:53:19 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Redblossom

Re: Former staff at Ocean Club now being investigated over burglary claims.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 11:49:27 AM »
Video with Martin Brunt in PDL

http://news.sky.com/story/1204013/madeleine-mccann-cops-hunt-resort-workers

The more suspects the merrier......

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 11:53:21 AM »
geez  sounds like portugal   was buisy when the mcanns were staying there swathy men burglers  and now  employees  getting the blame

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 11:57:46 AM »
It's beginning to sound like an inside job in more ways than one?   >@@(*&)
I wonder if the British and dual nationality employees who now live in the UK have been reinterviewed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 11:59:26 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline The Singularity

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 12:44:37 PM »
Certainly an interesting development that the UK police have wanted to follow up. Certainly an angle worth investigating as it is plausible

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »
Two burglary incidents days before in the same block. Three OC employees I found interesting to investigate more deeply, one of them with a previous record for theft ... I can not understand why some people can discarded this clue on a priori basis.

Redblossom

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 01:31:30 PM »
Two burglary incidents days before in the same block. Three OC employees I found interesting to investigate more deeply, one of them with a previous record for theft ... I can not understand why some people can discarded this clue a priori

Burglars dont steal children and your previous post about sexual offenders and murderers committing burglarly at the same time or having committed burglary in the past is nothng to do with child OR adult abductions IMO

I cannot understand why you cant see the difference and want to link these

>@@(*&)

Unless you are suggesting a burglar murdered Madeleine Mccann

Eta

Then again how many children have been murdered by burglars?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:34:39 PM by Redblossom »

Lyall

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 01:33:30 PM »
Two burglary incidents days before in the same block. Three OC employees I found interesting to investigate more deeply, one of them with a previous record for theft ... I can not understand why some people can discarded this clue on a priori basis.

Nobody does, Heriberto, we're just questioning the constant hype (using the word hype diplomatically). It's the hype that makes people doubt this is anything other than the latest in a very long series of invented leads.

Estuarine

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 01:59:35 PM »
Nobody does, Heriberto, we're just questioning the constant hype (using the word hype diplomatically). It's the hype that makes people doubt this is anything other than the latest in a very long series of invented leads.

And how handy are a group of people with pass keys? That's why there was no evidence of a break in of course. And how incompetent were the Portuguese Police if they didn't cover this one in 2007?
Bearing in mind the Met and the PJ remain schtum on this matter who is feeding this info to the media?

Offline The Singularity

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 02:14:18 PM »
Aren't Grange detectives giving regular press conferences, I was under the impression that this was routine given the nature of this investigation?

Offline pegasus

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 02:29:06 PM »
It is obvious that some OC employees phones would be red hot that night.
Why? - Because they are alerting their colleagues to come help with the search.
To make these OC employees into burglars because their phones were red hot that night is a fallacy.

If SY start making all high volume phone users in hours/days after the disappearance into suspects they will be including some senior MW and BP and UK consulate and UK embassy peeps  :)

Also before 10pm there are obviously calls/txts by MW/OC employees - there would be every night - a few are in the files - for example there are a few contacts between nannies - nothing suspicious about that - they are most likely just arranging where to meet during their evening off - and theres a call by an employee to his wife to say he'll be late home from work because a tourist lost their key or something - nothing wrong with that - conscientious employee IMO.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:35:59 PM by pegasus »

Lyall

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »
Aren't Grange detectives giving regular press conferences, I was under the impression that this was routine given the nature of this investigation?

Nope. But they are working closely with journalists I'm sure. They are briefing.

Lyall

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 02:34:05 PM »
And how handy are a group of people with pass keys? That's why there was no evidence of a break in of course. And how incompetent were the Portuguese Police if they didn't cover this one in 2007?
Bearing in mind the Met and the PJ remain schtum on this matter who is feeding this info to the media?

The January 3rd Mail article that began this latest frenzy could only have been written with close police involvement imo.

I think the Met have been briefing the press ever since >@@(*&)

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 02:44:24 PM »
It is obvious that some OC employees phones would be red hot that night.
Why? - Because they are alerting their colleagues to come help with the search.
To make these OC employees into burglars because their phones were red hot that night is a fallacy.

If SY start making all high volume phone users in hours/days after the disappearance into suspects they will be including some senior MW and BP and UK consulate and UK embassy peeps  :)

Also before 10pm there are obviously calls/txts by MW/OC employees - there would be every night - a few are in the files - for example there are a few contacts between nannies - nothing suspicious about that - they are most likely just arranging where to meet during their evening off - and theres a call by an employee to his wife to say he'll be late home from work because a tourist lost their key or something - nothing wrong with that - conscientious employee IMO.

Many of MW/OC employees said in their statements they knew about Madeleine abduction the next day May 4th. when they went to work. If they had phone calls with people who knew about the incident during the night (from 22:00 to 6:00 for example) it would be suspicious ...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:53:33 PM by Heriberto Janosch »

Redblossom

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 02:49:45 PM »
Many of MW/OC employees said in their statements they knew about Madeleine abduction the next day May 4th. when they went to work. If they had phone calls during the night (from 22:00 to 6:00 for example) it would be suspicious ...

People having phone calls and/or during their time off work is suspicious?

Christ

You better not be in the vicinity when a crime happens, you could be a suspect!! For usng your phone or receiving calls from auntie edna
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 02:51:22 PM by Redblossom »