Author Topic: Why abduct a child with parents when abducting an orphan would attract much less attention?  (Read 16615 times)

Offline Carana

Come on, Carana, don't forget this is the only case in Europe of an abduction from bed !

As opposed to from a bathtub with the mother in the room next door? Unfortunately, I don't understand all of the European languages, and I haven't yet found a comprehensive study on all the circumsances surrounding missing, possibly abducted, children even in the UK, let alone throughout Europe. If you have, I would be interested in any links.

AnneGuedes

There is still no convincing argument for making off with a child from a holiday apartment rather than an easier location.Smacks of looking for a likely tale to add credence to a preconceived idea.
This is "the" interesting part. Why ? What would we lose if the preconceived idea blew up ?

Offline Mr Gray

Clearly nothing can explain the rank stupidity and arrogance of leaving vulnerable children by themselves, unprotected and in  clearly insecure accommodation, in a country they did not know.

It completely defies logic, and I don't care how many times I here excuses for this behaviour, like 'I've done it myself' as some posters on here have claimed. Going out to wine and dine was put on a higher level of priority than their children's' safety.

What were they in danger from.....abduction

Online Eleanor

It is all quite simple to me.  Anyone prepared to pay good money to adopt a child would have wanted a well nurtured child with a reasonable level of intelligence.  They would not have been prepared to take a chance on a street urchin who had been badly fed and grossly neglected.  This is just plain, common sense.

Redblossom

It is all quite simple to me.  Anyone prepared to pay good money to adopt a child would have wanted a well nurtured child with a reasonable level of intelligence.  They would not have been prepared to take a chance on a street urchin who had been badly fed and grossly neglected.  This is just plain, common sense.

What you mean they couldnt feed them and nurture them back to normality? And what if Madeleine  had some hidden health problem? Poor poor argument. As for judging the intelligence of a chiild...words fail

@)(++(*

Scraping barrels again!

Offline Mr Gray

makes absolute sense...similar to artificial insemination where donors with the best attributes are in demand