Author Topic: Why abduct a child with parents when abducting an orphan would attract much less attention?  (Read 16617 times)

AnneGuedes

There are many, many abandoned children on our planet. They are  ideal preys for paedophile gangs. Why would those abduct a child from his bed and have police forces pursing them ?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:08:18 AM by John »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

There are many, many abandoned children on our planet. They are  ideal preys for paedophile gangs. Why would those abduct a child from his bed and have police forces pursing them ?

It's a good point, Anne. Most children who are trafficked are from poor or war-torn areas and have already been abandoned.

Nonetheless, we cannot rule out anything here because we still don't know what has happened. 

Offline Angelo222

A good point yes.  Stealing a child from some third world country and from the streets would be much simpler and attract little attention.  This makes me think whoever did this was a local opportunist who knew very well where to hide her.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline VIXTE

Maybe the twisted mind has a specific like for the specific child?

There was a case in the UK, in London.. where a boy was stabbed several times after on order of his mum he stopped speaking to the guy who was obsessed with him..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/740905.stm

Offline John

Why go to the bother of abducting a loved child with parents when abducting an orphan or one of the many homeless children in the world would have attracted so much less attention and risk?

Was this an indication that Madeleine's abductor was local to Praia da Luz?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

AnneGuedes

Why go to the bother of abducting a loved child with parents when abducting an orphan or one of the many homeless children in the world would have attracted so much less attention and risk?

Was this an indication that Madeleine's abductor was local to Praia da Luz?
An opportunist not taking her from bed but finding her in the street. Or someone who tried to help her, frightened her and got frightened.

Offline John

An opportunist not taking her from bed but finding her in the street. Or someone who tried to help her, frightened her and got frightened.

Very true, maybe the so-called abduction didn't start out as an abduction.   My only reservation about this however is the fact that the front door was closed.  Young children are not in the habit of closing doors behind them.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Madeleine was not  an abandoned child, but her location at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, evidently, made her more accessible than the average child.

The OC would be an ideal place for someone looking for a child: many children are present and grouped in specific areas (bit like a school playground);  there us public access to the complex, which allows easy observability of the children and the complex itself, along with parents' routines; parents are occupied in their activities and in 'holiday mode', therefore not as vigilant with regard to security as they would be at home, and generally not as aware or observant or attuned to anomalies. 

It would also be readily observable, as we have discussed, that there were long periods of time when children were apart from their parents. During the day, children were with often in play groups or with nannies, whom generally speaking even if very well trained do not provide the instinctive levels of vigilance of a parent. And at night, parents' social routines would probably be freer than at home.

As Anne says, a perpetrator still has to worry about being investigated. But as we have also discussed before, it is well documented that criminals often go to a sleepy place with only a provincial police presence at hand, in the hope of having an easier ride.

Perhaps globally it would have been better for someone planning an abduction to take a child from a war-torn or third world area where their actions would not ave been followed up.

But if an abductor was European, it would have been easier on balance to operate closer to home. In the European context, PdL, relatively speaking, is extremely quiet and remote and affords many opportunities for an abductor that many other places would not.

Estuarine

How many sleepy holiday resorts are there in mainland and island Europe that "fit the bill" and from those resorts how many young children have been abducted in say the last 20 years? Is there a pattern that demonstrates that these holiday resorts are easier targets than the streets, railway stations, bus stations and shopping malls ?
The argument vis a vis abduction seems to me to be based on "it is possible therefore it happened". Not "it is improbable and there is no evidence to support it so it seems unlikely".

Offline Angelo222

Another reason I think Madeleine wasn't sourced is because of her eye defect which would have been almost impossible to disguise for any length of time.  Sadie mentioned contact lenses and dark glasses at one time but those are only interim measures and in any event, contact lenses and a 3 year old just don't work.  My own opinion is that some local child abuser saw the opportunity to grab her and has hidden her in the hills somewhere not too far from PdL.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:23:51 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline jassi

Another reason I think Madeleine wasn't sourced is because of her eye defect which would have been almost impossible to disguise for any length of time.  Sadie mentioned contact lenses and dark glasses at one time but those are only interim measures and in any event, contact lenses and a 3 year old just don't work.

And you would have to go to an optician, which might arouse suspicion, though I suppose there will be dodgy opticians, just like there are dodgy doctors and lawyers.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Sherlock Holmes

Another reason I think Madeleine wasn't sourced is because of her eye defect which would have been almost impossible to disguise for any length of time.  Sadie mentioned contact lenses and dark glasses at one time but those are only interim measures and in any event, contact lenses and a 3 year old just don't work.  My own opinion is that some local child abuser saw the opportunity to grab her and has hidden her in the hills somewhere not too far from PdL.

Yes, though it still stands that for a local child abuser, the OC was an environment with opportunities.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

And you would have to go to an optician, which might arouse suspicion, though I suppose there will be dodgy opticians, just like there are dodgy doctors and lawyers.

That would be one expensive Drs visit...

Offline VIXTE

Why would she need an optician?

Re 'why her' ..it could be so many reasons.. Why Elizabeth Smart? Why Natascha Kampusch? Not to mention the dead ones..

AnneGuedes

Yes, though it still stands that for a local child abuser, the OC was an environment with opportunities.
What do you mean ? The about hundred British paedophiles who live in the Algarve ?