Author Topic: Why abduct a child with parents when abducting an orphan would attract much less attention?  (Read 16515 times)

Offline colombosstogey

Madeleine was not  an abandoned child, but her location at the Ocean Club in Praia da Luz, evidently, made her more accessible than the average child.

The OC would be an ideal place for someone looking for a child: many children are present and grouped in specific areas (bit like a school playground);  there us public access to the complex, which allows easy observability of the children and the complex itself, along with parents' routines; parents are occupied in their activities and in 'holiday mode', therefore not as vigilant with regard to security as they would be at home, and generally not as aware or observant or attuned to anomalies. 

It would also be readily observable, as we have discussed, that there were long periods of time when children were apart from their parents. During the day, children were with often in play groups or with nannies, whom generally speaking even if very well trained do not provide the instinctive levels of vigilance of a parent. And at night, parents' social routines would probably be freer than at home.

As Anne says, a perpetrator still has to worry about being investigated. But as we have also discussed before, it is well documented that criminals often go to a sleepy place with only a provincial police presence at hand, in the hope of having an easier ride.

Perhaps globally it would have been better for someone planning an abduction to take a child from a war-torn or third world area where their actions would not ave been followed up.

But if an abductor was European, it would have been easier on balance to operate closer to home. In the European context, PdL, relatively speaking, is extremely quiet and remote and affords many opportunities for an abductor that many other places would not.
[/color]  I ACTUALLY THINK THIS WOULD MAKE IT MORE IMPOSSIBLE SEE NOTE BELOW.

All very good, BUT it was out of season so not so many people, or children, and being in a local area with lots of ex pats, any stranger would have been clocked.

ALSO there are loads of playgrounds in portugal, where lots of kids play, why steal an English child when they can take one of their own.

Offline colombosstogey

Well we know that Madeleine was described as...

But why would money be no object. If you want to abduct a little girl then surely you pick one with no unique identifying features and preferably one whose parents are less likely to as politically savee.

David Paynes daughter was just as pretty and sweet as Maddy, and from a witness statement there were at least ELEVEN pretty blonde girls on the tennis court one day, so why take the McCanns child if someone was stalking and looking.

Anyway IF someone just wanted to abduct a blonde child and were stalking the McCanns I would think they would have gone for the pretty small twin Amelie who was very cute and sweet looking and would have been easy to carry. WHAT A HORRIBLE thought, we are discussing the abduction of young children by perverts like it was a normal day. Jeez, makes my stomach hurl.

Offline slartibartfast

David Paynes daughter was just as pretty and sweet as Maddy, and from a witness statement there were at least ELEVEN pretty blonde girls on the tennis court one day, so why take the McCanns child if someone was stalking and looking.

Anyway IF someone just wanted to abduct a blonde child and were stalking the McCanns I would think they would have gone for the pretty small twin Amelie who was very cute and sweet looking and would have been easy to carry. WHAT A HORRIBLE thought, we are discussing the abduction of young children by perverts like it was a normal day. Jeez, makes my stomach hurl.

Agreed, trouble is that is the someone looking to snatch a young child would likely think.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

How many sleepy holiday resorts are there in mainland and island Europe that "fit the bill" and from those resorts how many young children have been abducted in say the last 20 years? Is there a pattern that demonstrates that these holiday resorts are easier targets than the streets, railway stations, bus stations and shopping malls ?
The argument vis a vis abduction seems to me to be based on "it is possible therefore it happened". Not "it is improbable and there is no evidence to support it so it seems unlikely".

You make an absolutely convincing argument to show why the McCanns did not fear that Maddie would be abducted...it is so highly unlikely

stephen25000

Clearly nothing can explain the rank stupidity and arrogance of leaving vulnerable children by themselves, unprotected and in  clearly insecure accommodation, in a country they did not know.

It completely defies logic, and I don't care how many times I here excuses for this behaviour, like 'I've done it myself' as some posters on here have claimed. Going out to wine and dine was put on a higher level of priority than their children's' safety.

Estuarine

Clearly nothing can explain the rank stupidity and arrogance of leaving vulnerable children by themselves, unprotected and in  clearly insecure accommodation, in a country they did not know.

It completely defies logic, and I don't care how many times I here excuses for this behaviour, like 'I've done it myself' as some posters on here have claimed. Going out to wine and dine was put on a higher level of priority than their children's' safety.

And nothing can explain the rank stupidity that believes that behind every lamp post tree etc the length and breadth of The Algarve there lurketh an abductor/paedophile just waiting to pounce. Like the heads of the hydra in the Labour's of Herlycwes get rid of one and ten more pop up. Give me strength.

Offline Carana

Why go to the bother of abducting a loved child with parents when abducting an orphan or one of the many homeless children in the world would have attracted so much less attention and risk?

Was this an indication that Madeleine's abductor was local to Praia da Luz?

I certainly wouldn't exclude that possibility, although the person (or persons) might not have been resident in PdL itself.

What potential misfit could have anticipated the enduring publicity over this case?

Offline Lace

I think Madeleine was easier to take being in the apartment she was in.   Also would Amelie be recognised as being a girl?     If the twins were both dressed in white it would be hard to tell.   Though I think they wanted an
older girl.

It is horrible discussing the abduction of children for perverts,  but could be they were abducting for adoption.

Offline Lace

I know everyone will groan when I mention Raymond Hewlett.

But I can't help but wonder why he would tell his friend even before the police spoke to him,  that a gypsy had offered to buy his daughter who looked like Madeleine.

Now if this friend can be believed and Raymond Hewlett DID say this,   I am wondering if Raymond Hewlett had something to do with Madeleine's disappearance.     

He could have been the one who tipped off the abductors that there was a child similar in looks to his own.

Also he could have been the one who took Madeleine away,   if stopped or questioned he could say that 'no it's my child'    if Madeleine looked like one of his he could fob off any sightings as 'no it was my daughter they must have seen'.     Another thing if he had a passport with his daughter's photo,   anyone could get away with taking Madeleine out of the country by using it.

AnneGuedes

What potential misfit could have anticipated the enduring publicity over this case?
Come on, Carana, don't forget this is the only case in Europe of an abduction from bed !

Redblossom

I know everyone will groan when I mention Raymond Hewlett.

But I can't help but wonder why he would tell his friend even before the police spoke to him,  that a gypsy had offered to buy his daughter who looked like Madeleine.

Now if this friend can be believed and Raymond Hewlett DID say this,   I am wondering if Raymond Hewlett had something to do with Madeleine's disappearance.     

He could have been the one who tipped off the abductors that there was a child similar in looks to his own.

Also he could have been the one who took Madeleine away,   if stopped or questioned he could say that 'no it's my child'    if Madeleine looked like one of his he could fob off any sightings as 'no it was my daughter they must have seen'.     Another thing if he had a passport with his daughter's photo,   anyone could get away with taking Madeleine out of the country by using it.

How much of that is true though and not made up or hearsay. Nearest you will get to anythng much IMO is an actual interview, which seems he did.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-raymond-hewlett-399811

He was the latest "Maddie beast"  at the time, seems there was no evidence of any sort of involvement.

If you want a media induced migraine search on mccannfiles for all the "stories"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:28:44 PM by Redblossom »

Offline Lace

How much of that is true though and not made up or hearsay. Nearest you will get to anythng much IMO is an actual interview, which seems he did.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-raymond-hewlett-399811

He was the latest "Maddie beast"  at the time, seems there was no evidence of any sort of involvement.

If you want a media induced migraine search on mccannfiles for all the "stories"

He says 'I didn't kill the McCann girl'    I wasn't saying he killed her,  just tipped off abductors where she was,  then maybe transported her somewhere.

Yes he looked frail and ill then but he wasn't in 2007.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:21:51 PM by John »

Redblossom

read the whole article Lace!

Offline Lace

The bit where he says the PJ came to interview him?    Maybe he had handed over Madeleine to the Gypsies until he could take her to Morocco.   Did the police search the Gypsy camp?   No I don't think they did.

And where did his white van disappear to?  The one he said he didn't own.    Where did he get the money to suddenly go to Morocco?

It all doesn't add up to me.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 01:22:24 PM by John »

Redblossom

The bit where he says the PJ came to interview him?    Maybe he had handed over Madeleine to the Gypsies until he could take her to Morocco.   Did the police search the Gypsy camp?   No I don't think they did.

And where did his white van disappear to?  The one he said he didn't own.    Where did he get the money to suddenly go to Morocco?

It all doesn't add up to me.

When you get actual facts perhaps then you can start trying to add anything up, before then, you will just get yourself into a muddle, if you rely on the ridiculous Sun and its cohorts and made up stories or hearsay. Just saying.

Is he or ever was a PJ or SY suspect? No.
Is there any evidence? No.
Does his past history i nvolve toddlers? No.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:11:21 PM by Redblossom »