Author Topic: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.  (Read 79632 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »
Going to tell  ?
You’re a bit late to be asking about a book title  that’s back on sale, been online for years yet you say you havn’t read all of it but post as if you have  imo..*%87

I haven't read Amaral's Book, and don't intend to.  I get enough snippets here.  But we still don't know what The Lie was, and nor, it appears, do the people who have read it.

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 12:43:30 PM »
I haven't read Amaral's Book, and don't intend to.  I get enough snippets here.  But we still don't know what The Lie was, and nor, it appears, do the people who have read it.
You don’t intend to read a book based on the PJ files regarding the investigation, yet feel justified in making  detrimental comments about  the latter ? How droll .
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 12:45:39 PM by Snowgirl »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 12:46:14 PM »
You don’t intend to read a book based on the PJ files regarding the investigation, yet feel justified in making  detrimental comments about  the latter ? How droll .

If there had been anything definitively interesting in The Book do you not think someone would have found it by now?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 12:47:11 PM »

Ive read enough snippets to realise its rubbish

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2018, 12:49:38 PM »
Ive read enough snippets to realise its rubbish

#MeToo.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2018, 12:50:23 PM »
I was hoping that someone who had read the book would give me their opinion.
I really was commenting on the title of the book and expressing my opinion on that.
I do hope you are giving the same guidance to those who comment on the SY investigation who are also commenting from "an uniformed opinion" and should have " full knowledge" of the investigation before making any comment.

I am and I do. We have no idea what SY are investigating.

Interesting though that we have been told this week about a meeting between the parents and SY, allegedly to update the McCanns on the progress of the investigation. As we have been previously told that the parents are regularly updated it does make you wonder why this particular meeting was newsworthy.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2018, 01:15:39 PM »
Considering the "lie" has not been proven and he certainly can not do so, then the title of his book is outrageous and indeed libellous.IMO

As the learned judge noted ... not even the blurb on the cover is accurate.  8)-)))

Jerry Lawton ‏@JerryLawton
4:35 PM - 8 Oct 13
Judge stops lawyers on both sides asking Amaral's former cop colleagues their conclusions on #McCann case because 'opinions' not 'facts'

4:41 PM - 8 Oct 13
Judge to Paiva: 'What's new in the book that's not in the police files?'
Paiva: 'Nothing'
#McCann
4:43 PM - 8 Oct 13
judge says book cover says it contains 'exclusive revelations'..'ok so then I have to conclude this is misleading advertising', #McCann
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id461.htm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2018, 01:25:16 PM »
Considering the "lie" has not been proven and he certainly can not do so, then the title of his book is outrageous and indeed libellous.IMO

There was no abduction imo - that's why nobody has found any evidence in nearly 12 years. Woman in purple @)(++(*
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:05:49 PM by John »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2018, 01:25:29 PM »
If there had been anything definitively interesting in The Book do you not think someone would have found it by now?
You very obviously have the wrong idea of what the book contains .

Offline Erngath

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2018, 01:27:59 PM »
There was no abduction imo - that's why nobody has found any evidence in nearly 12 years.

And you formed this OPINION from reading the Truth of the Lie?
Or you know his for a fact.
Or you formed this OPINION from your own research?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:06:06 PM by John »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2018, 01:28:19 PM »
As the learned judge noted ... not even the blurb on the cover is accurate.  8)-)))

4:35 PM - 8 Oct 13
Judge stops lawyers on both sides asking Amaral's former cop colleagues their conclusions on #McCann case because 'opinions' not 'facts'

4:41 PM - 8 Oct 13
Judge to Paiva: 'What's new in the book that's not in the police files?'
Paiva: 'Nothing'
#McCann
4:43 PM - 8 Oct 13
judge says book cover says it contains 'exclusive revelations'..'ok so then I have to conclude this is misleading advertising', #McCann
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Nigel/id461.htm

So if there is nothing in Goncalo Amaral's book that is not in the police files then how can it be libellous?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2018, 01:29:10 PM »

And you formed this OPINION from reading the Truth of the Lie?
Or you know his for a fact.
Or you formed this OPINION from your own research?

My own research but Amaral is right. No evidence of Abduction so it is a lie!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2018, 01:30:25 PM »
I am and I do. We have no idea what SY are investigating.

Interesting though that we have been told this week about a meeting between the parents and SY, allegedly to update the McCanns on the progress of the investigation. As we have been previously told that the parents are regularly updated it does make you wonder why this particular meeting was newsworthy.

It obviously makes you wonder!
Have your wonderings t brought you any answer to this question?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2018, 01:30:38 PM »
You very obviously have the wrong idea of what the book contains .

So The Title is wrong then.  I have read that.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2018, 01:32:49 PM »
He should've called it - The window to the truth or The Key or not to key  @)(++(*