Author Topic: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.  (Read 80745 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2018, 02:54:44 PM »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2018, 02:55:39 PM »
What was the lie?
And what was the truth?
Oh really  do you think I would spoon feed you after I’ve done the hard work and you  havn’t read up on anything .  (&^&

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2018, 02:56:02 PM »
I was always taught that you cannot form an opinion on anything unless you know what you’re talking about .
 Unless you have read the PJ files and/ or  the book based the files you cannot  imo have anything else to base your opinion on .
Yes of course I have read the book andof course there was a lie and yes he showed what the truth of the lie was . All imo .
”of course there was a lie”?  Cite please.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2018, 02:56:53 PM »
Oh really  do you think I would spoon feed you after I’ve done the hard work and you  havn’t read up on anything .  (&^&
cites are a requirement on this forum when making statements of fact.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2018, 03:01:55 PM »
I was always taught that you cannot form an opinion on anything unless you know what you’re talking about .
 Unless you have read the PJ files and/ or  the book based the files you cannot  imo have anything else to base your opinion on .
Yes of course I have read the book andof course there was a lie and yes he showed what the truth of the lie was . All imo .

He showed he didn't understand  the evidence.. Imo

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2018, 03:04:09 PM »

Care to share?

Offline Erngath

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2018, 03:05:56 PM »

Oh I do believe it would be "hard work" reading that book. (&^&
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2018, 03:07:09 PM »

So there is no lie.  Or you are the only one who has spotted it?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2018, 03:48:38 PM »
cites are a requirement on this forum when making statements of fact.

But they are not when it is posted as opinion. Which snowgirl's post was.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2018, 03:53:43 PM »
But they are not when it is posted as opinion. Which snowgirl's post was.
so you can write any old bollocks as long as you add the letters “imo” to it.  Great. 

Offline Sunny

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2018, 03:56:02 PM »
so you can write any old bollocks as long as you add the letters “imo” to it.  Great.

I have seen a lot of posts on here that would qualify, so yes.   I will not name the poster who has made these posts,  though.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2018, 03:59:47 PM »

My education consisted of ascertaining all the facts and knowledge available ... analysing that prior to forming any opinions or conclusions.

The book is based on police work up until Amaral was sacked from the case.

It covers a snapshot in time and a work in progress.

Amaral's  book reiterates the same misinformation which was used to make the McCanns arguidos and which was superseded by the competent work of his successor who took a fresh look at the available evidence ... and which among other conclusions reached was that the evidence did not substantiate the McCanns being suspected of any part in any crime against Madeleine.

Therefore the opinions enshrined in Amaral's book and promoted by him in his TV media career didn't bear the scrutiny of Rebelo's Policia Judiciaria at the time and subsequently that of the Porto PJ or of Scotland Yard.

The book is deeply flawed and its content make believe.
The mystery is why so many people fell for it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2018, 04:09:46 PM »
Shouldn't you have added Imo to that ?
 Unless of course you can provide proof that the book is make believe.

Offline Snowgirl

Offline Brietta

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »
Shouldn't you have added Imo to that ?
 Unless of course you can provide proof that the book is make believe.

No ... it is a statement of fact.

You must surely have a counter argument proving it's validity and Amaral's stated opinion based on the content.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....