Author Topic: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.  (Read 80744 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »
The reason supporters don't want to read the book isn't it ? Afraid they might see something that contradicts their belief that those parents and their friends  couldn't possibly   be involved , despite they were not there  on that holiday .
Seems to me these grown ups are protecting themselves and the child,whichever way you   look at it had no one to protect her . All my opinion .

That is a ridiculous theory.
If there is any conclusive proof that Madeleine's parents had any part to play in her disappearance, then I for one would want justice to be done.
To suggest that supporters are afraid of reading the book is absolute nonsense!
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2018, 09:46:40 PM »
That is a ridiculous theory.
If there is any conclusive proof that Madeleine's parents had any part to play in her disappearance, then I for one would want justice to be done.
To suggest that supporters are afraid of reading the book is absolute nonsense!
It's not actually a theory ,it's a conclusion I came to . So do you want to counter it by telling just why you don't want to read it ,study the investigation as it progressed .

Offline Erngath

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2018, 09:50:45 PM »
It's not actually a theory ,it's a conclusion I came to . So do you want to counter it by telling just why you don't want to read it ,study the investigation as it progressed .

I started to read it.
Got to the second chapter, found it utterly boring and gave up!
Which chapters convinced you that the parents of Madeleine are complicit in her disappearance?

I'll find them and read them.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:53:07 PM by Erngath »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2018, 10:05:23 PM »
For davel and VS who obviously don't understand the written word.

Bolded bit his opinion backed by the courts in allowing his opinion.
To be fair your sentence is virtually impossible to understand from start to finish.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2018, 10:07:28 PM »
I’ve read it.  What amazed me most about it is how short most of the chapters are.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline misty

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2018, 10:08:45 PM »

Are you able to explain why you concur with the conclusion in Amaral's book? E.g. what made the Smith sighting credible but the Tanner sighting dubious?
I have read the full book btw.

Offline misty

« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2018, 10:12:49 PM »
I’ve read it.  What amazed me most about it is how short most of the chapters are.

Have you read this online translation?
http://www.checktheevidence.com/pdf/Goncalo%20Amaral%20-%20Truth%20of%20the%20Lie%20-%20Madeleine%20McCann.pdf

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2018, 10:19:29 PM »
Are you able to explain why you concur with the conclusion in Amaral's book? E.g. what made the Smith sighting credible but the Tanner sighting dubious?
I have read the full book btw.

In the early days of the libel trial [ca Q1 2014] we had this:
"another witness sits in a foreign court spits his dummy out, slags off the local judiciary then says he didn’t read the book because he knew it was lies without reading it".
My paraphrasing of I believe Michael Wrights performance.

The books, Sr Amaral's and Dr K McCann's that is, are for my money like Catch 22, The Source and Dr Zhivago; loads of people bang on about them but few have made it to the last page...ho hum!
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline misty

« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2018, 10:23:06 PM »
In the early days of the libel trial [ca Q1 2014] we had this:
"another witness sits in a foreign court spits his dummy out, slags off the local judiciary then says he didn’t read the book because he knew it was lies without reading it".
My paraphrasing of I believe Michael Wrights performance.

The books, Sr Amaral's and Dr K McCann's that is, are for my money like Catch 22, The Source and Dr Zhivago; loads of people bang on about them but few have made it to the last page...ho hum!

Anyone who hasn't read the last page of Amaral's book would be unaware of the libel.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2018, 10:28:45 PM »
Anyone who hasn't read the last page of Amaral's book would be unaware of the libel.

One presumes the Portuguese courts didn't several times. Or their opinion was at variance to others, based on them having had plenty of law college.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2018, 10:37:05 PM »
I started to read it.
Got to the second chapter, found it utterly boring and gave up!
Which chapters convinced you that the parents of Madeleine are complicit in her disappearance?

I'll find them and read them.
Ah you're bored by the written word and want some juicy bits .Sorry there aren't any .
Either read it or not  as I said previously I'm not here to spoon feed anyone who can't be bothered .

Offline Erngath

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2018, 10:49:50 PM »

Thank you for the link.
Yes the last page does seem libellous.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2018, 10:52:56 PM »

I have had a quick scan of the chapters, thanks to Misty's link.
I believe most of his thoughts have been posted on various threads here by sceptics using his book as a source.
There doesn't appear to be anything which I haven't read before.

Offline misty

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2018, 11:11:46 PM »
One presumes the Portuguese courts didn't several times. Or their opinion was at variance to others, based on them having had plenty of law college.

Their opinions seemed to vary depending on which judges were sitting. Based on Portuguese legal precedent of similar cases, the McCanns should have been successful in the SC. The mere fact the SC had to use a 2017 ECHR ruling against one of their highest judicial professiionals (Fernandes e Fernandes v Portugal https://swarb.co.uk/tavares-de-almeida-fernandes-and-almeida-fernandes-v-portugal-echr-17-jan-2017/ ) to rule against the McCanns suggests to me that their SC really leaned in favour of the defamed. Perhaps the legal system may even quietly breathe a sigh of relief if the McCanns win in the ECHR so normal service can be resumed. As I said last year, it was a cop-out. All IMO.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 11:18:34 PM by misty »

Offline John

« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2018, 02:13:02 AM »
"The sun is going down over this  beautiful countryside. Children are playing under the watchful gaze of their parents. I think about  the enthusiasm that was characteristic of him  when I met Tavares in November 1981, at  the judiciary police school, and which still fires him. The past seems distant, but  it's not forgotten. We gave the best of ourselves to resolve  this case. Our  conclusions  rest on the proven facts  and the evidence interpreted within the principles of  the law. Our work was done in the cause of  justice, based on the material truth, the  only thing that must prevail in  a universe where the lie is raised up as truth. END "

Gonçalo Amaral
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.