Author Topic: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.  (Read 80755 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.
« Reply #330 on: December 12, 2018, 06:21:50 PM »
He never commented on the first investigation, just on the one he ran. (he's gone, by the way). The judges said there was insufficient evidence  and that was why the case was archived. It was later reopened, we know not why. It is that investigation which Do Carmo commented on, assuring people that it had found no evidence against the McCanns and therefore they were not suspects.
So, there was evidence against the McCanns in the first investigation but not in the second, is that what you’re saying?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #331 on: December 12, 2018, 06:41:38 PM »
Jesus wept.

Either start up a thread on your badly told story.

Or move on.

I have been offering to debate your point for a year now.

I take it you have nothing of substance to offer.

I fail to see what problem you have which prevents you from entering the debate whatever thread it may be on and whatever the topic may be.
It is an open forum where debate is encouraged and as a member the choice is yours about whether you participate or not.

At the moment we are discussing Amaral's book outlining the conduct of the investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance until the stage where he was sacked from the job ... so there is plenty of grist for the mill there.

Anyway ... as far as I am aware the art of debate is ...
  • Person one ... makes a statement
  • Person two replies either in the affirmative or the negative
  • On this forum that is enough to open the debate and any who wish to join in are welcome to do so ... and any who prefer not to are equally welcome not to

This is not in my gift ... nor is it for you to make unrealistic demands of other members.  You have responded negatively to my post ... so in effect you have already entered into what I define as debate.
My point is clear and as far as I can see on topic ... you have not made any point in return you have merely insulted ... I would interpret that as your problem with my posts appearing to be an internal one which I cannot assist you with as the problem and the answer to it lies with you.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #332 on: December 12, 2018, 06:52:41 PM »
I fail to see what problem you have which prevents you from entering the debate whatever thread it may be on and whatever the topic may be.
It is an open forum where debate is encouraged and as a member the choice is yours about whether you participate or not.

At the moment we are discussing Amaral's book outlining the conduct of the investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance until the stage where he was sacked from the job ... so there is plenty of grist for the mill there.

Anyway ... as far as I am aware the art of debate is ...
  • Person one ... makes a statement
  • Person two replies either in the affirmative or the negative
  • On this forum that is enough to open the debate and any who wish to join in are welcome to do so ... and any who prefer not to are equally welcome not to

This is not in my gift ... nor is it for you to make unrealistic demands of other members.  You have responded negatively to my post ... so in effect you have already entered into what I define as debate.
My point is clear and as far as I can see on topic ... you have not made any point in return you have merely insulted ... I would interpret that as your problem with my posts appearing to be an internal one which I cannot assist you with as the problem and the answer to it lies with you.
So - no badly told story.

Perhaps we can move on.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #333 on: December 12, 2018, 07:06:52 PM »
He seems embarrassed by the first investigation... Are you suggesting he would ignore evidence from the first investigation... That seems a ridiculous suggestion... He said there is no evidence... That is clear

If you refuse to believe the evidence of your own ears there's no point in continuing the discussion imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #334 on: December 12, 2018, 07:09:48 PM »
If you refuse to believe the evidence of your own ears there's no point in continuing the discussion imo.

Could you point out exactly where DC says he is referring Ti the present investigation... He doesn't... So what am I mishearing... No evidence us what he says. ..you are making things up

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #335 on: December 12, 2018, 07:10:00 PM »
Davel has never denied the evidence of his own ears to the best of my knowledge, how else does he keep his glasses on?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #336 on: December 12, 2018, 07:51:09 PM »
So, there was evidence against the McCanns in the first investigation but not in the second, is that what you’re saying?

They aren't my words. The Supreme Court Judges said; that there was insufficient evidence in the first investigation.
According to Pedro do Carmo there was no evidence pointing to the McCanns in the second investigation.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #337 on: December 12, 2018, 08:02:06 PM »
They aren't my words. The Supreme Court Judges said; that there was insufficient evidence in the first investigation.
According to Pedro do Carmo there was no evidence pointing to the McCanns in the second investigation.

They are your words... DC never mentioned the second investigation... So cite where he mentions the second investigation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #338 on: December 12, 2018, 08:06:14 PM »
Can you not see how absurd that is?  What happened to the evidence from the first investigation then?  Did the second investigation ignore it or forget about it?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #339 on: December 12, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »
Can you not see how absurd that is?  What happened to the evidence from the first investigation then?  Did the second investigation ignore it or forget about it?
Looking at what Do Carmo says and his facial expressions he is not convincing IMO. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #340 on: December 12, 2018, 09:23:54 PM »
Looking at what Do Carmo says and his facial expressions he is not convincing IMO.

He is to me... He is obviously  very uncomfortable  having to accept what a pigs ear the initial  investigation  was.. Imo

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #341 on: December 12, 2018, 09:34:11 PM »
What's important is what he, says.. Not your opinion of it

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #342 on: December 12, 2018, 09:39:42 PM »
They are your words... DC never mentioned the second investigation... So cite where he mentions the second investigation

Listen again to what he says and forget what you think he says.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #343 on: December 12, 2018, 09:40:34 PM »
I was hoping that someone who had read the book would give me their opinion.
I really was commenting on the title of the book and expressing my opinion on that.
I do hope you are giving the same guidance to those who comment on the SY investigation who are also commenting from "an uniformed opinion" and should have " full knowledge" of the investigation before making any comment.

You should take heed of Bo's sound advice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lch0o4wwGyw
 or if you prefer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFrlnHMk_J8
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #344 on: December 12, 2018, 09:46:51 PM »

He is being asked questions he doesn't want to answer.
Result = happy posting.