Author Topic: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.  (Read 80744 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.
« Reply #345 on: December 12, 2018, 10:21:19 PM »
So - no badly told story.

Perhaps we can move on.

Indeed there is more than one ‘badly told story’ emanating from the bowels of the first investigation. 

There is the one which is the subject of this thread. 
There is the one detailed by Jose Manuel Oliveira and to which you appear to take such visceral exception despite its provenance.

I can understand that.

Jose Manuel Oliveira is in the position to categorically blow the whistle on the fact that the Judicial Police were in the business of utilising the media against individuals and that is precisely what he did.

In this case the victims of the leaks being the McCanns and their friends. 
All initiated two days into Madeleine’s disappearance.  Proving that it is a nonsense to say that Madeleine’s parents were not under close scrutiny right from the beginning.  Just how much it deflected from interest in other avenues of investigation which might have led to Madeleine we will never know.

The investigation began with the press and it ended for Amaral with the press when he blew his cover as he mouthed off his chagrin to a journalist and was named and not as ‘a source close to the PJ’.

What the PJ thought was sufficient to justify making Kate and Gerry arguidos wasn’t … the proof of that being that there was nothing which justified charging them with any crime.
What he was unable to do using the law he undertook to do using the power of the word processor and so he came up with the esoteric and inventive title for his book.

Exactly what is your objection to my reference to the Diario of the Noticias: "Headline: a badly told story."  Have I touched on it here?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #346 on: December 12, 2018, 10:25:27 PM »
He is being asked questions he doesn't want to answer.
In your opinion.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #347 on: December 12, 2018, 10:30:11 PM »
What's important is what he, says.. Not your opinion of it
When the police interview a suspect it is the facial expressions and body language that give clues as to the truthfulness of what is being said.  OK that is an opinion too.  What is being said could be untrue but the body language is a clue. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #348 on: December 12, 2018, 10:38:28 PM »
Looking at Chapter 2 "Apartment 5A's small garden opens directly onto the public road. From inside the apartments, the gardens are reached via French windows which have very little security, and only a blind shutting them off from the outside."

Weren't all the windows and patio door  also having "very little security"  but sufficient security if the windows are locked.

Further along Amaral states "access to the leisure areas is not controlled either"  The point I have made is that the entrance to the Tapas area is controllable via the access card if the door at the Secondary Reception was closed.

Amaral doesn't mention the patio door as an access way in Chapter 2.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #349 on: December 12, 2018, 11:16:00 PM »
This is surprising "After this reception, the holiday-makers go to the Millenium restaurant, situated nearly 2 kilometres from the apartments, at the entrance to the village of Luz."
Point to point it 470 meters and taking the footpath would only add 30 meters or so.  I'd say the total distance was less the 520 meters from 5A to the Millennium restaurant.
Moderation

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #350 on: December 12, 2018, 11:19:39 PM »
Indeed there is more than one ‘badly told story’ emanating from the bowels of the first investigation. 

There is the one detailed by Jose Manuel Oliveira and to which you appear to take such visceral exception despite its provenance.

I can understand that.

Jose Manuel Oliveira is in the position to categorically blow the whistle on the fact that the Judicial Police were in the business of utilising the media against individuals and that is precisely what he did.

All initiated two days into Madeleine’s disappearance.  Proving that it is a nonsense to say that Madeleine’s parents were not under close scrutiny right from the beginning.  Just how much it deflected from interest in other avenues of investigation which might have led to Madeleine we will never know.

The investigation began with the press and it ended for Amaral with the press when he blew his cover as he mouthed off his chagrin to a journalist and was named and not as ‘a source close to the PJ’.

What the PJ thought was sufficient to justify making Kate and Gerry arguidos wasn’t … the proof of that being that there was nothing which justified charging them with any crime.
What he was unable to do using the law he undertook to do using the power of the word processor and so he came up with the esoteric and inventive title for his book.

Exactly what is your objection to my reference to the Diario of the Noticias: "Headline: a badly told story."  Have I touched on it here?

Channel 4 newsman Alex Thomson said the media coverage of Maddie made him sick. He said "I've been sickened by the way the media have allowed themselves to be taken for a full-scale ride by the McCanns."
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #351 on: December 13, 2018, 08:03:13 AM »
When the police interview a suspect it is the facial expressions and body language that give clues as to the truthfulness of what is being said.  OK that is an opinion too.  What is being said could be untrue but the body language is a clue.

imo he looks uncomfortable because he is being asked questions about the previous investigation which he knows was very badly handled

Offline kizzy

« Reply #352 on: December 13, 2018, 08:05:49 AM »

I can understand that.

Just how much it deflected from interest in other avenues of investigation which might have led to Madeleine we will never know.

Same as if the mccns had been made suspect in the beginning - instead of them being wrapped in cotton wool.

GA

You admitted the possibility that the children had been given sedatives.

The twins, with the lights on, with the lights off, with a crowd of people going in and out, slept until 2 a.m., when they were carried into another apartment. Even then, they continued to sleep. That sleep is not normal.

But the Judiciária did nothing.

Once again, we were inhibited. We thought about asking the parents to test their hair, in order to understand whether there were sedatives, but as soon as it was found out, it would be said that we were suspecting the parents, and it was being avoided at all costs that it became public that those suspicions existed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #353 on: December 13, 2018, 08:06:08 AM »
They aren't my words. The Supreme Court Judges said; that there was insufficient evidence in the first investigation.
According to Pedro do Carmo there was no evidence pointing to the McCanns in the second investigation.

PDC never used the words ..second investigation....imo you are making things up..

His words are there for all to hear...there is no evidence at this point that suggests the involvement of the mcccanns..

that is crystal clear...no mention whatsoever of the second investigation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #354 on: December 13, 2018, 08:08:53 AM »

Just how much it deflected from interest in other avenues of investigation which might have led to Madeleine we will never know.

Same as if the mccns had been made suspect in the beginning - instead of them being wrapped in cotton wool.

GA

You admitted the possibility that the children had been given sedatives.

The twins, with the lights on, with the lights off, with a crowd of people going in and out, slept until 2 a.m., when they were carried into another apartment. Even then, they continued to sleep. That sleep is not normal.

But the Judiciária did nothing.

Once again, we were inhibited. We thought about asking the parents to test their hair, in order to understand whether there were sedatives, but as soon as it was found out, it would be said that we were suspecting the parents, and it was being avoided at all costs that it became public that those suspicions existed.

as there is no evidence against the mccanns  I dont see how making them suspects would make any difference...the fact is amaral and the rest of his team thought there was evidence ...the archiving report corrects them...as does Da Carmo

Offline Sunny

« Reply #355 on: December 13, 2018, 08:21:53 AM »
as there is no evidence against the mccanns  I dont see how making them suspects would make any difference...the fact is amaral and the rest of his team thought there was evidence ...the archiving report corrects them...as does Da Carmo

To me there are many things to question though.   Where was the wall in the tapas bar that Jane Tanner says she put her baby monitor?   That is one that occurred to me this morning.

Could anyone find it for me please.

Reply    “Err, no I think the only thing that I have thought inretrospect is the fact that I went down to test the baby monitorthat first, first night. I mean sometimes I put, because we wereworried about the, what do you call it, the reach of the babymonitor, I sometimes put it, there was a wall behind me so I’dput it on there because it was slightly, slightly nearer becauseit’d start sort of squealing at times so, so that’s the onlyother thing I can think of because you know it wasn’t, sometimeswe wouldn’t have been sitting at, I didn’t have it, so actuallysitting on the table it was, it was on the wall where the tile(inaudible) were I sometimes had it on the wall there.”

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:27:13 AM by Sunny »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #356 on: December 13, 2018, 08:41:50 AM »

I can understand that.

EITHER START A THREAD TO DISCUSS THIS

or move on.

Boring.
What's up, old man?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #357 on: December 13, 2018, 08:44:18 AM »

I can understand that.

Brietta you say "right from the beginning" do you mean the first week or the first moments of the investigation.   
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #358 on: December 13, 2018, 08:57:59 AM »
PDC never used the words ..second investigation....imo you are making things up..

His words are there for all to hear...there is no evidence at this point that suggests the involvement of the mcccanns..

that is crystal clear...no mention whatsoever of the second investigation

Let me help you;

"When we came up with the team to review the case ...... at that point the McCanns were no suspects to us". That was in 2012 if I recall correctly.

"There is no fact at this point (2017) or evidence that they were involved"

He is perfectly clear. He is speaking only about the PJ's approach from 2012 onwards.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #359 on: December 13, 2018, 09:00:49 AM »
Channel 4 newsman Alex Thomson said the media coverage of Maddie made him sick. He said "I've been sickened by the way the media have allowed themselves to be taken for a full-scale ride by the McCanns."

He was not the only one to rush to judgement at the time.  But apparently his bosses reprimanded him for it. http://themaddiecasefiles.com/exclusive-tv-man-s-sick-jibe-at-maddie-parents-09--t15414.html

However ... the quote you posted is from early days in 2007 ... is there anything more recent? Do you know, for example, if he reiterated his comment?  Perhaps on twitter?

I ask … for the simple reason that I know that seven years down the line in the midst of his report on attempted genocide taking place against minority peoples of northern Iraq by ‘Islamic State’ the first (rather inappropriate, I thought) response was an attempt to recruit him.
The first response made to his rather heavy subject on the annihilation of whole peoples was as follows ...

teresa
Hi there Alex, just trying to get a message to you. I think you are a real hero speaking out about the farce that is the Mccann case. Please if you have nothing else to loose but your good name please come and look at the Justice for Madeleine site. We are 30.000 plus strong alone plus there are many other sites with members just waiting for someone to go against the MSM’s storytelling. We, J. f M. base all our thoughs on the police files both U:K: and Portuguise. A little girl died and has not been put to rest.. the parent have done so well from this..something is just not right. Please, just come and read the files we have….costs you nothing!
8 Aug 2014 at 9:25 pm
‘Out on the mountain right now, it is genocide’ https://www.channel4.com/news/by/alex-thomson/blogs/is-yezidis-kurds-iraq-downing-street-protest

Wonder if that gave him food for thought ... as much as I am being given it ... by the denial and reluctance to debate the fruits of Amaral's thinking as outlined in his book 🤪
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....