Author Topic: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.  (Read 80746 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.
« Reply #360 on: December 13, 2018, 09:04:34 AM »
Let me help you;

"When we came up with the team to review the case ...... at that point the McCanns were no suspects to us". That was in 2012 if I recall correctly.

"There is no fact at this point (2017) or evidence that they were involved"

He is perfectly clear. He is speaking only about the PJ's approach from 2012 onwards.

No it isn't... That's just your opinion and IMO it it clearly wrong... In may 2017...he states there is no evidence..

I don't need any help from you so please, stop goading
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 09:12:17 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #361 on: December 13, 2018, 09:10:04 AM »
To me there are many things to question though.   Where was the wall in the tapas bar that Jane Tanner says she put her baby monitor?   That is one that occurred to me this morning.

Could anyone find it for me please.

Reply    “Err, no I think the only thing that I have thought inretrospect is the fact that I went down to test the baby monitorthat first, first night. I mean sometimes I put, because we wereworried about the, what do you call it, the reach of the babymonitor, I sometimes put it, there was a wall behind me so I’dput it on there because it was slightly, slightly nearer becauseit’d start sort of squealing at times so, so that’s the onlyother thing I can think of because you know it wasn’t, sometimeswe wouldn’t have been sitting at, I didn’t have it, so actuallysitting on the table it was, it was on the wall where the tile(inaudible) were I sometimes had it on the wall there.”

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/JANE_TANNER_RIGATORY.htm

That's puzzled me too. Can you see a wall anywhere near where Gerry McCann is saying th table was? There may be some surfaces behind him which could be described as walls, perhaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPS0eyLID1A 28.08
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #362 on: December 13, 2018, 09:10:14 AM »

Just how much it deflected from interest in other avenues of investigation which might have led to Madeleine we will never know.

Same as if the mccns had been made suspect in the beginning - instead of them being wrapped in cotton wool.

GA

You admitted the possibility that the children had been given sedatives.

The twins, with the lights on, with the lights off, with a crowd of people going in and out, slept until 2 a.m., when they were carried into another apartment. Even then, they continued to sleep. That sleep is not normal.

But the Judiciária did nothing.

Once again, we were inhibited. We thought about asking the parents to test their hair, in order to understand whether there were sedatives, but as soon as it was found out, it would be said that we were suspecting the parents, and it was being avoided at all costs that it became public that those suspicions existed.

You appear to misunderstand the crux of my posts regarding the significance of the the Judicial Police feeding the media with suspicion with leaks such as "Badly told story" in the golden hours of Madeleine;s disappearance ... which at least one member of this forum appears to abhor for some reason he refuses to defend.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #363 on: December 13, 2018, 09:17:17 AM »
Brietta you say "right from the beginning" do you mean the first week or the first moments of the investigation.

I have supplied the link a few times ... perhaps you missed it?

JOSE MANUEL OLIVEIRA
Crime reporter, 'Diario de Noticias'
Information started circulating from sources connected to the Portuguese police that the story was full of holes from the side of the McCanns and their friends. Indeed within two days of Madeleine disappearing, this crime correspondent was filing this piece in the Portuguese Daily: Diario of the Noticias: "Headline: a badly told story." We started to receive information according to which the police suspected the theory they had apprehensions, didn't believe the theory that she had been kidnapped. To conclude, the police started to suspect the parents from the word go.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #364 on: December 13, 2018, 09:28:02 AM »
Let me help you;

"When we came up with the team to review the case ...... at that point the McCanns were no suspects to us". That was in 2012 if I recall correctly.

"There is no fact at this point (2017) or evidence that they were involved"

He is perfectly clear. He is speaking only about the PJ's approach from 2012 onwards.

So the Judicial Police didn't bother to carry out a review??

Snip
" ... If the PJ requested the reopening, it has good motives to do so." Portuguese Justice Minister Paula Teixeira da Cruz

Portuguese law officials and senior officers in the PJ have been acutely aware of criticism of the initial police investigation and insist they are determined to solve the case.

Ms Teixeira da Cruz urged people to be "proud" of the work being done by the PJ, which she insisted had not been idle in seeking to solve the mystery.

For a time Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, were seen as arguidos or suspects but that status was lifted. Now they are being kept fully informed of all developments and were given a personal briefing of the work of the PJ in Lisbon last week. https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/439464/Portuguese-police-held-their-own-Madeleine-McCann-reconstruction

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #365 on: December 13, 2018, 09:52:34 AM »
No it isn't... That's just your opinion and IMO it it clearly wrong... In may 2017...he states there is no evidence..

It's clear you prefer to believe your opinion of what was said rather than listening to the actual words spoken by Pedro do Carmo.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #366 on: December 13, 2018, 09:57:16 AM »
It's clear you prefer to believe your opinion of what was said rather than listening to the actual words spoken by Pedro do Carmo.

And it's clear you Wil not accept evidence which goes against your mind-set.... No evidence is what DCclearly says.... At this point... He clearly says.... The meaning is not open to interpretation... Only an attempt to ignore the truth... On your behalf

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #367 on: December 13, 2018, 10:03:51 AM »
So the Judicial Police didn't bother to carry out a review??

Snip
" ... If the PJ requested the reopening, it has good motives to do so." Portuguese Justice Minister Paula Teixeira da Cruz

Portuguese law officials and senior officers in the PJ have been acutely aware of criticism of the initial police investigation and insist they are determined to solve the case.

Ms Teixeira da Cruz urged people to be "proud" of the work being done by the PJ, which she insisted had not been idle in seeking to solve the mystery.

For a time Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, were seen as arguidos or suspects but that status was lifted. Now they are being kept fully informed of all developments and were given a personal briefing of the work of the PJ in Lisbon last week. https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/439464/Portuguese-police-held-their-own-Madeleine-McCann-reconstruction

I posted the transcript of Pedro do Carmo saying 'review'' so I don't understand why you think I've overlooked the fact. Allegedly they decided to review the evidence following meetings with Operation Grange;

Following a meeting of the Scotland Yard with the PJ's directorate, it was assigned to the section of investigation and criminal prevention of Oporto the task of liaison with the English in the re-analysis of the case elements.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/59march12/JORNAL_DE_NOTICIAS_09_03_2012.htm
Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #368 on: December 13, 2018, 10:15:01 AM »
Chapter 3 " I demand to be informed very regularly and, before going home, I call on the police on duty to check that all urgent measures are underway. The head of the Guard has already alerted the police authorities at Faro airport and the control post set up on the Guadiana* bridge." 

Is it true someone alerted the control post on the Guadiana* bridge?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #369 on: December 13, 2018, 10:18:02 AM »
I posted the transcript of Pedro do Carmo saying 'review'' so I don't understand why you think I've overlooked the fact. Allegedly they decided to review the evidence following meetings with Operation Grange;

Following a meeting of the Scotland Yard with the PJ's directorate, it was assigned to the section of investigation and criminal prevention of Oporto the task of liaison with the English in the re-analysis of the case elements.
http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/59march12/JORNAL_DE_NOTICIAS_09_03_2012.htm

If that review had shown evidence against thr mccanns then DC would not be in a position to say there was no evidence

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #370 on: December 13, 2018, 10:25:09 AM »
Chapter 3:  "All of the video recordings from the tourist complex - hotels, banks, pharmacies, supermarkets and service stations -, including those from the CCTV cameras of two motorways - one leading to Lagos and one linking Lagos and Spain -, will be viewed."

So there was video footage!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #371 on: December 13, 2018, 10:28:45 AM »

I think the Portuguese might be rather offended by the presumption it was necessary for them to wing it on the coat-tails of others in what was very much their own business and jurisdiction.

It appears you may have missed the following from the link I provided earlier ...

Snip

The exercise was the culmination of months of work by four Portuguese detectives based in Porto in the north of the country, who are directly working for the highly respected senior officer Helen Monteiro, an expert on abduction cases.

In Portugal, Ms Monteiro is seen as the driving force finally to get the Madeleine case files re-opened after five years, rather than through the efforts of Scotland Yard. She and her team are working separately from the Yard, although there is close liaison between the two.

Yesterday Portuguese Justice Minister Paula Teixeira da Cruz said the decision to reopen the case, taken last week, was due to the work of the Policia Judiciaria and not because of pressure from Scotland Yard. She said: "The PJ developed diligences that allowed for this process to be reopened. Often there are almost perfect crimes and not all of them are discovered all over the world. If the PJ requested the reopening, it has good motives to do so."
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/439464/Portuguese-police-held-their-own-Madeleine-McCann-reconstruction

Offline kizzy

« Reply #372 on: December 13, 2018, 10:33:47 AM »
You appear to misunderstand the crux of my posts regarding the significance of the the Judicial Police feeding the media with suspicion with leaks such as "Badly told story" in the golden hours of Madeleine;s disappearance ... which at least one member of this forum appears to abhor for some reason he refuses to defend.

Ok, but my point was - so much seemed to be missed at the start by PJ not treating mcns as suspects.

The build-up seems of what GA wanted to do - collapsed like a pack of cards when he was removed.

G.A. – Inhibition. One of the mistakes was that we did not advance on this group with everything that legally was within our reach: Tapping, surveillance. It was necessary, for example, to recover the clothes that the little girl was wearing when she left the crèche to go home. There, we thought: if we go, it will immediately be said that we suspect the parents. That inhibition happened throughout time.

And that led you towards the abduction.

We had to prove that there was no abduction, in order to focus on those persons afterwards…

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #373 on: December 13, 2018, 10:36:05 AM »
He was not the only one to rush to judgement at the time.  But apparently his bosses reprimanded him for it. http://themaddiecasefiles.com/exclusive-tv-man-s-sick-jibe-at-maddie-parents-09--t15414.html

However ... the quote you posted is from early days in 2007 ... is there anything more recent? Do you know, for example, if he reiterated his comment?  Perhaps on twitter?

I ask … for the simple reason that I know that seven years down the line in the midst of his report on attempted genocide taking place against minority peoples of northern Iraq by ‘Islamic State’ the first (rather inappropriate, I thought) response was an attempt to recruit him.
The first response made to his rather heavy subject on the annihilation of whole peoples was as follows ...

teresa
Hi there Alex, just trying to get a message to you. I think you are a real hero speaking out about the farce that is the Mccann case. Please if you have nothing else to loose but your good name please come and look at the Justice for Madeleine site. We are 30.000 plus strong alone plus there are many other sites with members just waiting for someone to go against the MSM’s storytelling. We, J. f M. base all our thoughs on the police files both U:K: and Portuguise. A little girl died and has not been put to rest.. the parent have done so well from this..something is just not right. Please, just come and read the files we have….costs you nothing!
8 Aug 2014 at 9:25 pm
‘Out on the mountain right now, it is genocide’ https://www.channel4.com/news/by/alex-thomson/blogs/is-yezidis-kurds-iraq-downing-street-protest

Wonder if that gave him food for thought ... as much as I am being given it ... by the denial and reluctance to debate the fruits of Amaral's thinking as outlined in his book 🤪

No idea what all that has to be with the fact that in 2007 Alex Thomson, who had an insider’s view, believed the press was being played a merry dance by the McCanns. Time does not change that.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #374 on: December 13, 2018, 10:38:44 AM »
If that review had shown evidence against thr mccanns then DC would not be in a position to say there was no evidence

They are still two entirely separate investigations with separate personnel and conclusions. Therefore Pedro do Carmo's words cannot be seen as applying to the first investigation. It's like you and I; we can both read the same information and arrive at different conclusions.
Result = happy posting.