Author Topic: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.  (Read 80746 times)

Offline jassi

Re: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.
« Reply #660 on: December 15, 2018, 07:08:09 PM »

There does seem to be an indomitable disliking of the guy.

That's because he dared to call the McCanns out - IMO

Not only that, he trounced them in the courts.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #661 on: December 15, 2018, 07:08:51 PM »
Merdely your opinion then.
So three courts have stated that the McCanns rights were not infringed yet you maintain those judgements contain serious flaws?
Serious flaws according to whom? Anyone who is actually knowledgable on the appropriate laws and their interpretation?. I mean stated flaws by an appropriately experienced lawyer not your interpolation.
the argumnet from ...you are not an expert.... fallacy...based on your logic ...amaral had no right to draw conclusions re the dna or the dogs...hes not qualified in either...no right to suspect sedation...no knowledge their either...no one here has the right to say the SC judgement was correct...not qualified to do so.....no right to judge the evidence...not qualified to do so...etc..etc...etc...I remember when you used to make some sensible posts...whats happened

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #662 on: December 15, 2018, 07:10:46 PM »
In my opinion that is just your prejudice

You think he should?

Offline jassi

« Reply #663 on: December 15, 2018, 07:11:27 PM »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #664 on: December 15, 2018, 07:11:39 PM »
That's because he dared to call the McCanns out - IMO

Not only that, he trounced them in the courts.

amaral didnt trounce anyone in any court...he hardly said a word...amaral was in no way responsible for the SC ruling.....apart from the mere fact he was part of the portuguese establishmnet...I can see the ECHR taking a totally different view

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #665 on: December 15, 2018, 07:13:01 PM »
Good point.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10458.msg507131#msg507131
"... Amaral's 'leadership' was controlled by his superiors; Encarnacao and Neves."

The two we know about.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #666 on: December 15, 2018, 07:18:50 PM »
Should what ?
"He should never have been allowed to coordinate that investigation in the first place."
OR
He should be allowed to coordinate that investigation in the first place.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #667 on: December 15, 2018, 07:20:57 PM »
I have requested a cite several times from you and none has been forthcoming.

Your request is impossible to fulfill, that's why. The 'libel' word was used by the McCanns and the UK media. As far as I know none of them ever said that Amaral didn't libel the McCcanns. The Portuguese media used the word 'damages' rather than libel.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #668 on: December 15, 2018, 07:23:47 PM »
Your request is impossible to fulfill, that's why. The 'libel' word was used by the McCanns and the UK media. As far as I know none of them ever said that Amaral didn't libel the McCcanns. The Portuguese media used the word 'damages' rather than libel.

The argument could be easily put to bed if its known just what the McCanns lawyers had written on the writ,any one have a copy to hand?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #669 on: December 15, 2018, 07:26:47 PM »
Then it is not true to say the courts rejected libel, they simply never even considered it.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #670 on: December 15, 2018, 07:27:37 PM »
Then it is not true to say the courts rejected libel, they simply never even considered it.

Were they asked to?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #671 on: December 15, 2018, 07:28:30 PM »
amaral didnt trounce anyone in any court...he hardly said a word...amaral was in no way responsible for the SC ruling.....apart from the mere fact he was part of the portuguese establishmnet...I can see the ECHR taking a totally different view

The McCanns could be said to have trounced themselves. They made assertions and accusations that they were unable to prove and got what they deserved imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #672 on: December 15, 2018, 07:28:48 PM »
Amaral wasn't fit for anything.  He understood nothing and accomplished nothing.  He produced No Evidence.  And was completely useless.

And then he wrote a dreadful book because Cristovao had done the same thing, and made a few bob.  This is all a bit beyond me.

I will never understand what Amaral served to do.  But whatever it was he failed miserably.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #673 on: December 15, 2018, 07:30:12 PM »

Were they asked to?
I’ve no idea, I simply made the statement that obviously Amaral did libel the McCanns and was told that my view was not shared by the courts.  I am correcting that incorrect statement.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #674 on: December 15, 2018, 07:31:59 PM »

Well the McCanns used the word ad infimitum. They never said they were suing Amaral for damages, which is what they actually did. Whatever it's called they were unsuccessful.
Result = happy posting.