Author Topic: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.  (Read 80744 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.
« Reply #690 on: December 15, 2018, 08:49:15 PM »
Is it a problem?  News to me that that is a problem!
I din’t know, it could be.  The rules about libel on this forum are so nebulous (to use a fashionable word) I can’t keep track of what is and isn’t allowed tbh.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #691 on: December 15, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »
Try Googling him ... I believe he is relatively well known on Portuguese television.

TELEVISION
Miguel Sousa Tavares swaps SIC on TVI
8/23/2018, 10:031,700
The lawyer, a former journalist and one of the main faces of the commentary in Portugal, returns to a station where he has been for 12 years. For more than seven years, I was analyzing the current situation in SIC.

It's a return to a house you know well . Eight and a half years after going to Carnaxide, Miguel Sousa Tavares once again has a commentary space on TVI . To the Observer, the commentator confirmed the information advanced this Thursday by the Correio da Manhã, but does not clarify when this return to the station of Queluz de Baixo takes place.

Currently, Sousa Tavares had a regular comment space on SIC's Jornal da Noite , every Monday. He was also a commentator resident at the station since 2011, a year after leaving TVI to play in Carnaxide, the current analysis space Sinais de Fogo, which was attended by the former prime minister at the premiere. "A suicide attempt that I hope will not work" - that is how the commentator defined his transfer at the time. It was also, he said, the "end of the beautiful and quiet life" he had in TVI, "merit" of SIC that had managed to get him to the competition.

Miguel Sousa Tavares now does the reverse. "I confirm, but for now, nothing more," says the commentator. The Obervador also found that the lawyer maintains the weekly column that signs on Expresso (publication of the group Impresa, owner of SIC) but it is not yet known when it starts its new comment space on TVI.

In Queluz de Baixo, where he arrived in 1999 , Sousa Tavares shared the stage with former Justice Minister Paula Teixeira da Cruz in the Legitimate Defense program, moderated by Pedro Rolo Duarte (meanwhile deceased). The following year, he would start commenting on current events.
https://observador.pt/2018/08/23/miguel-sousa-tavares-troca-sic-pela-tvi/

And what experience does he have about leading investigations? None so why are you posting nonsense!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #692 on: December 15, 2018, 09:02:15 PM »
in red...describes defamation...or libel

Defamation includes both libel and slander.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #693 on: December 15, 2018, 09:04:21 PM »
If these "facts" were presented as facts then they could be damaging.  But I tend to see them as being presented in the book at least as a theory, just as a possibility, which he favoured over and above the other theories as one does with their own theories.

Opinion is libellous... But you need to finish the book.. The conclusion is libellous

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #694 on: December 15, 2018, 09:09:57 PM »
Did you not notice the bit where he backs down? He changes from accusing Amaral to accusing 'the team'

MST : Then I remove the charge on yourself, the team you conducted failed both goals, it didn't find the child nor what happened to her.

That was nice of him  @)(++(*
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #695 on: December 15, 2018, 09:10:10 PM »
I've still got one or two chapters to go, but so far I  don't see anything libellous in the book itself.  I have a feeling it was the combination of video and book and interviews that when taken in total that there might be something to complain about.

It's not a matter of opinion and complaining isn't sufficient. The complainant has to prove that he/she/they were defamed. If they fail to prove it they lose.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #696 on: December 15, 2018, 09:16:59 PM »
Opinion is libellous... But you need to finish the book.. The conclusion is libellous

In English law opinion is only defamatory if it's based on defamatory facts.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #697 on: December 15, 2018, 09:21:52 PM »
That was nice of him  @)(++(*

Of course the same accusation could be levelled at Rebelo, do Carmo, Redwood and Wall. They have all failed to find the child or what happened to her.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #698 on: December 15, 2018, 09:30:26 PM »

If I say I think x is a paedophile... That's defamatory...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #699 on: December 15, 2018, 09:31:48 PM »
Defamation includes both libel and slander.

So libel is defamation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #700 on: December 15, 2018, 09:41:26 PM »
If I say I think x is a paedophile... That's defamatory...

Because it would be a lie unless you had some evidence.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #701 on: December 15, 2018, 09:50:22 PM »
Because it would be a lie unless you had some evidence.
Evidence or proof... Weak evidence or strong evidence

Offline Brietta

« Reply #702 on: December 15, 2018, 10:10:00 PM »
Of course the same accusation could be levelled at Rebelo, do Carmo, Redwood and Wall. They have all failed to find the child or what happened to her.

Amaral squandered the benefit no-one else enjoyed of the golden hours.  His book is a masterclass of some of the ways in which he squandered them.

Snip

MST : One can't trust what the witnesses say, ok. 
G A : Not the witnesses, the suspects, don't you forget that  !

MST : (mocking) But you determined them as suspects before they became suspects, it is what it seems to me, really, the idea you give is that they are immediately suspects..
GA : But they're not...

MST :  You woke up the next day in the morning and without even having looked at their faces, you are already suspecting them..
GA : But it's a golden rule...

MST : Which golden rule ? I think the golden rule here is to start investigating, if there is evidence, then suspicions may arise, but before you have any evidence, there are already suspicions.
GA : No, in international terms... We don't have many cases...

MST : Gonçalo Amaral, excuse me for that, but it seems to me that you started from a thesis and looked for evidence to confirm your thesis, instead of doing the other way round.
GA : You're wrong, on the contrary I can tell you something: in the beginning they said it was a case similar to another one, I said no...   
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7483.0
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #703 on: December 15, 2018, 10:41:35 PM »
Jezus. I despair.  There has never been any evidence or proof.  So why on earth are we doing this?  Is there some inherent hatred that I don't understand?  Or are we all so bemused that we can't see that there is nothing.
Personally, I don't care all that much any more.  There is never going to be a good end to this.  And that is really sad.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #704 on: December 15, 2018, 11:11:46 PM »
???
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly