Author Topic: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.  (Read 80746 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.
« Reply #750 on: December 16, 2018, 04:37:50 PM »
A bit like that darned cat - neither one thing nor the other - or possibly both at the same time   ?{)(**

Consider the case of the CPS who decline to bring a case to court because they consider they have little chance of a conviction.  Do they then consider their 'target' to be innocent ?
In the eyes of the law that person is innocent, and it’s not up to them to prove otherwise, unless you have a cite for the applicable bit of legislation which says so or which states such a person is a little bit guilty or a little bit innocent?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 04:40:48 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #751 on: December 16, 2018, 04:38:59 PM »
Maybe he's just grown weary of the whole thing. I know I have .
Not THAT weary though!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #752 on: December 16, 2018, 04:41:50 PM »
In the eyes of the law that person is innocent, and it’s not up to them to prove otherwise, unless you have a cite for the applicable bit of legislation which says somor which states such a person is a little bit guilty or a little bit innocent?

If you look at Colin Stagg... Even though he was totally innocent the CPS had enough evidence to take him to trial... But not enough to convict him... Fortunately.  In other countries  he may have been persuaded to confess

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #753 on: December 16, 2018, 04:53:14 PM »
If you look at Colin Stagg... Even though he was totally innocent the CPS had enough evidence to take him to trial... But not enough to convict him... Fortunately.  In other countries  he may have been persuaded to confess
I guess those who support Amaral’s right to write his book would have been equally supportive of any ex-copper writing a best selling book about Stagg being Rachel Nickell’s killer and publishing it before the true culprit was known. 

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #754 on: December 16, 2018, 05:41:58 PM »
In the eyes of the law that person is innocent, and it’s not up to them to prove otherwise, unless you have a cite for the applicable bit of legislation which says so or which states such a person is a little bit guilty or a little bit innocent?

Oh The McCanns have a special law afforded to them?

how very quaint...

well actually all BS....  in the eyes of the law no one is innocent. The terminology you struggle with is-  in the eyes of the law they will be PRESUMED innocent.

Tks tsk

I guess those who support Amaral’s right to write his book would have been equally supportive of any ex-copper writing a best selling book about Stagg being Rachel Nickell’s killer and publishing it before the true culprit was known.

What a lovely accusation, I would like a cite just so you don't look  like a complete £&@@@!!!

Shall we havea  vote? Yes I think we should have a vote or have the post removed  Hello Admin, what say you?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline jassi

« Reply #755 on: December 16, 2018, 05:45:35 PM »
Not THAT weary though!

You got inside knowledge or just voicing an opinion ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #756 on: December 16, 2018, 05:49:16 PM »
Although not confirmed, the cadaver dog alerts suggested the possibility that a cadaver had been in 5a at some point. Redwood admitted that SY believed that Madeleine may not have left the apartment alive. Anyone who thinks that any police force wouldn’t consider the alerts in their investigations is living in cloud cuckoo land I’m afraid.
True but now add in woke and wandered as well.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #757 on: December 16, 2018, 05:51:02 PM »
Anyone who think the, alerts, confirmed a body in 5a is living in cloud cuckoo land.... And that includes, amaral and his misguided team...
Getting close to being abusive Davel. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #758 on: December 16, 2018, 05:59:15 PM »
Getting close to being abusive Davel.

abusive to who....I didnt introduce the phrase

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #759 on: December 16, 2018, 06:08:13 PM »
abusive to who....I didnt introduce the phrase
I haven't had to delete any posts lately because the arguments have been attacking the post rather than the person.  But when you say a person understanding such and such is living in cuckoo land that is getting close to being an ad hominem.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #760 on: December 16, 2018, 06:14:53 PM »
Although not confirmed, the cadaver dog alerts suggested the possibility that a cadaver had been in 5a at some point. Redwood admitted that SY believed that Madeleine may not have left the apartment alive. Anyone who thinks that any police force wouldn’t consider the alerts in their investigations is living in cloud cuckoo land I’m afraid.

this was the post  I was replying to...so is this an ad hom...my post needs to be seen in context
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 06:18:23 PM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #761 on: December 16, 2018, 06:23:45 PM »
Anyone who think the, alerts, confirmed a body in 5a is living in cloud cuckoo land.... And that includes, amaral and his misguided team...
In his book Amaral makes mention that he felt the two dogs (an EVRD and a CSI dog) working in combination "confirm" the presence of a death.  ( I suppose that happens in the mind of a detective looking for clues.)

Did Keela alert in the bedroom?
Did Keela alert to Cuddle Cat?

I think this is why GA is more focused on what happened around the sofa, yet I don't.

Faithlilly's comment was a tad bit milder than yours even though very similar.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #762 on: December 16, 2018, 06:29:12 PM »
In his book Amaral makes mention that he felt the two dogs (an EVRD and a CSI dog) working in combination "confirm" the presence of a death.  ( I suppose that happens in the mind of a detective looking for clues.)

Did Keela alert in the bedroom?
Did Keela alert to Cuddle Cat?

I think this is why GA is more focused on what happened around the sofa, yet I don't.

Faithlilly's comment was a tad bit milder than yours even though very similar.

I dont see faith accusing people of living in cloud cuckoo land any different to mine...if you are sugggesting her post is acceptable and mine isnt...that is totally unnacceptable

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #763 on: December 16, 2018, 06:32:26 PM »
I dont see faith accusing people of living in cloud cuckoo land any different to mine...if you are sugggesting her post is acceptable and mine isnt...that is totally unnacceptable
Read what I said.
Moderation

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #764 on: December 16, 2018, 06:33:56 PM »
Oh The McCanns have a special law afforded to them?

how very quaint...

well actually all BS....  in the eyes of the law no one is innocent. The terminology you struggle with is-  in the eyes of the law they will be PRESUMED innocent.

Tks tsk

What a lovely accusation, I would like a cite just so you don't look  like a complete £&@@@!!!

Shall we havea  vote? Yes I think we should have a vote or have the post removed  Hello Admin, what say you?
If you supported Amaral’s right in this regard but no other ex-copper’s right to do likewise then that would be rather hypocritical IMO. Now have your little vote.