Author Topic: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.  (Read 80746 times)

Offline misty

Re: What is the lie in Amarals book. The truth of the lie.
« Reply #780 on: December 16, 2018, 11:54:58 PM »
I don't take that time factor into consideration.  If it is "new" to me it is liable for moderation.

I respectfully suggest you type "cloud cuckoo land" into the search facility at the top of the page.......

Offline Brietta

« Reply #781 on: December 17, 2018, 12:35:18 AM »
I respectfully suggest you type "cloud cuckoo land" into the search facility at the top of the page.......

Seems "cloud cuckoo land" is an acceptable form of words. I noticed a couple of ' la la's ' too.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #782 on: December 17, 2018, 06:58:21 AM »
Was the Supreme Court not a court of law?

Not one that was considering their culpability.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #783 on: December 17, 2018, 07:08:15 AM »

I did as you suggest and the only examples I could find were from yesterday so I don't understand why you should make that post.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #784 on: December 17, 2018, 07:09:27 AM »
Not one that was considering their culpability.
Sorry, you’ve lost me.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #785 on: December 17, 2018, 07:15:03 AM »
I did as you suggest and the only examples I could find were from yesterday so I don't understand why you should make that post.
who used the term first?  Incidentally I typed “cloud cuckoo” into the search bar and 30 posts came up.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #786 on: December 17, 2018, 07:25:09 AM »
who used the term first?  Incidentally I typed “cloud cuckoo” into the search bar and 30 posts came up.

It was Faithlilly but I didn't find any posts further back than 8am yesterday. I wonder how the search facility works if two searches for the same phrase come up with different results.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #787 on: December 17, 2018, 07:37:12 AM »
Cloud cuckoo brings up 30 results, including this one from John..

a conviction for murdering five people including two children.  If anyone believes for a minute that they will then they are living in cloud cuckoo land with La La.

So I don't really understand  why Rob is, making such a fuss about me using it

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #788 on: December 17, 2018, 08:35:12 AM »
Sorry but I don’t understand your complaint.  I directly quoted you.  I return to my original point which you took issue with.  Clearly the McCanns were libelled by Amaral in his book, do you still dispute this?

If something is in quotation marks and is followed by "said the SC" you are not quoting me.
Of course the book wasn't libelous.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #789 on: December 17, 2018, 08:43:21 AM »
If something is in quotation marks and is followed by "said the SC" you are not quoting me.
Of course the book wasn't libelous.
The book isn't libellous in your opinion.. IMO it is... The ECHR will provide the answer.... My interpretation of the SC ruling is, that even though the book was libellous it was ruled amarals right to free speech was more important  than the mccanns right to reputation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #790 on: December 17, 2018, 08:45:41 AM »
Cloud cuckoo brings up 30 results, including this one from John..

a conviction for murdering five people including two children.  If anyone believes for a minute that they will then they are living in cloud cuckoo land with La La.

So I don't really understand  why Rob is, making such a fuss about me using it
This is what Wikipedia says about Cloud Cuckoo Land:
"Cloud cuckoo land is a state of absurdly, over-optimistic fantasy or an unrealistically idealistic state where everything is perfect. Someone who is said to "live in cloud cuckoo land" is a person who thinks that things that are completely impossible might happen, rather than understanding how things really are.[1] It also hints that the person referred to is naive, unaware of realities or deranged in holding such an optimistic belief.

In the modern world, a "cloud cuckoo land" is defined as someone who is seen as "crazy" or "strange" by most average people, often doing or saying things that seemingly only make sense to themselves, but also exhibit cleverness at times in ways no one else would think of.[2]"

Which is what I though in general.  I'm sure it is not acceptable to say that someone is in "cloud cuckoo land" but it might be OK to warn someone of the dangers of going there.

So it is not the use of the words but how they are used.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 08:50:20 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #791 on: December 17, 2018, 08:54:18 AM »
If you typed in the words you might have an extra space or an unnoticed spelling error.  I entered "cuckoo land" into the search facility and go 30 odd results.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #792 on: December 17, 2018, 08:55:03 AM »
This is what Wikipedia says about Cloud Cuckoo Land:
"Cloud cuckoo land is a state of absurdly, over-optimistic fantasy or an unrealistically idealistic state where everything is perfect. Someone who is said to "live in cloud cuckoo land" is a person who thinks that things that are completely impossible might happen, rather than understanding how things really are.[1] It also hints that the person referred to is naive, unaware of realities or deranged in holding such an optimistic belief.

In the modern world, a "cloud cuckoo land" is defined as someone who is seen as "crazy" or "strange" by most average people, often doing or saying things that seemingly only make sense to themselves, but also exhibit cleverness at times in ways no one else would think of.[2]"

Which is what I though in general.  I'm sure it is not acceptable to say that someone is in "cloud cuckoo land" but it might be OK to warn someone of the dangers of going there.

So it is not the use of the words but how they are used.

If that's, what you think you need to issue John and all the others who have used it a warning... Or as no one has complained about it's use... You could let the forum flow as it has been doing

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #793 on: December 17, 2018, 08:57:46 AM »
If you typed in the words you might have an extra space or an unnoticed spelling error.  I entered "cuckoo land" into the search facility and go 30 odd results.

Yes it's been used quite a lot without anyone being offended

Offline Sunny

« Reply #794 on: December 17, 2018, 09:18:32 AM »

I don't understand. I typed in cuckoo and only got results from yesterday.   None before.