Author Topic: New South Wales toddler William Tyrrell, 3, still missing  (Read 119556 times)

Alfred R Jones

Re: New South Wales toddler William Tyrrell, 3, still missing
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2015, 04:08:12 PM »
By the way, in our house the bog isn't in the same room as the bath - it's in a room barely large enough for one - the idea of piling the kids in while I do a number two would surely be akin to child abuse.   @)(++(* 8()-000(

Offline misty

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2015, 04:17:59 PM »
http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/mar/02/william-tyrell-new-search-launched-for-missing-three-year-old

Bones found in bushland on the New South Wales mid-north coast are not those of missing toddler William Tyrrell.

A pathologist has concluded they are from an animal.

Up to 30 police and sniffer dogs are scouring bushland near Bonny Hills, about 20km from where detectives believe the three-year-old was snatched in September.

Police found the bones on Monday in the search for the toddler who went missing five months ago.

Police started scouring bushland after a tip-off from the public and bones were discovered during the search.

Officers from the Riot Squad, Dog Unit and Water Police were deployed in the vicinity of Houston Mitchell drive and Long Point road at Bonny Hills, close to where the three-year-old vanished five months ago.

Police say new information from the public has sparked the search.

On Sunday, NSW Crime Stoppers reportedly appealed to 26 countries to help find the boy, who was last seen wearing a Spiderman outfit when he disappeared from his grandmother’s yard in Kendall, near Port Macquarie.

It comes less than two weeks after investigators decided to broaden their scope, announcing a plan to speak to anyone who came within 1km of the home between 10am and 11am on 12 September, the day the boy went missing.

Police raided three properties linked to a local washing machine repairman last month, seizing a mattress, vehicles and a computer.

Investigators insist the man is not a suspect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the man is not a suspect, why concentrate on his house/surrounding area?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2015, 04:25:05 PM »
Earlier you'd mentioned being taken "short" while out shopping...

Ok. So home situation, then.

My question was to Carly, so she may have a perfect solution.

In the meantime, if you have, e.g., children of 2, 4 and 6-7 ... then what? You still plonk all of them in a bathtub, shower?

What if you're taking a shower in a small bathroom?

How can children NEVER be left alone for even a minute? What are you supposed to do? Have children sleep in the dining-room until you go to bed? Eat and sleep with them in their bedroom? Grab all your kids every time the phone rings in a different room? Take them all into the toilet with you every time you or any of the kids need to go?

Have a large cage in the living-room with multiple locks on?

... and what kind of children would we be producing, living what sort of lives under constant surveillance?  Children need their freedom to develop, and it is a very sad world indeed that the lives of British children are now are shaped by the outrages of Brady, Hindley, Black and others like them who have stolen not only the childhood of their victims but of the millions of children born since.

The desire to castigate the McCanns for a mistake the consequences of which they will live with for every day of their lives is risible.  Particularly when, whatever the situation, the nearest and dearest of every child who goes missing whatever the circumstances ... is automatically considered culpable, as if the torment they will visit on themselves is not enough!

What kind of world is it when parents are to be considered negligent for allowing children to play and enjoy running between the house and garden with adults in close proximity ... and what kind of mindset is it that uses an occasion of family tragedy as a debating point aimed against the family of another missing child?

William wandered from what was a safe environment, (proved by the fact he was not discovered to have come to harm there) how on earth can his guardians be considered negligent?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
I can't believe this conversation!  I never put my kids in the bath when I needed to "tinkle" - what an odd idea! @)(++(*

According to some purists, you should never leave any of your children unattended - ever - before the age of 12 (or whenever a child is no longer "young").

If taken to the letter, at least according to a certain "researcher / campaigner", that would mean taking your 11.5 year-old, even of a different sex, to the toilet with you several times a day (unless, of course, you have a catheter and a colostomy bag which would hopefully obviate such needs).

That would also mean having sex with your partner with your children in the same room... just so that they're never alone.

If they then end up totally unprepared for life and quite possibly with psychological problems, then that's not your fault: they were never left alone for even a minute.

Offline Anna

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2015, 04:29:50 PM »
Earlier you'd mentioned being taken "short" while out shopping...

Ok. So home situation, then.

My question was to Carly, so she may have a perfect solution.

In the meantime, if you have, e.g., children of 2, 4 and 6-7 ... then what? You still plonk all of them in a bathtub, shower?

What if you're taking a shower in a small bathroom?

How can children NEVER be left alone for even a minute? What are you supposed to do? Have children sleep in the dining-room until you go to bed? Eat and sleep with them in their bedroom? Grab all your kids every time the phone rings in a different room? Take them all into the toilet with you every time you or any of the kids need to go?

Have a large cage in the living-room with multiple locks on?

William's mother and Grandma, were not at fault, in any way.
I had 3 children under 3 years old at one time and a rather small, cloakroom toilet downstairs. No way would I be able to lug them upstairs every time I went to the bathroom.

So I get the 2 year old and sit him on the floor of the cloakroom toilet room, leaving the other 2 while I do so.
Then I leave him alone whilst I go and collect the 1 year old and put her on the toilet floor, leaving the baby,while I do so.
Then I leave the children alone in the toilet room, while I collect the baby, in a cot, or pram... if we were in the garden.

Where do we all fit in?

If people with children, really believe, so strongly that kids shouldn't be left for a minute, I suggest that they invest in a wheeled commode.
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Brietta

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2015, 04:34:36 PM »
According to some purists, you should never leave any of your children unattended - ever - before the age of 12 (or whenever a child is no longer "young").

If taken to the letter, at least according to a certain "researcher / campaigner", that would mean taking your 11.5 year-old, even of a different sex, to the toilet with you several times a day (unless, of course, you have a catheter and a colostomy bag which would hopefully obviate such needs).

That would also mean having sex with your partner with your children in the same room... just so that they're never alone.

If they then end up totally unprepared for life and quite possibly with psychological problems, then that's not your fault: they were never left alone for even a minute.

I am left with the suspicion that the proponents of the argument being put forward that children should never be alone might fall into that category, as outlined in your last sentence.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2015, 04:38:51 PM »
Personally, I wouldn't have left very small children alone in order to go for a tinkle in a shopping-mall, but that's not everyday home life.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »

Which is why we get what have been called "helicopter parents" - they spend their time hovering over little Giles and Tamara making sure they cannot get into any possible danger and they develop their skills with endless extra classes and lessons.

But that is a bit last week  It seems we now also have "lawnmower parents".   Similar- but they hover lower. 

Offline Anna

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2015, 04:56:05 PM »
― Plato

Offline Anna

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2015, 05:44:12 PM »
This thread is about William Tyrell. Please adhere to the topic
― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2015, 05:52:32 PM »
We all have sympathy for this little boy and his family....please don't use his sad fate to try and score points

Offline Carana

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2015, 07:19:29 PM »
This little chap has been missing since September. :(

My thoughts are with those who know and love him. The rollercoaster must be horrendous.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2015, 09:25:17 AM »
This little chap has been missing since September. :(

My thoughts are with those who know and love him. The rollercoaster must be horrendous.

I hear the Log Flume more than makes up for it.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2015, 12:35:35 PM »
Unfortunately in almost every instance of a missing child comparisons are made ... usually based on analysis of the 'body language' of relatives making an appeal.

There were comments when Alice Gross disappeared, there were comments when Rebecca Watts disappeared and there have been comments about William's disappearance too.

Though of course, interpreting body language is a well developed human skill.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2015, 01:08:46 PM »
Though of course, interpreting body language is a well developed human skill.
It's a skill some people believe they possess, but which subsequently turns out to be somewhat overstated.  How many times recently have we seen long threads in which the body language of fathers, boyfriends, brothers of missing girls been analysed by armchair detectives and found to contain signs of guilt, when it then turns out none of those being accused by implication had anything whatsoever to do with the disappearance?  I've lost count.