Author Topic: Netflix launches new 8-part documentary about the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.  (Read 105450 times)

Offline faithlilly

Welcome, Tortuga.
The point of entry was initially believed to have via the window, which was found open & the shutter raised. The front door was locked to outsiders. Only the burglars' favourite, a patio door, was ajar. Why was staging almost immediately suspected?
Had the McCanns not discovered Madeleine missing until morning after a night's sleep, what would the Portuguese police have done differently?
We have cited several cases on this forum of children having been abducted from their beds by strangers when sleeping adults were present , one of which resulted in a father being wrongfully convicted of his daughter's murder. (USA Riley Fox). In all cases the parents were under suspicion, some for months or even years.
We have also cited cases where young children have woken & wandered whilst their parents slept, oblivious to what was happening. Fortunately most of those had a positive outcome.
The Netflix documentary detailed how some children had been targeted whilst sleeping in their beds during a holiday in the Algarve, so there was precedent. The fact that Portugal had no DNA database to any compare DNA harvested from each of those crime scenes to others was surely detrimental to identifying offenders, prosecuting them & maybe preventing a repeat offence.
I would be interested to know what you think PJ would have done differently, especially in the light of the case of a child who reportedly went missing away from home which resulted in the mother/A N Other being convicted of the child's murder within the home, without any forensic evidence whatsoever.

Hadn’t any DNA or forensics that could have been harvested been catastrophically compromised by the time the police arrived ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

It was articulated in reply to your question, so please get up to speed.

If you are looking for a missing child, you carry out missing child procedures.

If you are thinking of an abducted child, you carry out abduction procedures.

Very simple.

An abducted child is a missing child... Even more simple..

Online misty

Does it matter if Jez Wulkins says he didn't go out and someone says he did? Probably not, but it's worthy of note. Especially when it appears in a supposedly well researched very expensive documentary. Who checked the 'facts' I wonder? No-one imo.

I think Jenson's remark, if accurate, does raise a red flag. Jez was one of the known people outside the Tapas 9 who was aware the children were being left on their own. However, that would be for the police to look at further, not the documentary makers imo.

Online misty

I have no idea why these stroppy sceptics even post here.  They would be far happier grumbling away to each other on their sceptic forums with no nasty supporters to challenge their views or ask awkward questions.

They already have one of those, don't they? Last post was made Jan 11th.....we must be doing something right. :)

Offline Venturi Swirl

They already have one of those, don't they? Last post was made Jan 11th.....we must be doing something right. :)
Haha, yes! 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

It was articulated in reply to your question.

Very simple.
So if the child had disappeared in the middle of the night from a locked apartment in which the parents were present, then abduction would have been the only possible theory?  I'm not sure it is that simple.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:57:56 PM by Brietta »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

Jon Clarke says he arrived just as the McCanns were leaving for Potimao. He says he went uo onto the balcony of 5A but didn't go in because 'obviously it would have been a crime scene'. Did he reread what he jad said previously? Obviously not.

When I arrived at about 11.45am I was firstly able to walk into the apartment, where I introduced myself to the McCanns and told them I would do everything I could to help.
https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2017/05/11/madeleine-mccann-olive-press-editor-talks-first-journalist-scene-10th-anniversary-disappearance/

He also says that there was an announcement to the press that the McCanns were going to make their first appeal late on 4th. I wonder who announced that? Kate McCann gives the impression that it was a spur of the moment decision by Gerry.

For all you know that could have been reiterated but edited out ... he had no editorial say in what ended up on screen.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

It didn’t take much time or resources if you believe they didn’t move the body.

What does that mean?  If I believe they didn't move what body?

Online Eleanor

I like a good debate as much as the next man but some members are truly not worth the bother.

I think everyone is worth the bother.  Even if I don't agree with them.

Online Eleanor

It was articulated in reply to your question, so please get up to speed.

Very simple.

There is no need for insulting asides..

Offline Brietta

He told a couple of whoppers in he Netflix documentary.  He just can’t help it IMO.

Maybe not so much that he couldn't help it ... more that he wasn't used to being contradicted by other witness statements and it will be a surprise to him?

He is more used to holding the floor in broadcasts ... I think it would actually have suited him better to have played the 'dignity' card and ignored trying to ace Kate and Gerry.
He might have gone down well in the past as far as Portugal is concerned ... different matter in international terms such as Netflix which has to determine what is libel and what is not.  Wonder if Amaral will add Netflix to his conspiracy theories ... I think his before camera performance was transparently dire.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

Without proof, a key is a figment of people's fertile imaginations imo. And the open window (if it was unlocked) comes from the mouth of a self confessed liar. It's not what i call valuable evidence, would you? It's got even less strength than the dog alerts imo unless you can tell me how you know for certain when a self confessed liar is telling the truth? If Peter Hyatt can't do it, why should I believe you can?

I require a Cite for Self Confessed Liar.  Otherwise I shall delete this and any other references to it.

Online Eleanor

Ah...i think you're great.  8(0(*

I think you are handling this Forum with new rules quite well most of the time.

Online Eleanor

It's out of Kate's book - it's the me and gerry had never lied about anything blah blah blah but we didn't seem to have a choice. Do I have to dig it out the direct quote?

What Kate said was not a Lie.  A Fib at worst.  Sorry, but I am not having that it was.

Offline Brietta

You do everything you can as a parent to ensure the safety of your child, nobody can protect their child 100% from all risks, obviously. You reduce those risks as much as you can.

I do think we would be having a much different conversation had Madeline been abducted from the locked apartment while the family slept and I am sure the initial investigation would have been carried out in a far different manner.
I doubt very much if the initial investigation would have been conducted any differently from Madeleine's and Joana's disappearances.
Netflix linked them.
Netflix  went to the trouble of replicating the reconstitution showing the alleged dismemberment of Joana and the impossibility of the eight year old's body fitting in the fridge.

Fridge ~ pigs ~ publicity ~ unfound children and mothers ... ring any bells?