Author Topic: Leonor Cipriano released from prison after serving five-sixths of her sentence.  (Read 41522 times)

Offline Mr Gray

You do know that your Portuguese journalist of choice didn’t even know that Cipriano had appealed the murder verdict and her appeal had been rejected.

Finger definitely on the pulse.

Do you remember  a portuguese poster ...montclair...who told us there had never been a successful overturn of a verdict in portugal...they have such an unfit for purpose just system they just will not admit to one.
This is no place to go over the case again...it was a travesty...no evidence produced...just lies from the prosecution. One lie being that a spot of joannas blood was found. The fact was  the sample was never tested and just presumed to be Joannas blood

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

What do you expect Leonor Cipriano to do?  She is a Portuguese Peasant.  What a pile of shite.  How could you do this?

The Trial was a Farce by any normal standards.  But if you think that Britain would have tolerated this then you have got a serious problem.

But then it was only Portugal and a Portuguese Peasant, so who cares?

I can only hope that Amaral and his like will one day wonder about what they did.

Oh... Britain has had its own share of well documented misscarriage of justice cases.

Offline Mr Gray

Oh... Britain has had its own share of well documented misscarriage of justice cases.

is that meant to be  areason to ignore this one. The fact seems to be taht unlike the Uk portugal just wont admit to any

is that meant to be  areason to ignore this one. The fact seems to be taht unlike the Uk portugal just wont admit to any

I don't believe we should ever ignore suspicions of a misscarriage of justice - no matter where it happens.

Offline faithlilly

Do you remember  a portuguese poster ...montclair...who told us there had never been a successful overturn of a verdict in portugal...they have such an unfit for purpose just system they just will not admit to one.
This is no place to go over the case again...it was a travesty...no evidence produced...just lies from the prosecution. One lie being that a spot of joannas blood was found. The fact was  the sample was never tested and just presumed to be Joannas blood

Agreed it’s not the place to go over the case again. However it is the place to ask what Cipriano is doing to clear her name and find out what happened to her daughter.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

I don't believe we should ever ignore suspicions of a misscarriage of justice - no matter where it happens.

excellent

excellent

It's not often we agree - but it does happen!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

I believe you have underestimated her
Why do you believe that?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

Why do you believe that?

Again the journalist Tavares...who gave amaral avery rough ride in the interview...said Leonora was below average intelligence and simply not able to do what teh prosecution claimed in ordr to hide the crime

Online Eleanor

None of this is even reasonable.  And I mind that Leonor was treated like an idiot when no one proved that she was even instrumental in the supposed death of her daughter.

I am probably more cross about this than I am about Madeleine.  And almost certainly  more convinced.

Online Eleanor

Agreed it’s not the place to go over the case again. However it is the place to ask what Cipriano is doing to clear her name and find out what happened to her daughter.

What the hell do you think she can do,

Offline faithlilly

What the hell do you think she can do,

As she said herself as she left prison, she‘ “will go everywhere” she can to look for Joana.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Online Eleanor

As she said herself as she left prison, she‘ “will go everywhere” she can to look for Joana.

And you think she has the means to do this?  Not just monetarily but intellectually as well.

I suppose that it has to depend on whether or not one believes her, or even if it was just an unsafe conviction.

In the light of a Portuguese Court finding that Leonor Cipriano was beaten while in the custody of The PJ one can only wonder how on earth they found her Guilty.

How were The PJ allowed to take her out of prison in the early hours of the morning without a Lawyer and then supposedly question her 36 hours.  And then return her beaten black and blue.  And then say that she fell down the stairs.

All I can say is thank Christ that this never happened  to Kate McCann.

But it did happen to Michael Cooke some years earlier.  And didn't The British Government do well on that one.  He appeared In Court with half of his teeth missing and with a very battered face.

And people wonder why The British Ambassador was in Luz tout de bloody suite.  He, whoever he was wasn't having this happening again. 

I don't know if The Portuguese system has improved beyond Fascism.  I only know that logical decisions made by younger Judges are so often Over Ruled by old facist  farts who will rule in favour of The PJ who never get it wrong.

The very least that Madeleine has done for Portugal is to expose that.  And if that little girl is dead then she will have done something for the very ordinary people of Portugal.  I rest my hope in that, if nothing else.

Offline faithlilly

And you think she has the means to do this?  Not just monetarily but intellectually as well.

I suppose that it has to depend on whether or not one believes her, or even if it was just an unsafe conviction.

In the light of a Portuguese Court finding that Leonor Cipriano was beaten while in the custody of The PJ one can only wonder how on earth they found her Guilty.

How were The PJ allowed to take her out of prison in the early hours of the morning without a Lawyer and then supposedly question her 36 hours.  And then return her beaten black and blue.  And then say that she fell down the stairs.

All I can say is thank Christ that this never happened  to Kate McCann.

But it did happen to Michael Cooke some years earlier.  And didn't The British Government do well on that one.  He appeared In Court with half of his teeth missing and with a very battered face.

And people wonder why The British Ambassador was in Luz tout de bloody suite.  He, whoever he was wasn't having this happening again. 

I don't know if The Portuguese system has improved beyond Fascism.  I only know that logical decisions made by younger Judges are so often Over Ruled by old facist  farts who will rule in favour of The PJ who never get it wrong.

The very least that Madeleine has done for Portugal is to expose that.  And if that little girl is dead then she will have done something for the very ordinary people of Portugal.  I rest my hope in that, if nothing else.

No I don’t think she means it because I think, intellectually, she knows exactly where her daughter is.

Online Eleanor

No I don’t think she means it because I think, intellectually, she knows exactly where her daughter is.

Yah.  Bully for you.