Author Topic: Does Cipriano's convictions let Amaral and the PJ off the hook?  (Read 44629 times)

icabodcrane

Re: Does Cipriano's convictions let Amaral and the PJ off the hook?
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2013, 09:41:28 PM »
what does that have to do with amnesty

I thought amnesty fought for people who were wrongly imprisoned 

If they concluded that Cipriano had been tortured into confessing,  and wrongly imprisoned as a consequence,  why would they stop pleading her case  ? 

AnneGuedes

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2013, 09:43:27 PM »
Dhingra has bailed.  He says he wont tolerate being spoken to in such a condescending manner.    8)-)))

Well done whoever was responsible...we have just lost a valuable resource!!
I'm innocent, I was the first to suggest he attracted attention on him with his secrets... Ah now I remember, he evoked some sort of technique he couldn't reveal before the show !

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2013, 09:43:37 PM »
I thought amnesty fought for people who were wrongly imprisoned 

If they concluded that Cipriano had been tortured into confessing,  and wrongly imprisoned as a consequence,  why would they stop pleading her case  ?

Amnesty was looking only at the torture..read the reports   

Cariad

« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2013, 09:45:49 PM »
I am right

No, not you. C.Edwards was right.

I'm impressed. I'd never have guessed that that was the angle you were going for. It's boarding on ingenious because of course you are technically right which is really not the same as being actually right.

Forgive me for going off topic a moment, but I have to know, were you ever a Red Dwarf fan? Do you know who Rimmer is?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »

I'm impressed. I'd never have guessed that that was the angle you were going for. It's boarding on ingenious because of course you are technically right which is really not the same as being actually right.

Forgive me for going off topic a moment, but I have to know, were you ever a Red Dwarf fan? Do you know who Rimmer is?

I am right and of course I do

Offline LagosBen

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2013, 09:56:50 PM »
Things do disappear from here with no explanation which is disconcerting imo

The other week mid Luz in  rant I asked if Luz, montclair, Anne Guedes were related to Amaral or in his close circle. From memory it vanished with no explanation.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2013, 10:41:06 PM »
So despite the conviction for torture..tavares is still a policeman

Offline Benice

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2013, 10:44:42 PM »
You are wrong about Virgolino Borges, Angelo

Two PJ inspectors condemned

25/01/2013 21:10

PJ , Virgolino Borges

Two chief inspectors of the PJ were today sentenced to two years and six months imprisonment with suspended sentence for torture against the official CP Virgolino Borges, told Lusa the victim's lawyer.

The panel of judges of the 3rd. Lisbon criminal court condemned the crimes of torture and ill-treatment, co-authored material, the current chief inspectors Diamond José Santos and Vitor Tavares de Almeida, forcing them even to pay a fine of 80 euros / month for the same period, indicated Lusa lawyer Jerónimo Martins.
The same process was also acquitted the chief inspector Antonio Alves da Cunha, having been applied the principle "in dubio pro reo" (when in doubt decide in favor of the defendant).

Jerónimo Martins stressed the importance of the judgment, because it is the "first time" that the PJ inspectors are "individually convicted" of a crime of torture.

The lawyer considered "to have done some justice, because for the first time felt that PJ officers are not immune nor are absolutely untouchable for assaulting citizens."

Despite the conviction of two agents of PJ's attorney Virgolino Borges did not exclude the possibility of an appeal against the ruling by one of the inspectors have been acquitted and his client have reiterated throughout the process was one of the attackers.

At the material time - 2 and March 3, 2000 - Virgolino Borges was responding to the Central Directorate for Combating Gangsterism (DCCB), in Lisbon, and suffered multiple rib fractures, bruises and also presenting other injuries, he said.

As to whether the defendants have been subject to any disciplinary proceedings in PJ and remain in office, Jerónimo Martins replied: "As far as I know, were not the subject of any disciplinary process."

He said that "Victor Tavares de Almeida keeps the service in Lagos, while Alves da Cunha Santos Diamond and remains on the board of Lisbon, although the latter is dealing with retirement."

Lusa contacted the Association of PJ officers about the court's decision, and its president, Carlos Garcia, stated that an appeal will be lodged condemnation.

Virgolino Borges accused the inspectors have tortured during interrogation to obtain a confession about the authorship of a theft, occurred in CP, your workplace.

So that's the Lead Investigator and his 2nd in command in the McCann case, both convicted criminals!!  You couldn't make it up could you.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

AnneGuedes

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2013, 10:50:21 PM »

So that's the Lead Investigator and his 2nd in command in the McCann case, both convicted criminals!!  You couldn't make it up could you.
What a kick ! From convicted criminals right to Madeleine McCann !

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2013, 11:06:18 PM »

There's other good buddies and witness's of Amarals too  8()(((@#
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

C.Edwards

« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2013, 11:19:44 PM »
There's other good buddies and witness's of Amarals too  8()(((@#

And I ask again: why does it matter?  There is a section of McCann supporters that remain desperate to smear every single one of the Portuguese investigating team that cast a critical eye at the McCanns.

Even if Amaral was a fraudster, wife beater, donkey-molester, gun runner, whatever... where is the logical connection that any of that would stop him carrying out his duties?  I just don't get the obsession. It's purely a deflective mechanism in order to try and make a point along the lines of, "well that person did x so how can you possible trust them to do anything right, hmm?" which is clearly a complete horlicks of an argument. 

Offline puglove

« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2013, 11:28:36 PM »

@)(++(*
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

icabodcrane

« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2013, 11:31:17 PM »
And I ask again: why does it matter?  There is a section of McCann supporters that remain desperate to smear every single one of the Portuguese investigating team that cast a critical eye at the McCanns.

Even if Amaral was a fraudster, wife beater, donkey-molester, gun runner, whatever... where is the logical connection that any of that would stop him carrying out his duties?  I just don't get the obsession. It's purely a deflective mechanism in order to try and make a point along the lines of, "well that person did x so how can you possible trust them to do anything right, hmm?" which is clearly a complete horlicks of an argument.

This is something that has baffled me  (  and not just with regard to Amaral either   )  ... it seems there is a compulsion  to malign and denigrate  anyone  who might be seen to pose even the slightest doubt on  the McCanns'  version of events

Offline Benice

« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2013, 12:54:31 AM »
This is something that has baffled me  (  and not just with regard to Amaral either   )  ... it seems there is a compulsion  to malign and denigrate  anyone  who might be seen to pose even the slightest doubt on  the McCanns'  version of events

Andy Redwood is maligned and denigrated simply because he believes Madeleine was abducted - and yet no-one is supposed to comment on the outrageous fact that a perjurer and a torturer were actually allowed to be in charge of the McCann case?    And you say YOU are baffled?? 
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2013, 08:20:35 AM »
Andy Redwood is maligned and denigrated simply because he believes Madeleine was abducted - and yet no-one is supposed to comment on the outrageous fact that a perjurer and a torturer were actually allowed to be in charge of the McCann case?    And you say YOU are baffled?? 

"Andy Redwood is maligned and denigrated simply because he believes Madeleine was abducted"

Really?    When exactly did you have access to Redwoods inner thoughts?
He believes she was abducted?  So he is not actually certain on that issue then, It's just a belief he has,
But of course he couldn't be certain she was abducted, because there is no evidence of it.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.