Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853650 times)

Offline Mr Gray

@)(++(*

are you suggesting they do not believe amaral

Offline G-Unit

most if not all those contributing have believed amarals lies re the dog alerts and the DNA...if they understood the evidence I'm sure they would not be contributing

I would say it's more a case of disbelief myself. Disbelief of what they are being told, particularly by the UK media.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

most if not all those contributing have believed amarals lies re the dog alerts and the DNA...if they understood the evidence I'm sure they would not be contributing
An opinion that cannot be put to the test and I doubt if the cash register cares.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

I'm a bit puzzled why a Portuguese man, who has been judged by a Portuguese Court to have dishonoured his duty of confidentiality as a former law officer and who has denied the victims of crime the presumption of innocence, is considered to be a victim, who needs financial support to appeal against his own country's courts.

I really do not know what type of person takes time out to denigrate with relish the mother of a missing child who hopes to participate in an event to raise money to help missing people and their relatives.

Everybody to their own I suppose.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Alfred R Jones

I'm a bit puzzled why a Portuguese man, who has been judged by a Portuguese Court to have dishonoured his duty of confidentiality as a former law officer and who has denied the victims of crime the presumption of innocence, is considered to be a victim, who needs financial support to appeal against his own country's courts.

I really do not know what type of person takes time out to denigrate with relish the mother of a missing child who hopes to participate in an event to raise money to help missing people and their relatives.

The fact is that every penny these trolls spend on a) supporting Amaral and b) writing hateful comments on Kate's fundraising page will end up benefiting either the Madeleine Fund or the Missing People charity, they're just too dumb to realise it.

Offline Brietta

The fact is that every penny these trolls spend on a) supporting Amaral and b) writing hateful comments on Kate's fundraising page will end up benefiting either the Madeleine Fund or the Missing People charity, they're just too dumb to realise it.

That's if it even gets as far as being able to be considered his unearned income ... I think it has to reach his coffers first and it remains to be seen if that will happen.  Interesting though.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

Re "financial support", the situation is so unbalanced. Is it fair that one side appears to have top UK and PT lawyers paid for by one or more rich funders, and the other side has absolutely no such funding?

Offline Jean-Pierre

Re "financial support", the situation is so unbalanced. Is it fair that one side appears to have top UK and PT lawyers paid for by one or more rich funders, and the other side has absolutely no such funding?

As it happens Pegasus I agree with you on this.  Which is one of the reasons why I have made contributions to both the original defence fund and to this one, and would urge all who care about justice to do the same.

Offline Mr Gray

As it happens Pegasus I agree with you on this.  Which is one of the reasons why I have made contributions to both the original defence fund and to this one, and would urge all who care about justice to do the same.
I don't think there is any justice involved in the support of a man who accuses two parents of criminal activity when the evidence does not support him

Offline G-Unit

It doesn't matter what we think, though, does it? The fact is that people are supporting Amaral for a variety of reasons as is their right. The post quoted seems to sum up how people feel;

Truth and justice - an excellent mantra to live by. Everything I have read and seen regarding Dr Goncalo Amaral show him to be an honourable man. I can't say the same for the McCanns. British MSM is below contempt and always has been. Thousands of people have donated millions of pounds in the misheld belief that it was ALL going to be used to help to find a missing little girl (or be donated to other worthy children's charities) and NOT to personally attack those individuals who questioned the McCanns' version of events. It was not intended to be a prosecution/protection fund. And, the questioning is completely valid - there is ample evidence (even in the public arena) to doubt 'the official line' that we are being fed from some quarters. I am donating in the full knowledge that this is going towards a legal defence - I'm more than happy to do so. Good luck Snr. Amaral - you have the respect and gratitude of a great deal of people in the UK for standing tall with dignity.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfred R Jones

It doesn't matter what we think, though, does it? The fact is that people are supporting Amaral for a variety of reasons as is their right. The post quoted seems to sum up how people feel;

Truth and justice - an excellent mantra to live by. Everything I have read and seen regarding Dr Goncalo Amaral show him to be an honourable man. I can't say the same for the McCanns. British MSM is below contempt and always has been. Thousands of people have donated millions of pounds in the misheld belief that it was ALL going to be used to help to find a missing little girl (or be donated to other worthy children's charities) and NOT to personally attack those individuals who questioned the McCanns' version of events. It was not intended to be a prosecution/protection fund. And, the questioning is completely valid - there is ample evidence (even in the public arena) to doubt 'the official line' that we are being fed from some quarters. I am donating in the full knowledge that this is going towards a legal defence - I'm more than happy to do so. Good luck Snr. Amaral - you have the respect and gratitude of a great deal of people in the UK for standing tall with dignity.
I'd like to see some evidence for the claim that thousands of people who donated to the Madeleine Fund believed that ALL their funds were going to be used to search for the missing child.  People usually make donations in such cases unconditionally, as a show of support and sympathy, hence why money continued to be sentinto the April Jones Fund long after it was apparent she was never coming back.

Offline Benice

How anyone can describe a corrupt policeman with a criminal record to prove it as an ''honourable man'' - is totally beyond my comprehension.   Bent cops are the lowest of the low IMO.

I contributed to the fund - and don't care a fig what they did with the money. 

IMO if Gerry McCann had so much as a parking ticket - they would be tearing him to ribbons and claiming this was irrefutable proof that he was an evil criminal.      I can't begin to imagine what they would be saying if he was also a tax evader, an adulterer, had been reported to the police by Kate for drink driving, had been taken to court by his own brother for fraud - and had a criminal record for abusing his position.

One thing is for sure the word 'honourable' would not be included anywhere at any time.

Oh well - 'There's nowt so queer as folk' - as they say.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Brietta

Is the law ever a level playing field? 

Were I libelled I would just have to grin and bear it as I would be unable to afford to go to court.  If Victoria Beckham suffered exactly the same libel and was as outraged as I ... she could afford the best legal representation possible to contest the libel in court. (Sigh ... that is not the only difference between Victoria and myself.)

It is my opinion that Goncalo Amaral's situation is entirely of his own making and his illegal actions as outlined by a Portuguese Court the fault of no-one but himself.

I believe it was his arrogance in thinking the McCanns would not sue which has led to this impasse, and his vendetta against Leonor Cipriano's lawyer which cost him dearly should have taught him some caution.

In any case, he seems to have plenty of donations to his fund to enable him to contest the judgement of the Portuguese Court, which when considered, illustrates the actions of a corrupt ex public official who took pains to deny the victims of a horrendous crime their presumption of innocence.

I think the Portuguese people have very probably had their fill of such as scandal after scandal erupts involving the corruption of those in public office.
This is merely another such scandal ... and it is laudable that individuals may wish to dig into their pockets to defend it ... however it should be remembered Goncalo Amaral had his day in a lawfully constituted court, unlike the McCanns who are tried and condemned every day of their lives in kangaroo courts set up in many instances by the vilest of people. 

Offline Alice Purjorick

Everyone is entitled to justice. There appear to be those who believe justice is only for their mates and those of similar viewpoints to themselves. That is scary when logical extension is applied.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

Everyone is entitled to justice. There appear to be those who believe justice is only for their mates and those of similar viewpoints to themselves. That is scary when logical extension is applied.

What exactly do you think Judge Maria Emilia de Melo e Castro was dispensing in her Court?