Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853611 times)

Offline Brietta

You surely cannot believe what you write.  Did you not see the marketing tools created to drum up support for Amaral's fund that were plastered all over the net yesterday, examples of which were posted on this forum by Davel?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with raising funds and\or contributing to an appeal for donations to support Mr Amaral's appeal against the judgement handed down to him in a Portuguese Court.

There is however a savage sickness infecting those who work out the best way possible to get the boot into the mother of a missing child; that these people appear to be one and the same ... it speaks volumes.

Kate McCann hit by internet trolls on missing Maddie's 12th birthday
INTERNET trolls sent cruel messages to Kate McCann on missing daughter Madeleine’s 12th birthday yesterday.

Kate, was abused as she appealed for sponsors for a cycle challenge to raise cash for missing children.

Trolls even made donations to her Just- Giving page so they could access it to leave hate messages too shocking to print.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/441800/Madeleine-McCann-Kate-McCann-12th-Birthday

Was it last year that the internet was awash with vile plans to march on the McCann's home town on Madeleine McCann's birthday?  I think the description they so much object to ~ TROLLS ~ is actually an insult to the genre, they are so much more worse than that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

Amaral will need to establish grounds of an appeal acceptable to the next court up.

I hope he's got that sorted, or the administrators of the fund may have to find something else to do with the money they've raised.

Alfred R Jones

Nearly 100 donations of £12 to the Gonc fund yesterday, some repeat donations by those who had already given but who obviously got a kick out of making a point on Madeleine's Birthday - and you say this was not an organised campaign, but just 100 or so individuals independently coming up with the idea of donating exactly £12?   &%+((£

Offline carlymichelle

alf   if people  want to  donate   for  GA   they can people donate to the mcanns what is the diffrence??

Offline faithlilly

No, I don't do screen grabs, I'm not a cataloguer of "sceptic" crap.  Are you disputing the use of this graphic by sceptics to drum up funds for Amaral?

I'm asking for context. As I haven't seen the graphic or anything of a similar nature how am I to know it hasn't simply been 'knocked up' to discredit sceptics and/or the fund ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Alfred R Jones

I'm asking for context. As I haven't seen the graphic or anything of a similar nature how am I to know it hasn't simply been 'knocked up' to discredit sceptics and/or the fund ?
LOL.  So you agree it is discreditable then?  I suggest you take a look around Facebook and Twitter, I'm sure you'll stumble across it there...

Offline faithlilly

LOL.  So you agree it is discreditable then?  I suggest you take a look around Facebook and Twitter, I'm sure you'll stumble across it there...

If true I believe it's in poor taste.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Carana

I have no problem with Amaral's fans fundraising for his defence, but I find it beyond the pale to use her birthday in such a misleading way. Nothing he has written or said has contributed in any way to finding her, nor is it likely to. Yet people who know little about the case could get the impression that supporting his defence is somehow supporting the search for her...

AND how is using such tactics respectful to either Madeleine (if ever she is out there) and / or to those who knew and loved her on yet another of those special dates?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 12:11:25 PM by Angelo222 »

Offline mercury

Why would they get in touch and not want a story...she is courting publicity...I don't particularly blame her...she believes amaral when he says the dogs prove maddie died in the apartment...no wonder these people think there's a conspiracy...if I believed what amaral has said I would think the same. The difference is I have enough sense to realise amaral is lying

Why wouldn't they? They got in touch. The proviso was given. You still have no evidence or proof she was "courting publicity" or evidence or proof that no journalist contacted her.  Just mere speculation.

Offline mercury

Did you read Natasha's article?  It makes little sense.  Journos do not approach people to tell them they're not interested in covering their stories until circumstances change.  It certainly sounds much more likely that Baulch approached them and that is why the journos said what they did, I doubt you see the logic in that but there we are.

No I didn't. Who is Natasha? Who is to say journos do not contact people and stipulate x y or zee.

Offline mercury

If the editors read the comments by those donating they would have realised that the effect of the Sun article was to increase donations. That's why they are waiting to report the story in case they are accused of encouraging the fundraising too imo.

Thank you G-Unit :) This makes sense.

ferryman

So it seems this 25000 eruo target will be reached.

What next?

Offline G-Unit

So it seems this 25000 eruo target will be reached.

What next?

34542.59 EUR target actually.

£15,817 of £25k
Raised by 1,023 people in 14 days
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

34542.59 EUR target actually.

£15,817 of £25k
Raised by 1,023 people in 14 days

Where is the higher figure cited?

And why, through time, has the 25K figure remained unchanged, while the figure cited as raised has steadily risen?

Offline G-Unit

Where is the higher figure cited?

And why, through time, has the 25K figure remained unchanged, while the figure cited as raised has steadily risen?

You said 25,000 EUR target. It's not EUR, it's pounds. I calculated the EUR figure for you  ?{)(**
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0