Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853677 times)

Offline carlymichelle

You said 25,000 EUR target. It's not EUR, it's pounds. I calculated the EUR figure for you  ?{)(**

a few mcann supporters seem very distresssed and worried about the fund for GA what are they scared of the mcanns have had a long running fund for 8 years
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:37:34 AM by carlymichelle »

ferryman

You said 25,000 EUR target. It's not EUR, it's pounds. I calculated the EUR figure for you  ?{)(**

Fair enough.

My mistake.

When the target figure is reached, what next?

Offline carlymichelle

Fair enough.

My mistake.

When the target figure is reached, what next?

it will pay for his appeal

ferryman

it will pay for his appeal

But what if his cited grounds of appeal are rejected?

Offline Angelo222

Nothing he has written or said has contributed in any way to finding her, nor is it likely to.

That's not the case Carana.  By writing the book and having it distributed worldwide Goncalo Amaral created an awareness of the circumstances of Maddies disappearance.

A point worth noting is that Goncalo Amaral has never complained or sought redress when his book was copied and posted all over the web yet the McCanns have sought to do so at every juncture.  One could be forgiven for believing that they are more interested in the funds the book brings in than than the message it carries.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:49:44 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline G-Unit

a few mcann supporters seem very distresssed and worried about the fund for GA what are they scared of the mcanns have had a long running fund for 8 years

I suppose they find it hard to understand why people prefer to support a 'disgraced' Portuguese policeman than a professional couple of UK doctors whose friends and family have all testified as to what good parents they were; except for a few evenings on holiday of course.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

I suppose they find it hard to understand why people prefer to support a 'disgraced' Portuguese policeman than a professional couple of UK doctors whose friends and family have all testified as to what good parents they were; except for a few evenings on holiday of course.

Not at all ... I think people may have a perfect understanding of why there are those who wish to contribute to Mr Amaral's appeal fund ... as far as I am concerned, if that is what they wish to do with their money that is entirely a decision for them to make.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

Not at all ... I think people may have a perfect understanding of why there are those who wish to contribute to Mr Amaral's appeal fund ... as far as I am concerned, if that is what they wish to do with their money that is entirely a decision for them to make.

and absolutely nothing to do with you.

Offline Angelo222

I used to have some sympathy for the McCanns but that died when I came to realise that they failed to cooperate fully with the official investigation being conducted by the Portuguese and English police and decided to bring in a bunch of criminals masquerading as private investigators.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

ferryman

That's not the case Carana.  By writing the book and having it distributed worldwide Goncalo Amaral created an awareness of the circumstances of Maddies disappearance.

A point worth noting is that Goncalo Amaral has never complained or sought redress when his book was copied and posted all over the web yet the McCanns have sought to do so at every juncture.  One could be forgiven for believing that they are more interested in the funds the book brings in than than the message it carries.

An English-language version of Amaral's book, readily available on line, has proved useful in ways Amaral wouldn't necessarily appreciate.

Offline Eleanor

and absolutely nothing to do with you.

A totally unnecessary comment, Stephen.  That is what Brietta said.  It's nothing to do with her.

And it's nothing to do with me either.  The poor man is nearly on his beam end, apart from being a bit better off than most Portuguese.
But everyone should have the means to Appeal.  Although I won't be donating myself.

However, I understand that Jean Pierre did donate.  But then he is a thoroughly fair man.

By the way, have you donated?

Offline Benice

I don't find it hard to understand.    IMO Some sceptics will support anything if they believe it will hurt the McCann family, even if it means supporting a corrupt policeman with a criminal record.    Simples.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline G-Unit

I don't find it hard to understand.    IMO Some sceptics will support anything if they believe it will hurt the McCann family, even if it means supporting a corrupt policeman with a criminal record.    Simples.

So all those people who have donated have lied about their reasons for doing so? In your opinion obviously.  8(>((
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

I used to have some sympathy for the McCanns but that died when I came to realise that they failed to cooperate fully with the official investigation being conducted by the Portuguese and English police and decided to bring in a bunch of criminals masquerading as private investigators.

Apart from being shocked to the core by the ongoing assaults on Madeleine McCann's family and her parents, their friends and anyone associated with them ... I have no entrenched opinion on either Dr Kate McCann or Dr Gerry McCann, apart from concurring with the Portuguese Judge on their legal status.

I understand entirely their concerns regarding the conduct of the inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance and their mounting concerns which led to the employment of private investigators who at the least were looking for a living child.

I would not consider contributing to a fund set up to finance an appeal against what I consider to be a just verdict against a man who more than went out of his way to confirm his prejudices in the most unprofessional manner he had to hand and the illegality of which has been confirmed in court.

The people who are most affected by the rule of the law of the land are the citizens of Portugal and the information I would find to clarify their opinion on the matter is not forthcoming ... and that is how much is being contributed from Portugal to Mr Amaral's fund to finance his appeal, if it is allowed to proceed.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

I understand entirely their concerns regarding the conduct of the inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance and their mounting concerns which led to the employment of private investigators who at the least were looking for a living child.

Was that before or after it while they were attempting to take Amaral down?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:43:04 PM by John »

Je ne regrette rien!!