Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853769 times)

Offline Brietta

In this country it would probably be funded from legal aid taxation to which you contribute.
So the notion that those who contribute to the defence of criminals are abnormal ?...................fill in the rest yourself.

In Britain I imagine one would be hard pressed to receive legal aid in a civil case if one had any sort of income at all, I believe there are similar restrictions in force in Portugal.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

ferryman

In England, legal aid is unavailable for libel actions.

Offline Mr Gray

I am not certain, but I believe the appeal process could cost around £40,000. I strongly believe the appeal will be allowed, there is no reason for it not to.

you say you strongly believe...do you have any knowledge of Portuguese law and what his grounds will be

ferryman

I am not certain, but I believe the appeal process could cost around £40,000. I strongly believe the appeal will be allowed, there is no reason for it not to.

Do you have expert legal opinion to substantiate that view?

Davel got there before me ...

Offline Brietta

It doesn't seem to have occurred to benice and other mccann supporters that people do have a mind of their own, and after viewing the evidence available don't believe the mccanns accounts of events.

That is probably the reason why the job of collecting evidence should be left to those with the expertise and professionalism to do so.  Baying mobs are never the answer to complex legal cases.

If Mr Amaral is allowed his day in court, it would be worth remembering that Madeleine McCann's parents will be represented also.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

... perhaps that is what Mr Amaral hopes from stringing out his appeal process particularly since he has never appeared to keen to conclude proceedings throughout the process.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:58:26 PM by John »

Offline LeanneBaulch

• Nothing is to be preferred before justice.
you say you strongly believe...do you have any knowledge of Portuguese law and what his grounds will be

It is my belief, after analysing the court report, it was very much in favour of Goncalo. I am not privy to any of the information relating to the appeal, although even if I was, I don't think discussing it on an open forum is advisable.
gofund.me/Legal-DefencePJGA

Offline Lace

In a way, yes ..I didn't expect the MSM to report on the fund.

Leanne,   how do you feel about people putting a message out on Madeleine's birthday asking for donations to celebrate her birthday?     Did this upset you at all?

I even saw message saying 'help Madeleine'   how a donation to a fund set up for a Police Officer who wrote Madeleine off would help Madeleine,  I really do not know,   could you tell me?

Offline LeanneBaulch

Leanne,   how do you feel about people putting a message out on Madeleine's birthday asking for donations to celebrate her birthday?     Did this upset you at all?

I even saw message saying 'help Madeleine'   how a donation to a fund set up for a Police Officer who wrote Madeleine off would help Madeleine,  I really do not know,   could you tell me?

The purpose of the fund is very clear, the reason people choose to donate is down to them. I found the messages left to be very kind, especially towards Madeleine. People are standing with Goncalo, to see justice served for Madeleine. He is the one man that has stood by his beliefs, in order to get the truth for Madeleine McCann, and I believe will continue to do so.

Offline Brietta

It is my belief, after analysing the court report, it was very much in favour of Goncalo. I am not privy to any of the information relating to the appeal, although even if I was, I don't think discussing it on an open forum is advisable.

Do you have an opinion on those who use other's names on their contribution?   Isabel Duarte Madeleine McCann's parents lawyer for one.

Offline Mr Gray

The purpose of the fund is very clear, the reason people choose to donate is down to them. I found the messages left to be very kind, especially towards Madeleine. People are standing with Goncalo, to see justice served for Madeleine. He is the one man that has stood by his beliefs, in order to get the truth for Madeleine McCann, and I believe will continue to do so.

His beliefs happen to be wrong and based on no evidence according to the Portuguese archiving report. his actions have actually denied Maddie justice. Even sceptics on here understand he misunderstood the evidence.

Offline Mr Gray

As regards the Sun ...if they do write an article I doubt very much it will be sympathetic to the fund and much more likely to further expose amaral for the lies he has told

Offline LeanneBaulch

Do you have an opinion on those who use other's names on their contribution?   Isabel Duarte Madeleine McCann's parents lawyer for one.

That donation was made anonymous.

stephen25000

His beliefs happen to be wrong and based on no evidence according to the Portuguese archiving report. his actions have actually denied Maddie justice. Even sceptics on here understand he misunderstood the evidence.

'His beliefs happen to be wrong...'

When has the accidental death theory been disproved ?

Offline G-Unit

Please feel free to speak for yourself, but if I am what you call a 'sceptic' I would ask you not to speak for me. According to the judge the evidence in Amaral's book was the same, on the whole, as that in the files. His conclusions were also not his alone, they were and are shared by others. The reason the judge found against him had less to do with the theory proposed in his book and more to do with whether he should, given his profession, have a) used the evidence in the files and b) failed to uphold the presumption of innocence.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0