Author Topic: Gonçalo Amaral confirms he will appeal the damages decision to higher Court.  (Read 853680 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Not sure if that effort measures up to the £40,000 raised in three days using the same method of subscription, to unseat Mr Carmichael ... maybe it doesn't count since it didn't reach its target.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3103604/Court-bid-oust-former-Lib-Dem-minister-Alistair-Carmichael-MP-revelation-leaked-Sturgeon-memo.html#ixzz3boBMfGez

The Law seems to be an expensive business both here and in Portugal ... is anyone in the position to know if the Portuguese collection for Mr Amaral's Fund matches the British one?

Should be easy enough for those in the know to find out ... transparency and all that.

I suspect that apart from a few people with an axe to grind and a few more with just a passing interest no one really cares about any of it.
Quote from Kirk Douglas and John Wayne in "The War Wagon":
"Mine hit the ground first!"
"Mine was taller!"
 8(*(
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

The fund isn't restricted to a single country and all the donations are available for viewing if you care to trawl through them

Thanks to Pamalam trawling through the comments is much less of a chore ... but no less diverting. 
However the transparency of the of the PJGA side of things seem as opaque as it always has been.     8(0(*
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

I suspect that apart from a few people with an axe to grind and a few more with just a passing interest no one really cares about any of it.
Quote from Kirk Douglas and John Wayne in "The War Wagon":
"Mine hit the ground first!"
"Mine was taller!"
 8(*(

I suspect what you suspect might very well be a distinct probability.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

What I find amusing is people who claim to not know the McCANNS get upset and bothered about Amaral- who was not involved in any way of Madeleines disappearance. I mean it is play ground mentality. Parents hate Amaral so we hate him too. men a men a...dood doo de doo dah

He stood up to the parents! and dared to challenge their 'abduction' story.  And why not!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

Thanks to Pamalam trawling through the comments is much less of a chore ... but no less diverting. 
However the transparency of the of the PJGA side of things seem as opaque as it always has been.     8(0(*

Now when it comes to opaque there's nothing like the mccanns fund.

They do like their first class travel and accommodation.

*&*%£
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:06:12 PM by stephen25000 »

stephen25000

What I find amusing is people who claim to not know the McCANNS get upset and bothered about Amaral- who was not involved in any way of Madeleines disappearance. I mean it is play ground mentality. Parents hate Amaral so we hate him too. men a men a...dood doo de doo dah

He stood up to the parents! and dared to challenge their 'abduction' story.  And why not!

Nicely put. 8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(

ferryman

Amaral's methodology (in 'finding' that the McCanns had something sinister to hide) lacked rigour and failed to stand up to close scrutiny.

That's why we tend to dismiss his conclusions with disdain. 

stephen25000

Amaral's methodology (in 'finding' that the McCanns had something sinister to hide) lacked rigour and failed to stand up to close scrutiny.

No ferryman, it's because you back the mccanns and have never criticized what they did.

Offline jassi

It always seems to be either or with some people.
 It is perfectly reasonable to reject Amarals' findings, while at the same time disbelieving the McCanns version of events.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 02:27:16 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Miss Taken Identity

And that is ok . You disagree with the way he did things. I have no opinion on that I wasn't there. I believe you and others have a  right to question his methodology, but it is up there with those who question the Parent's theory as a stranger abduction through a window!  The hatred comes from the McCANN CAMP! Unbelievers are called; Skeptics, trolls and  bashers... All done with a smug unknowingness of what happened to little Maddie.

Kate was very forgiving of an abductor who may have raped/tortured/murdered her daughter, but wanted Amaral to live in fear? Not really the behaviour of a sane person now is it?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

stephen25000

Meanwhile Mr. Amaral is on the right course, and the appeal will probably be a year away.

Alfred R Jones

And that is ok . You disagree with the way he did things. I have no opinion on that I wasn't there. I believe you and others have a  right to question his methodology, but it is up there with those who question the Parent's theory as a stranger abduction through a window!  The hatred comes from the McCANN CAMP! Unbelievers are called; Skeptics, trolls and  bashers... All done with a smug unknowingness of what happened to little Maddie.

Kate was very forgiving of an abductor who may have raped/tortured/murdered her daughter, but wanted Amaral to live in fear? Not really the behaviour of a sane person now is it?
Was she, or is this just another myth having its regular monthly airing?

ferryman

Was she, or is this just another myth having its regular monthly airing?

Kate did say that she thought she could forgive Madeleine's abductor ....

Alfred R Jones

Kate did say that she thought she could forgive Madeleine's abductor ....
I know that.  She didn't say she was 'very forgiving' towards Madeleine's abductor though did she?  this is what she said:

‘I think I could probably forgive Madeleine’s abductor whatever the circumstances. I don’t know whether it’s simply because I’m stronger or because there’s no benefit in not forgiving someone.

'I can’t change anything and I don’t want to be eaten up by hatred and bitterness.

'And maybe there is an element of pity - what kind of person could do something like this? Of course, forgiveness will always be easier if there is remorse.’

ETA: Imagine being vilified for expressing the above sentiments!

Offline Mr Gray

I know that.  She didn't say she was 'very forgiving' towards Madeleine's abductor though did she?  this is what she said:

‘I think I could probably forgive Madeleine’s abductor whatever the circumstances. I don’t know whether it’s simply because I’m stronger or because there’s no benefit in not forgiving someone.

'I can’t change anything and I don’t want to be eaten up by hatred and bitterness.

'And maybe there is an element of pity - what kind of person could do something like this? Of course, forgiveness will always be easier if there is remorse.’

ETA: Imagine being vilified for expressing the above sentiments!

CONTEXT